Started by toby47, March 14, 2019, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on August 31, 2020, 10:34:36 AM
Is Messi a greater player than Suarez?

I really think that is dubious, nevermind to go at legends who played in a different generation that was crammed with world class players.

f**k off Angelo  ;D ;D ;D

Now we know you are just taking the piss

Mikhail Prokhorov

Messi stays, the president is a goner  8)

toby47

'Messi has only won trophies in one county' soon wont be a valid argument for picking Ronaldo in this debate.

nrico2006

Add in the fact that he won a continental national trophy this summer too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mario

Quote from: toby47 on August 10, 2021, 11:24:14 AM
'Messi has only won trophies in one county' soon wont be a valid argument for picking Ronaldo in this debate.
Still valid as domestic trophy's with PSG don't really count for much.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mario on August 10, 2021, 01:55:40 PM

Really, Juventus were more dominant in their league when Ronaldo joined than PSG are in France.  Didn't Juventus win 9 in a row last year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2021, 02:07:02 PM

Really, Juventus were more dominant in their league when Ronaldo joined than PSG are in France.  Didn't Juventus win 9 in a row last year?

Correct

Mario

Serie A is still much stronger than ligue 1 and ronaldo won the Ballon d'or, CL, and multiple PL at utd.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Mario on August 10, 2021, 04:24:26 PM

Serie A is still much stronger than ligue 1 and ronaldo won the Ballon d'or, CL, and multiple PL at utd.
Obviously it isn't if a team can win 9 in a row.
Messi did all that too at a younger age.

gawa316

Who made up the 'you have to do it, it more than one league' nonsense?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: gawa316 on August 10, 2021, 06:00:36 PM
Who made up the 'you have to do it, it more than one league' nonsense?
Ronaldo fanboys.
Because they know rightly that every possible argument points to Messi being superior. So they felt the need to shoehorn in something ridiculous because Messi is (until now) a one-club player.

Boycey

What 'county' did Messi play in?

Boycey

Why do footballers not live out their dreams? Why wouldn't Messi look at it and say I want to play for Utd or Liverpool or Accrington Stanley even for 100k a week and a cut of whatever merchandise I sell, I've already more money and more trophies/awards than I can shake a stick at...

Instead it's the obvious dull soulless move to PSG, nobody ever dreamt of playing for them....

Obviously Ronaldo would/will do the same in case anyone thinks it's a pop at Messi...

JimStynes

Quote from: Boycey on August 10, 2021, 06:49:25 PM
Why do footballers not live out their dreams? Why wouldn't Messi look at it and say I want to play for Utd or Liverpool or Accrington Stanley even for 100k a week and a cut of whatever merchandise I sell, I've already more money and more trophies/awards than I can shake a stick at...

Instead it's the obvious dull soulless move to PSG, nobody ever dreamt of playing for them....

Obviously Ronaldo would/will do the same in case anyone thinks it's a pop at Messi...

I was saying this today. When does he think he's made enough money? Surely he could have played for Barca for free if he didn't want to move. Moving to PSG is literally just a money move.

Boycey

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2021, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 10, 2021, 06:49:25 PM

I was saying this today. When does he think he's made enough money? Surely he could have played for Barca for free if he didn't want to move. Moving to PSG is literally just a money move.

I don't actually think he can play for Barcelona even for free? They not allowed register anyone? Same goes for the other free transfers they've made?

The main thrust of my argument is life's short, live a little even if ur a mega rich sportsman.... Or maybe especially if it a mega rich sportsman