The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on September 03, 2015, 11:51:55 PM
Ha ha it's not mine, although I do have one. As you say a necessity here (pool & fence), especially with young kids. I have a couple of palm trees out the back. Cut down the deciduous as they were a bitch when it comes to cleaning the pool.
You cut down nothing! It was your Da did all the work you lazy bag of shite!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 04, 2015, 09:56:07 AM
Ha ha it's not mine, although I do have one. As you say a necessity here (pool & fence), especially with young kids. I have a couple of palm trees out the back. Cut down the deciduous as they were a bitch when it comes to cleaning the pool.

Well now smartarse that's were you're wrong. Although the oul boy cut just about everything else out, said trees had no leaves at the time so I didn't know how much of a pain in the arse they would be. He was long gone before I realized so took it upon myself, although he did buy the saw!

Anyway back on topic. What time does everyone's kids get up at? Mine are like 5.45am the wee girl is later. Don't know how to make them sleep in longer. Have sound machines, black out curtains, tried later/earlier bed times but no good.

deiseach

Quote from: gawa316 on September 04, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
What time does everyone's kids get up at? Mine are like 5.45am the wee girl is later. Don't know how to make them sleep in longer. Have sound machines, black out curtains, tried later/earlier bed times but no good.

Mine gets up between 5.30 and 6. Not only does earlier/later times make no difference, he adjusts his waking time with the clock going forward/back so that he surfaces between 5.30 and 6. Weird.

gawa316

Quote from: deiseach on September 04, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
What time does everyone's kids get up at? Mine are like 5.45am the wee girl is later. Don't know how to make them sleep in longer. Have sound machines, black out curtains, tried later/earlier bed times but no good.

Mine gets up between 5.30 and 6. Not only does earlier/later times make no difference, he adjusts his waking time with the clock going forward/back so that he surfaces between 5.30 and 6. Weird.

I read somewhere that if kids get up before 6 they should be put to bed at 6.45pm. Ours go down about 7.30/7.45p and usually be asleep by 8/8.15. The 5 and 3 yr old sgare a room so there is always a bit of f**king about til they eventually fall asleep. A threat of a red arse usually suffices!

deiseach

Quote from: gawa316 on September 04, 2015, 03:38:36 PM
I read somewhere

Was that the same book that told us when he was three months old that "your child should now be sleeping at least 16 hours a day" while we were lucky if he got six!?

laoislad

Well now smartarse that's were you're wrong. Although the oul boy cut just about everything else out, said trees had no leaves at the time so I didn't know how much of a pain in the arse they would be. He was long gone before I realized so took it upon myself, although he did buy the saw!

Anyway back on topic. What time does everyone's kids get up at? Mine are like 5.45am the wee girl is later. Don't know how to make them sleep in longer. Have sound machines, black out curtains, tried later/earlier bed times but no good.
I've been getting my 16mth old to shout GOAL every time I ask him what do we say when Liverpool score.
Kind of backfired this morning at 4.30am when he woke us up standing up in the cot screaming GOOALLLL
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: deiseach on September 04, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
I read somewhere

Was that the same book that told us when he was three months old that "your child should now be sleeping at least 16 hours a day" while we were lucky if he got six!?

Hereiam

I read somewhere that if kids get up before 6 they should be put to bed at 6.45pm. Ours go down about 7.30/7.45p and usually be asleep by 8/8.15. The 5 and 3 yr old sgare a room so there is always a bit of f**king about til they eventually fall asleep. A threat of a red arse usually suffices!

That's exactly how it works in my house. Wooden spoon is always kept handy.

deiseach

Quote from: gawa316 on September 04, 2015, 04:38:17 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 04, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
I read somewhere

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on September 04, 2015, 03:58:23 PM

I've been getting my 16mth old to shout GOAL every time I ask him what do we say when Liverpool score.
Kind of backfired this morning at 4.30am when he woke us up standing up in the cot screaming GOOALLLL

;D ;D ;D

He might associate goals with bad dreams in which case, has he any Mayo blood?  ;)
MWWSI 2017

tbrick18

No harm but it is just plain wrong to threaten your children with a "red arse".
If I knew who you were I'd call social services. I mean, who in their right mind would threaten their children with a Tirrone player.  :P

Hereiam

Under Lights

Need to book the weenies into some Santa trail. Went to Pomeroy two years ago, excellent, and Todds Leap last year. Want to do somewhere different this year. Suggestions?

screenexile

Quote from: Under Lights on October 05, 2015, 02:41:33 PM
Need to book the weenies into some Santa trail. Went to Pomeroy two years ago, excellent, and Todds Leap last year. Want to do somewhere different this year. Suggestions?

I'd say the Jungle outside Cookstown would be good. Heard it's very professional setup although my young one isn't that age yet.

Their fright night is beginning shortly and I think it's fantastic. Been 3 times already and it's class!!