The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Quote from: pullhard on July 16, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
Our first is due fairly soon.
Debating over some of the stuff we should get.
We keep coming back on whether we need a nappy bin http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Sangenic-Nappy-Disposal/dp/B002VKQD5S
any views?

we are in the same boat as in expecting our first...I put my foot down at this (as if I can put my foot down, it'll be the first thing she buys)...a fekin nappy bin, seriously?? We already have one, its big and black!!

OakleafCounty

Quote from: deiseach on July 16, 2015, 12:09:45 PM
Quote from: pullhard on July 16, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
Our first is due fairly soon.
Debating over some of the stuff we should get.
We keep coming back on whether we need a nappy bin http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Sangenic-Nappy-Disposal/dp/B002VKQD5S
any views?

No. Tesco Value nappy bags work just fine.

Agree. Nappy bags are great.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 11:44:42 AM
Whenever I turn 30 I will start reading Stephen King. Have been holding off until then. What is life without whimsy.

Two is much tougher. Still trying to get out the door to training two evenings a week and a match on Sunday. Tough going. Lucky I'm from Tyrone so matches are few and far between.

if you think two is tough, don't have a third - a completely different story altogether!!! definitely won't be going for a fourth that's for sure lol...

Hereiam

the nappy bags are a great job. Forget about the bin (waste of money) best place for them is straight to the black bin outside.

Under Lights

Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2015, 12:27:06 PM
the nappy bags are a great job. Forget about the bin (waste of money) best place for them is straight to the black bin outside.

This.

We got a bottle maker bought for us. Some job. Saves some hassle on the whole cooling bottles etc. £79.99.

A

Hereiam

3 boys under 6 is not easy. The wife working nites means I'm looking after them this week. Would test any mans mental wellbeing lol

Under Lights

I am glad that I am pretty young doing this. Work colleague has a new born and he is 43. I don't think I would have the energy to do the sleepless nights then come into work. 

I usually do the first feed at "night"- ranging from anything between 11-1. The wife does the next one which always seems to be 4 oclock. Although the last two nights I took this one on as well. I take the child away up to the living room. Hate that whole feed in bed malarky.

Another tip I would have would be to never leave the house (for work or football) without making sure that is adequate sterlised bottles. Your other half might never say it but she will appreciate it.

When the baby is crying uncontrollably late at night- take a deep breath and remember its not the LO's fault. They are suffering more than you. Also adopt this method whenever your other half is snapping at you. Don't snap back.

Everyone so often say to your baby 'Not now BABY I'm playing with TODDLER', it will be a good reverse for the toddler as she usually hears 'not now I have to feed BABY'

Get some sort of on demand TV for late night viewing.

Doing girls hair is a disaster. Need to do the hoover trick.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 01:11:18 PM
I am glad that I am pretty young doing this. Work colleague has a new born and he is 43. I don't think I would have the energy to do the sleepless nights then come into work. 

I usually do the first feed at "night"- ranging from anything between 11-1. The wife does the next one which always seems to be 4 oclock. Although the last two nights I took this one on as well. I take the child away up to the living room. Hate that whole feed in bed malarky.

Another tip I would have would be to never leave the house (for work or football) without making sure that is adequate sterlised bottles. Your other half might never say it but she will appreciate it.

When the baby is crying uncontrollably late at night- take a deep breath and remember its not the LO's fault. They are suffering more than you. Also adopt this method whenever your other half is snapping at you. Don't snap back.

Everyone so often say to your baby 'Not now BABY I'm playing with TODDLER', it will be a good reverse for the toddler as she usually hears 'not now I have to feed BABY'

+1
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

laoislad

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 16, 2015, 01:14:56 PM

+1

I was terrified our second would be a girl for this very reason. A friend of mine told me it was a disaster alright.
Having 2 boys is easy in that regard,just a quick brush of the hair and you're away.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hereiam

The thing with boys is the fighting over everything but maybe thats the same with girls. At the minute i would have the 3 of them fighting over one toy while the room is full of toys

deiseach

I'm afraid to ask . . .

Under Lights

Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2015, 01:24:52 PM
The thing with boys is the fighting over everything but maybe thats the same with girls. At the minute i would have the 3 of them fighting over one toy while the room is full of toys

They say boys wreck your house while girls wreck your head.

My 2 yo constantly fights with her cousins (two boys) over toys.

guy crouchback

boys or girls doesn't matter. we have one of each and whatever he has she has to have it. the boy is 5 and the girl 2 and by god does she rule the roost. going from 1 to 2 is defiantly a culture shock. we are expecting the arrival of number 3 next week, everyone says it will be even more mental but i cant really see how we could be any busier then we are at the moment.

if there is one thing i absolutely f**king despise its washing and making up bottles, the missus is the same so its always left to me usually around 11.00pm at night. 

Under Lights

Quote from: guy crouchback on July 16, 2015, 01:43:23 PM

boys or girls doesn't matter. we have one of each and whatever he has she has to have it. the boy is 5 and the girl 2 and by god does she rule the roost. going from 1 to 2 is defiantly a culture shock. we are expecting the arrival of number 3 next week, everyone says it will be even more mental but i cant really see how we could be any busier then we are at the moment.

if there is one thing i absolutely f**king despise its washing and making up bottles, the missus is the same so its always left to me usually around 11.00pm at night.

Buy the bottle maker for £79.99 or get someone to get it for you as a present. Top purchase.
Tap water in (should do around 4 bottles)
Push button- steaming water comes out. Put in formula. Quick sake. Put bottle back in. Push button again. Perfect temp. Straight in the mouth. All done under 2 minutes.

deiseach

Do any of ye with at least one of each notice a different attitude in the way you and/or your partner expose them to sport? I would have thought that the only difference would be access to opportunities, but looking at how rambunctious my boy is it does make me wonder whether I  think he needs a bit of sport to take some of the fight out of him, to the extent that I would consider him literally fighting in the ring, while I would look at a girl differently. Any thoughts?