Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2020, 09:07:08 PM
Entirely depends on what you want to use your laptop for. Vast majority of people would have no need four 16GB now and for a few years yet.

Yeah I'd agree with this.
For the majority of home users the 4GB ram is fine.
Phones run different chips that computers so it's like comparing apples and oranges.
If you have a laptop with an AMD processor, I'd say bump up the RAM as high as you can. If you have an i5, for example, 4GB will do a lot of work for you.

If you were buying a car, you would buy what you need, not the fastest one on the road. Otherwise we'd all be in Ferrari's and 90% of the drivers would be doing 40mph. lol.

Orior

Good GAABoarders,

I want to create an automated distribution list, so that if someome sends an email to aaa@gmail.com then it will automatically get forwarded to xxx@gmail.com, yyy@outlook.com and xxx@yahoo.com.

Has anyone done this in Gmail?

Thanks
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Orior on January 23, 2021, 09:03:33 PM
Good GAABoarders,

I want to create an automated distribution list, so that if someome sends an email to aaa@gmail.com then it will automatically get forwarded to xxx@gmail.com, yyy@outlook.com and xxx@yahoo.com.

Thanks
I have done something similar with the programming language R package gmailr. Would you be familiar with programming or running code?

Orior

Quote from: CK_Redhand on January 24, 2021, 11:23:09 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 23, 2021, 09:03:33 PM
Good GAABoarders,

Thanks
I have done something similar with the programming language R package gmailr. Would you be familiar with programming or running code?

Ha ha. My programming pedigree did not extend beyond Pascal, Fortran and Cobol. So when people start talking about RESTful APIs and such I immediately glaze over and fall asleep. My preference is to configure rather than program :-/
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/

You might be out of luck if you don't like apis... bound to be something in those docs.

thebigfella

If it's a free account, just go into settings and set up a forwarding rule? Gsuite allows you to set up mailing lists etc...

All the APIs do is allow you to set up rules, changes settings which functionality is already available in the UI.

BennyCake

Do USB 2.0 and 3.0 (and higher) memory sticks all fit the same laptop port?

Solo_run

Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2021, 04:14:11 PM

Yup. Some laptops will have a specific 3.0 port that is compatible with devices that are 3.0 but you can use it for standard devices still.

BennyCake

Quote from: Solo_run on June 11, 2021, 04:24:43 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2021, 04:14:11 PM

Yup. Some laptops will have a specific 3.0 port that is compatible with devices that are 3.0 but you can use it for standard devices still.

Yeah my laptop is a few years old. But need a new memory stick. Didn't want to get a 3.0 if it wasn't going to fit

bennydorano

To sneak in here, going to invest in a new laptop primarily to run Zwift, have got my 100mbs internet and mesh network in place - what's my best buy / minimum requirements for a decent laptop. Any recommendations? Preferably don't want to go above £400. Thanks

Solo_run

Quote from: bennydorano on June 11, 2021, 05:25:26 PM
To sneak in here, going to invest in a new laptop primarily to run Zwift, have got my 100mbs internet and mesh network in place - what's my best buy / minimum requirements for a decent laptop. Any recommendations? Preferably don't want to go above £400. Thanks

Does it really need to be a laptop?

If not, I would recommend a custom PC with the requirements Zwift needs

bennydorano

I'm open to anything, any suggestions?

Solo_run

Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2021, 05:57:21 PM

Zwift doesn't need anything major, it is quite simple in terms of specs for a PC. It would depend on what else you need a PC for - gaming? browsing online etc

tbrick18

www.refreshedbyus.com and buy what ever suits your budget.
All refurbs with a 1 year warranty. I've never had any duds from them yet.

bennydorano

Quote from: Solo_run on June 14, 2021, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2021, 05:57:21 PM

Zwift doesn't need anything major, it is quite simple in terms of specs for a PC. It would depend on what else you need a PC for - gaming? browsing online etc
Nothing major, no gaming, schoolwork for kids maybe. A PC would be problematic for portability cone to think of it.

Laptop / ipad mini/ chrome book???