Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Well done Dublin. Hopefully the fcukers have lost the hunger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on September 14, 2019, 08:24:14 PM
The bitterness is dripping from this thread tonight!! Talk about pissing on someone's parade, lest a history making 5 in a row team.

What emotion would you like?

Captain Obvious

Kerry will know you won't win many if any finals scoring just 0-5 in a 2nd half. What happened to the Kerry defence for the games only goal, minds still in dressing room?

So as expected Dublin win another All Ireland the only suprise was that needed two games to beat a Kerry team in transition in the final. The Dubs will win it again next year and for as good as they are it must also be acknowledged that their direct competitors aren't as good as they should be.

tonto1888

Quote from: yellowcard on September 14, 2019, 08:24:14 PM
The bitterness is dripping from this thread tonight!! Talk about pissing on someone's parade, lest a history making 5 in a row team.

It's sad isn't it

Rudi

Well done to Dublin great team to watch. Ciaran Kilkenny had a great game.

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2019, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2019, 08:01:24 PM
Thank God for the Connacht and Ulster Championships .
At least some of us have some few weeks to look forward to on the Inter County scene.

Do you think Leitrim and Sligo look forward to the Connacht Championship? Honestly?
That's why I said "some of us" ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

currychip

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2019, 08:21:35 PM
Kerry choked the first day and we all knew they blew it.

The most relieved person this week is Cooper!

Don't think Kerry choked the first day after all it was them that were hanging on for a draw and needed hawk eye and Rock to kick that free wide to get a replay.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Quote from: MK on September 14, 2019, 08:00:59 PM
Quote from: joemamas on September 14, 2019, 07:46:33 PM
Ger Canning made me sick with his Dublin love fest.

A put shit commentator

Ger really is hard to listen to.....he was heaping praise on Kevin Mc M for a great score when it was blatantly wide

He thinks 19.30 is the afternoon

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 14, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
Kerry will know you won't win many if any finals scoring just 0-5 in a 2nd half. What happened to the Kerry defence for the games only goal, minds still in dressing room?

So as expected Dublin win another All Ireland the only suprise was that needed two games to beat a Kerry team in transition in the final. The Dubs will win it again next year and for as good as they are it must also be acknowledged that their direct competitors aren't as good as they should be.

Very difficult to pass judgement on the quality of Dublin's opponents in the last few years. They have set the bar higher than ever before and are probably the best Gaelic football team of all time. How many great football teams in GAA history would've looked shite facing this Dublin side? Quite a few I'd imagine.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

From the Bunker

Did the Kerry Boys travel up this morning?

Solo_run

As the old saying goes you can only beat what is out in front of you.

I would say the standard gets better each year but so do Dublin. You can't get caught standing still anymore

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 14, 2019, 08:18:30 PM
Congrats to the Dubs.

Hard to see where Gaelic football is going with this dominance but I am looking forward to the O'Byrne Cup and League where we can play bad football well.

And, for the record, Ger Canning is a tool.
The GAH have a problem now. They can't switch the Dubs off
and they refuse to recognise the nature of the crisis.
Anyone can make a mess. Anyone can fund one team at the expense of the rest . How to get back to equilibrium is the challenge.

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. "
Flannery O'Connor
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Solo_run on September 14, 2019, 08:39:34 PM

As the old saying goes you can only beat what is out in front of you.

I would say the standard gets better each year but so do Dublin. You can't get caught standing still anymore

From what I seen Dublin have consistently stayed around the same standard I couldn't say the same about their competitors.

Kerry themselves are probably a little shocked they reached the final yet they only beat Tyrone in the semi final who have dropped in standard from last year and not near the level of their All Ireland winning teams and Kerry topped a quarter final group with Donegal, Mayo two sides well off the standard of a few years ago.

BennyCake

The only way to catch the Dubs is to have the same money pumped into other counties... which pays for same facilities, coaches, backroom team, stats men, leading to million pound sponsorships... and train like crazy 7 days a week. But that entails players being looked after in terms of funding, rest, career, Etc.

I can't see the GAA being able to fund 31 other counties to the same level as they do Dublin. Even if they funded 5 others, that's still 26 counties at an unfair disadvantage. So, in effect, the GAA is ruined. They had to get their "strong Dublin", and the whole ethos of the organisation and the sport is obliterated.