The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2015, 03:58:23 PM
Some of the baby grow vests are that bad after a poo you just have to bin them imo.
Also hanging the dirty nappie bag on the door for the night?? ffs!
No matter how much the nappie bag is scented you will still have the smell of shite in the house the next morning surely?
f**k them out the window into the back garden and throw them in the bin in the morning.

Rats?

No-one has reported a smell of shite in the house yet. Only milky poos at the minute. Once the solids start going in (and out) then its a different story. Its slippers on and straight to the bin.

Anyones other half do the night feed in bed? Pointless that imo. No1 sleeps then. Fook off away to the other room. I watch a movie/TV show when doing it.

gawa316

Is right LL. Keep the wheelie bin lid open and fcuk her in it out the window. I actually get some enjoyment out of it!

pullhard

Quote from: gawa316 on July 16, 2015, 04:09:24 PM
Is right LL. Keep the wheelie bin lid open and fcuk her in it out the window. I actually get some enjoyment out of it!

The more I hear the better a nappy bin sounds! The smell of a shitty house is something to be avoided

deiseach

Changing a nappy isn't as revolting as you might think. Okay, it's never going to be pleasant, but nappies are so dainty and baby wipes so cheap these days that they fold up easy and go away quickly. There's really not much to it.

NB for some reason I never encountered that meconium poo. That, I believe, is revolting beyond words.

macdanger2

We didn't bother with a nappy bin, just the bags.

They don't smell until they start on the solids and by then they should be sleeping through the night (based on a sample size of 1)

gawa316

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 16, 2015, 04:30:21 PM

They don't smell until they start on the solids and by then they should be sleeping through the night (based on a sample size of 1)

Lucky bastid!

laceer

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 12:29:58 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2015, 12:27:06 PM
the nappy bags are a great job. Forget about the bin (waste of money) best place for them is straight to the black bin outside.

This.

We got a bottle maker bought for us. Some job. Saves some hassle on the whole cooling bottles etc. £79.99.

A

This bottle maker is some job alright.

We also get great use out of a changing unit in the room - keeps everything in one place; nappies, wipes, nappy bags, vests, baby grows - the whole lot. Especially useful at night when you're trying to change a nappy in the dark with one eye closed!

We've one like this:

Quote from: deiseach on July 16, 2015, 04:29:08 PM

NB for some reason I never encountered that meconium poo. That, I believe, is revolting beyond words.

Like trying to clean up tar with a tissue

pullhard

Quote from: deiseach on July 16, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
Changing a nappy isn't as revolting as you might think. Okay, it's never going to be pleasant, but nappies are so dainty and baby wipes so cheap these days that they fold up easy and go away quickly. There's really not much to it.

Someone in work was saying at the start to use cotton wool to clean 'em, thought it was wipes?

deiseach

Wipes work just fine. Can't imagine why cotton wool would be better.

laceer

Supposed to be easier on their skin - midwife told us to work away with the wipes

Under Lights

Have one of them changing units as well. Good job for storage and great height. Bath inside ours as well- the top slides away.

In a few months a fruit net is a great job. You put a strawberry, piece of orange or whatever in it. They can then suck the juice out of it without the fear of choking

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 12:29:58 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2015, 12:27:06 PM
the nappy bags are a great job. Forget about the bin (waste of money) best place for them is straight to the black bin outside.

This.

We got a bottle maker bought for us. Some job. Saves some hassle on the whole cooling bottles etc. £79.99.

A

After having to make bottles the traditional way through the night previously this has to go down as one of the best inventions ever!!

BennyHarp

I was going to put this in the "Famous last words" thread, but me and the missus have been spending the last 4 days potty training our wee fella. But at about 2.30pm this afternoon I said to the wife, "I think we have this sorted". Three pisses in his pants later and I'm not so sure!!
That was never a square ball!!

gawa316

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 16, 2015, 05:41:48 PM
I was going to put this in the "Famous last words" thread, but me and the missus have been spending the last 4 days potty training our wee fella. But at about 2.30pm this afternoon I said to the wife, "I think we have this sorted". Three pisses in his pants later and I'm not so sure!!

It's a soul destroying process and then all of sudden they just get it

muppet

FFS, when did this turn into the Mammies thread!

This reminds me of the men wearing make-up thread.

MWWSI 2017