Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Certainly hope so - although I've only been watching from a great distance the team hasn't appeared to click at all this season. Hoping this is down to having so many of the lads off training with Mayo or else injured/ill. Any team with Clarke, 3 Bradys, Enda Dev, Harte & McGarrity along with the others ( some of whom have the experience of winning 3 County championships, two provincials and an All Ireland ) should be well able to come out of Mayo and challenge at a National level again.
That will certainly be the aim of all involved, however Garrymore will be a tough assignment as always

StoneWall

Full senior and intermediate draws from www.mayogaa.com ...surely the winners of the groups should be seeded and kept apart as a reward for winning the group. Two teams relegated from senior this year.

I'm going for an all East Mayo final, Charlestown V Ballaghaderreen (When was the last time there wasn't a North team in the final, 1994 Hollymount V Castlebar?) with Charlestown winning it. I'll go for a Davitts V Ballintubber intermediate final with Ballintubber winning.

Senior Football Championship, Quarter-Finals weekend of 26 Aug 2007
1. Crossmolina v Charlestown, Ref: TBC in TBC
2. Knockmore v Burrishoole, Ref: TBC in TBC
3. Cill tSeadhna v Ballaghaderreen, Ref: TBC in TBC
4. Ballina v Garrymore, Ref: TBC in TBC

Intermediate Football Championship, Quarter-Finals weekend of 26 Aug 2007
1. Swinford v Aghamore, Ref: TBC in TBC
2. Ballintubber v Ballyhaunis, Ref: TBC in TBC
3. Béal an Mhuirthead v Crossmolina, Ref: TBC in TBC
4. Kiltimagh v Davitts, Ref: TBC in TBC

Senior Football Championship, Semi-Finals weekend of 10 Sep 2007
Winner of 4 v Winner of 3, Ref: TBC in TBC
Winner of 1 v Winner of 2, Ref: TBC in TBC

Intermediate Football Championship, Semi-Finals weekend of 10 Sep 2007
Winner of 3 v Winner of 2, Ref: TBC in TBC
Winner of 4 v Winner of 1, Ref: TBC in TBC

Senior Football Championship, Relegation (both losers relegated to Intermediate Championship 2008) week-ending 10 Sep 2007
Bohola-Moy Davitts v Westport, Ref: TBC in TBC
Tuar Mhic Éadaigh v Claremorris, Ref: TBC in TBC

Intermediate Football Championship, Relegation Playoff, weekend of 10 Sep 2007 
1. Ballina v Mayo Gaels, Ref: TBC in TBC
2. Bonniconlon v Cill Chomáin, Ref: TBC in TBC

Senior Football Championship, Final weekend of 30 Sep 2007
Intermediate Football Championship, Final weekend of 30 Sep 2007

Intermediate Football Championship, Relegation Playoff, details to be confirmed
Loser of 1 v Loser of 2, Ref: TBC in TBC

OirthearMhaigheo

An awful lot of football to be played before there is any talk of a Ballagh-Cross final. Cross have to play one of the form teams at the moment, if they get passed Charlestown then they should make the final. Ballagh look to have the trickier side, Kiltane will be no pushover and then the reward for winning is meeting in all probability Ballina. As Stephenite pointed out they possibly have the best team in the county on paper but haven't had a full team all year. But this is what makes Mayo club football so strong, it's really hard to call at this stage and whover does win the county should represent us well in Connacht.

prewtna

itll be a busy weekend for MD this weekend. 4 matches down for decision - Junior Championship, Div 3B, Div 1A and a Centenary Cup match. 3 of them are at 12 on sunday!

fixtures is a nightmare!

also got westport in the senior championship relegatio playoff. its on september 9th.

StoneWall

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2160&Itemid=39

This wouldn't be the first time either of these clubs were in bother...

Clubs disciplined by Board after referees blow whistle

THE Mayo GAA Board took disciplinary action against both the Knockmore and Hollymount GAA clubs on Monday night after incidents that occurred in minor and senior leagues matches last weekend.

County Board Secretary Sean Feeney told The Mayo News last night (Monday) that referee Ronan Gurren had refused to officiate at a County Minor League Division 2 semi-final between Knockmore and Ballinrobe on Friday evening last in Knockmore.
"The referee was told before the throw-in that he wasn't welcome there by a member of the Knockmore club,"explained Feeney. "Ronan felt that it wasn't prudent to referee the game as it would have been hard to do so in a situation like that. This is the second incident between the same referee and Knockmore and we view this matter very seriously.

"We met tonight to discuss the issue and have taken disciplinary action against the Knockmore club," he added. "However, it would not be fair to reveal the details of the punishment until the club have been informed in writing as they have a right to appeal."
Ironically, Gurren has been appointed to referee the County U-21 A championship quarter-final between Knockmore and Ballintubber tomorrow night (Wednesday) in Parke. It remains to be seen if he will take charge of the fixture.

Meanwhile, Feeney also revealed that another referee, John S Walsh, was forced to abandon the Division Two senior league clash between Hollymount and Kilmaine on Saturday evening just minutes from the end after he allegedly received verbal abuse from a number of Hollymount players.

"Again, we discussed this issue tonight at our meeting and have taken disciplinary action against the Hollymount club," he said. "We cannot have a situation where referees are undermined or subjected to abuse and we cannot set a precedent of being lenient on offenders.

"We are not in a position to reveal the details of that punishment either until the club have been informed in writing as they have a right to appeal," he reiterated.

stephenite

The referee wasn't welcome?!
I'd love to know who it was that said it, who the f**k does he think he is?

the Deel Rover

i always felt welcome in knockmore what about you stephenite ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rosnarun

im not one for overly harsh punishments but Knockmore should be suspended from all activity untill this is sorted out. i dont think you can overestimte the seriousness of this. we all know 99.9% of refs are gobshites and are only refs due to poor eyesight but they are one of the most important parts of the assoccation and to havbe them bullied and intimidated in this way is just not on.
The offical involved should be brought before the CB and asked to explain his comments and if as is reported they were made in a bullying intimadory manner he shouold sevrve a lenghty ban. Just as any player who threathen a ref should and would.

Connor Mortimer got 3 months last year for off the cuff comments to an umpire! this is on a even more serious scale. the ref's history shoukd not even be considered . If a club are unhappy with him they should made make a seperate complaint just to show how abhorrent this is.
the hollymount situation while unpleasant is different and seems to be going through due process which is correct.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Davitt Man

Now it appears theres no league games this weekend even though they are listed on the mayogaa website, junior c\ship is on this weekend

magpie seanie

Quoteim not one for overly harsh punishments but Knockmore should be suspended from all activity untill this is sorted out

Are you serious? Some lad (note - not an official, a "a member of the Knockmore club") makes a comment to the ref and you suspend the whole club? There wouldn't be too many clubs operating if we brought that in. The ref (who sounds like a tool from his actions here) should have gone ahead with the game. Seems ludicrous to me. Why not ref the game? Cos his feelings were hurt? Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye but it seems nuts to me.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 15, 2007, 11:03:38 AM
Quoteim not one for overly harsh punishments but Knockmore should be suspended from all activity untill this is sorted out

Are you serious? Some lad (note - not an official, a "a member of the Knockmore club") makes a comment to the ref and you suspend the whole club? There wouldn't be too many clubs operating if we brought that in. The ref (who sounds like a tool from his actions here) should have gone ahead with the game. Seems ludicrous to me. Why not ref the game? Cos his feelings were hurt? Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye but it seems nuts to me.

agreed magpie seanie
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

stephenite

I agree Ros, in fact I'd go the whole hog and argue that the club should be disbanded. ;D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on August 15, 2007, 11:51:21 AM
I agree Ros, in fact I'd go the whole hog and argue that the club should be disbanded. ;D

i bet you would stephinite :D will you be getting home this year? what do you reckon of ballina's odds for the moclair 5.1 seems like a good bet to me
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 15, 2007, 11:54:57 AM

i bet you would stephinite :D will you be getting home this year? what do you reckon of ballina's odds for the moclair 5.1 seems like a good bet to me

where can you get odds for the moclair cup and maybe the all ireland club c\ship as well, i reckon if a mayo team gets out of connaught there is a good chance they could get to the all ireland final. I got ballina at 20-1 for the all ireland the year they won it when they had just won the county final

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 15, 2007, 12:24:44 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 15, 2007, 11:54:57 AM

where can you get odds for the moclair cup and maybe the all ireland club c\ship as well, i reckon if a mayo team gets out of connaught there is a good chance they could get to the all ireland final. I got ballina at 20-1 for the all ireland the year they won it when they had just won the county final

loanshark has a thread on this page Davitt Man with the odds on it
Crossmolina Deel Rovers