The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Quote from: Estimator on September 02, 2014, 05:21:48 PM
Regarding bottles, the thing to buy is the Tommy Tippee perfect prep machine. It freshly prepares, ready to serve bottles in under two minutes. Absolute life saver for the night feed. No waiting on boiled water cooling, no prior prep work required. We didn't have it for Child 1, but it has been great for Child 2. Takes the hassle out of bottle making plus it's idiot proof.
I'll second that! This is probably the best money I've ever spent.
The time it saves is unreal.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Estimator on September 02, 2014, 05:21:48 PM
Regarding bottles, the thing to buy is the Tommy Tippee perfect prep machine. It freshly prepares, ready to serve bottles in under two minutes. Absolute life saver for the night feed. No waiting on boiled water cooling, no prior prep work required. We didn't have it for Child 1, but it has been great for Child 2. Takes the hassle out of bottle making plus it's idiot proof.

I'll be ordering that this evening. Thanks

gawa316

No breast feeding going on here?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on September 02, 2014, 06:22:12 PM

Strange, my wife breast feed for over 6 months with both girls, I never had to get up once at night  :D  As my nipples are just for show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 06:42:22 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 02, 2014, 06:22:12 PM

Strange, my wife breast feed for over 6 months with both girls, I never had to get up once at night  :D  As my nipples are just for show

Me too! First cub was breastfeed for 18 months!, second for about 11 and our newest wee doll will more than like be around the year mark as well. First 2 wouldn't take a bottle after they got used to the tit (hey they are only human) so it meant getting away for a nights peace was a bitch. Baby 3 (touch wood) is great, can give her a bottle every now and then and she drinks it down no problems.

Ulick

My tip for making bottles is to have a stock of boiled water in the fridge then when making your bottle use half and half hot boiled water and half from the fridge. For example, if making 8oz out in the 8 scoups, pour hot boiling water in until it just covers the powder (will be about the 4oz mark) and then top up to the 8oz mark with the pre-boiled cold from the fridge. Guaranteed to be pretty much perfect temperature and no waiting around for cooling.

Under Lights

Quote from: Ulick on September 02, 2014, 09:32:57 PM
My tip for making bottles is to have a stock of boiled water in the fridge then when making your bottle use half and half hot boiled water and half from the fridge. For example, if making 8oz out in the 8 scoups, pour hot boiling water in until it just covers the powder (will be about the 4oz mark) and then top up to the 8oz mark with the pre-boiled cold from the fridge. Guaranteed to be pretty much perfect temperature and no waiting around for cooling.

This. Plus I took a flask of boiling water to the room to save boiling the kettle. Breasts for dada not baba.

laoislad

We fill a large flask with boiled water that has cooled to being warm.Then when it's bottle time there is no waiting for kettle to boil or water to cool.
The flask will hold enough for about 4 bottles.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omaghjoe

Our first is just coming up to the 4month mark now and she's a real joy.

Anyway the wife done the whole thing natural and breast feeding is the only way for us. Its the way God intended it and best for baby and Mammy. Wouldn't have the formula stuff about us, the thing is you don't know whats in it or more to the point whats not in it and neither do the scientists.

Breast milk is specifically designed for your baby's DNA at the correct stage in their development, only way to go.

Ulick

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 03, 2014, 04:40:28 AM

Anyway the wife done the whole thing natural and breast feeding is the only way for us. Its the way God intended it and best for baby and Mammy. Wouldn't have the formula stuff about us, the thing is you don't know whats in it or more to the point whats not in it and neither do the scientists.

Breast milk is specifically designed for your baby's DNA at the correct stage in their development, only way to go.

That's all very well Joe and I'd say most people feel that way but sometimes it's just not possible. For example mastitis which is reasonably common inflicts so much pain as to make it practically impossible. Then sometimes especially if you have another couple of cubs the good lady just doesn't have the time to whip it out on request if there are others constantly demanding attention. Also she may not want a big lump of a 12 month old with big knashers hanging off her nipple but same boy might still need the milk to settle. Horses for courses.

BenDover

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2014, 09:40:42 PM
We fill a large flask with boiled water that has cooled to being warm.Then when it's bottle time there is no waiting for kettle to boil or water to cool.
The flask will hold enough for about 4 bottles.

This is the way to do it, served us well. Another tip on the bottles we used the Dr Brown's less winding to be done @ 3 in the morning

laoislad

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 03, 2014, 04:40:28 AM

It might be the only way for you but for hundreds of reasons it may not be the way for everyone.
So maybe less of the preaching and big lecture to us all joe.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Under Lights

el_cuervo_fc

The wife tried it but it just wasn't working out as the child was losing too much weight  Expressing at the minute and topping up with formula and she's now thriving.

With the breast feeding we were never sure what she was getting so at least this way we can keep an eye on exactly what her intact is.  It also helps with bonding for me

AZOffaly

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2014, 09:43:41 AM
The wife tried it but it just wasn't working out as the child was losing too much weight  Expressing at the minute and topping up with formula and she's now thriving.

With the breast feeding we were never sure what she was getting so at least this way we can keep an eye on exactly what her intact is.  It also helps with bonding for me

That would be my concern too. We bottle fed both of ours, and so far they are thriving thank God. Also, it's nice for Daddy to feed as well. Something nice when they are staring up the bottle at you as you feed them.