The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 25, 2014, 12:44:05 PM
Quote from: CD on July 25, 2014, 12:38:35 PM
For those rainy summer days - a really decent price this week for Lego at ASDA. One of those toys that all kids seem to love

http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-Creative-Building-Cube---600-Piece-Brick-Box---10681/000772929,default,pd.html

Woo hoo,  everything is awesome!!!!  Kids are massive lego fans,  DC Marvel sets and Stars Wars Lego in particular

Now I just need to find my local Asda in Dublin.........

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Lego-Set-10681-Creative-Building-Cube-Includes-600-Pieces-For-Age-4-/151349145259?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item233d1caeab

Bit more expensive though.
MWWSI 2017

CD

As it's another wet morning i decided to take my girls to the cinema. The Nut Job is one of the worst kids movies I've ever seen. Wish I'd used the money to buy them a couple of Disney  DVDs  instead!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Under Lights

Quote from: CD on August 03, 2014, 12:31:25 PM
As it's another wet morning i decided to take my girls to the cinema. The Nut Job is one of the worst kids movies I've ever seen. Wish I'd used the money to buy them a couple of Disney  DVDs  instead!

Watched Wreck It Ralph over my weeks holidays. It's good. Westport lovely town and was very good for my 18 month old girl. Lots to do. Stopped in at Bundoran on way home.

Orangemac

Yeah Westport House is great spot for kids

God14

Quote from: Under Lights on July 09, 2014, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: God14 on July 09, 2014, 12:11:26 PM
Tis a good thread this. I am to become a father for the first time at the end of August, very excited but nervous too. I honestly think im dreading the childbirth more than my Wife! Anyhow i'll post / review things on here as I come across them

Childbirth was the second worst experience of my life to date but it is certainly the best end product.

My wife went 10 days over. She was very anxious, restless and most of all uncomfortable, a size 8 girl carrying a near 10 pound baby.
I took the day off that we were to get called in to be 'started', wife was experiencing a lot of pains the night before so we were expecting to go in before that.
Rang the hospital- they told us not to come in unless she was 'well gone' but they would call us back whenever they had space to start her.
We waited. Around 1pm we got that call. I answered. 'We have space available now, tell Sarah to come on in now'.
'My wife's name is XXXX not Sarah'
'Oh. I think I've the wrong number, you's are further down the list.'
A distraught woman.

We got called in a few hours later. Valentines day it was. My stomach in bits. We were brought into a private bay-same for everyone. TV on, Liverpool and Spurs were both playing in Europa league that night. Happy enough this will relax me a bit. They go through bits and pieces with wife. Examined her.  She took a bath. Very uncomfortable. She came back to the bay. They brought tea and toast. I couldn't eat.

At around 11pm we were moved to a theatre. My legs weak. Wife was in a bed and I had a soft seat by her bedside. We had decided on a epidural as pain relief as we know it was a big baby. She got the injection in her spine. She laboured. The epidural hadn't taken down one side feeling the pain. I prayed. She laboured during the night she sucked on gas and air regularly but was asleep despite getting contractions every minute where she squeezed my hand to death- she doesn't remember any of this today.
7am came. Nurse told me to go get breakfast. I went to the canteen. Got a sausage and a piece of potato bread and a lucozade. I relieved my bowels a lot in this time out.
I went back to base. Few hours later Nurse told me the child hadn't moved in 4 hours. We would have to go for a section. I made a call to the wifes mum to let her know what was happening (we would have elected a section knowing the size of a child but they were insistent in her trying). They took my wife away from me while I got ready to go into the theatre with them (robes on etc). I prayed.
The screen was up and I talked to my wife and held her hand while they pulled and dragged at her. A cry. 'It's a big girl, a big GIRL'. I was convinced boy with the size. They showed her to us before taking her away to get cleaned and wrapped in towel. Mum got a hold, then me. They then had to take mum to sewn her up.

Myself and the baby were moved to recovery where I was left alone with her. My baby. The wife joined us moments later.
I breathed for the first time in hours.

My son arrived a little earlier than expected! Mrs gave birth on Tuesday. Absolutely chuffed, and both mum & baby are doing great
Childbirth is fookin mental lads. Women are warriors. Jesus I think one wee'in might be enough. I found it hard going sitting through that.

gawa316

Quote from: God14 on August 08, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

My son arrived a little earlier than expected! Mrs gave birth on Tuesday. Absolutely chuffed, and both mum & baby are doing great
Childbirth is fookin mental lads. Women are warriors. Jesus I think one wee'in might be enough. I found it hard going sitting through that.

Congratulations, I hate childbirth and glad I will not be going through that again...3 is enough

laoislad

You'll  forget all about it and start getting broody again within 18 months I guarantee it!
Congrats by the way.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 08, 2014, 07:53:03 PM
Quote from: God14 on August 08, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

Congratulations, I hate childbirth and glad I will not be going through that again...3 is enough
It's tough on us fellas alright.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Under Lights

Quote from: laoislad on August 08, 2014, 07:53:46 PM
You'll  forget all about it and start getting broody again within 18 months I guarantee it!
Congrats by the way.

I am at the 18 month stage now and you know what....he's probably right.

Under Lights

Great news God14. Hope everyone well.

CD

Many congrats! It's not an easy few days for mums or dads! Good luck with the rest!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 08, 2014, 07:55:57 PM
It's tough on us fellas alright.

Feckin right it is LL, all 3 times the midwives have had to turn their attention to me cause I'm pure white and about to faint. Second time they had the heat thing on where the put the baby when born. It was right at the back of me neck, don't know how I didn't pass out that time!

Over the Bar

You may have already seen this but a great app/website for the 5-10 age range with games too.   Educational, fun and might just keep a few wee ones out of harm.  Even the song is addictive.  Whenever my wee lad see a kid doing something dangerous we look at each other and start singing it!

http://dumbwaystodie.com/

Under Lights

The wee doll (18 months) has become obsessed with Barney. Can say all the names. Makes a right go at the songs. Barney isn't even on TV any more. I am having to get DVDs and youtube it.

Her language has come on vastly in the last few weeks. Sleeping a lot better at night but still wakes every other night at 04.00 but goes back to sleep after about 10 mins of comforting.

Went to Funky Monkeys in Dungannon on Monday which she loved. She'll be getting a kitchen off Santa this year off the back of this (they had a kitchen in the play area and she was cooking dinner for all the other little ones).