Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: MacDanger on March 08, 2007, 11:55:20 PM
Breaking News

Mayo County Board announced this evening that in a Big Brother-esque twist to this years League, all clubs will be required to guess whether they are playing at home or away for each round. Teams who guess correctly will be awarded an immunity idol and teams who guess incorrectly will be deducted an immunity idol. Thus it will be possible for both teams to win or lose each round.

When questioned about this innovative new policy a spokesperson for the County Board had the following to say " We feel that the league as it stands is boring, nothing but games of football in the wet and muck. With this new format, we expect to attract large attendances, especially amongst the younger sectors of the community. The lack of actual football will enable players to avoid getting injuries so everybody wins."

The two teams with the least amount of immunity idols at the end of the season will go into a "Cauldron of Death" play-off involving an obstacle course which will have to be completed by the County Board representative from each club with the loser being relegated. The top four teams will be entered into a similar play-off with the ultimate winner being crowned champions.

Our source however also indicated that there may be room for a Grand Final Super Playoff between the relegated team and the Champions which would give the relagated side a chance to be crowned champions and could see the champions being relegated. Our source also hinted that there may be other twists to come in this final play-off but declined to reveal the details......

When questioned if this format would apply to the hurling league, the spokesperson refused to comment.

This kinda humour could only come froma  knockmore man!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Andrew Keane had his jaw broke over the weekend in a challenge match against tourmakeady & who apparently will be followed for the incident. Any tourmakeady lads shed any light on this?

Farrandeelin

Fixtures for this weekend

Division 1A
Kiltane v Ballinrobe 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Louisburgh   
Ballintubber v Tourmakeady 
Davitts v Bohola Moy-Davitts 
Westport v Belmullet

Division 1B
Claremorris v Ballaghadereen   
Burrishoole v Kilmeena   
Ballina Stephenites v Shrule-Glencorrib   
Castlebar Mitchels v Knockmore 
Charlestown v Breaffy 

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Today's Results

Division 1A
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  1-9 Louisburgh 0-3 
Ballintubber  0-7 Tourmakeady 0-6 
Davitts  0-7 Moy Davitts 2-12
Kiltane  0-4 Ballinrobe 0-9   

Monday's match
Westport 1-10 Belmullet 1-6

Division 1B
Claremorris  0-8 Ballaghaderreen 2-12 
Burrishoole  0-9 Kilmeena1-4   
Ballina Stephenites 0-9 Shrule Glencorrib 1-5

Monday's matches
Castlebar Mitchels 0-11 Knockmore 0-12
Charlestown 2-8 Breaffy 2-8

Farrandeelin

So remember, you heard it here first.  ;D All the first round division one results. Ballina v Shrule isn't on mayogaa.com.  :D

Farrandeelin

Tomorrow's fixtures

Division 1A
Crossmolina Deel Rovers v Ballintubber
Louisburgh v Tourmakeady
Ballinrobe v Westport
Bohola-Moy Davitts v Kiltane

Division 1B
Castlebar Mitchels v Claremorris
Knockmore v Ballaghaderreen
Breaffy v Ballina Stephenites
Kilmeena v Charlestown
Shrule-Glencorrib v Burrishoole

Mayo4Sam

Dont have the scores but Cross, Moy davitts, ballaghdereen :'( & breaffy all won

Brain ruanes wedding was on sat nite so the balina lads all had a few pints

Tubberman

These results are from Aertel so there could be mistakes!

Div 1A
Cross    0-13  0-7    B'tubber
L'burgh 0-7   1-11  Tourmak
B'robe  1-6    1-04  W'port

Div 1B
C'bar       0-15  0-08  C'morris
K'more    0-05  2-07  Ballagh
Breaffy    0-14  0-08  Ballina
K'meena  0-10  2-14  C'town
Shrule     0-09  0-11  B'shoole

Div 2A
Balla         4-11  2-06  Eastern Gaels
B'conlon   0-08  1-03  The Neale
G'more     3-17  1-04  Ballina
K'common 2-13  1-07 Carramore

Div 2B
Parke/K/C   0-10  1-10 Kilmaine
M'gownagh 0-05 1-17 Is'eady
Mayo G       2-06 1-08 Killala

Div 3A
C'bar       0-08  0-5   K'more
B'tubber  1-07  1-15  B'dereen
Lacken    0-13  1-07 Aghamore
Kilmovee  2-07  0-05 Balla
Ardnaree 1-09  2-05 Swinford

Div 3B
Cross        0-3    0-07  Achill
Bohola MD 3-11  2-07  Ballycastle
K'common 2-07  4-11  Ardagh
L'dane      0-07  0-04  Westport
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

An Gaeilgoir

A good win for us against Louisburgh, First in Senior football...i hope Aertel didint get it wrong!

Owenmoresider

Kiltimagh gave Hollymount a good beating in 2B, 10-12 points in it AFAIK.

Gaeilgoir - score is spot-on, was on Mid-West too.

StoneWall

I see all the division 1 games are down for Easter Monday. The ordinary club player will love that on a bank holiday weekend!

In fairness any division 2 games that don't involve a club with a Mayo player are down for the Sunday.

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 25, 2007, 09:11:36 PM
Brain ruanes wedding was on sat nite so the balina lads all had a few pints

Quite a few pints were had, but Paul McGarry and Liam Brady were paragons of temperance

AbbeySider

Any of you at the Ballintubber V Crossmolina game last Sunday?

A good game, it was very close up until the last 15 minutes. We missed a few vital scores and Cross punished. Gardener coming on lifted them too and they pulled away with a good victory. I dont think the scoreline reflected the game all the same. That scoreline from Aertel is wrong. I think it ended up 13 - 7.

Cross have a great attacking system going. Cross-field balls into Benson and their other full forward who somehow maneuvered acres of space. Almost impossible to defend against.

Hats off...

StoneWall

Can anyone give me directions to Ardnaree? I have to bring an underage team down there this week, I've never been there before. I assume you have to go through Ballina? We'll be travelling from the Castlebar direction.

Tubberman

Just cross over the Moy at the bridge beside the Ridgepool hotel and go straight up the hill.
It's on the left a couple of hundred metres after the top of the hill if I remember correctly. If you get to the golf course you've gone too far!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."