Voting closed: November 08, 2016, 11:55:10 AM

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 07, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2016, 03:45:48 PM
Went for Trump, just for the craic

Are you an uneducated white man?

Jesus lads, Americans voted for Regan, Nixon and both Bush's ffs!! Get a grip one more clampet won't make any difference to your life!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2016, 10:39:21 PM

Jesus lads, Americans voted for Regan, Nixon and both Bush's ffs!! Get a grip one more clampet won't make any difference to your life!!!

You missed a few, the peanut farmer was gas, the current pc loving dickhead in chief is a real hoot, The man hasn't the balls he was born with.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on November 07, 2016, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 07, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2016, 06:32:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/opinion/campaign-stops/harry-belafonte-what-do-we-have-to-lose-everything.html

Great piece.

+1. When exactly was America great? Has anybody asked Trump I wonder?
1950s nostalgia. Uppity negroes knew their place. There were v few Latinos, Women had babies and stayed at home. 1953  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU

Elvis Presley started the rot.
1956 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ8GDBA8Is

After a show in La Crosse, Wisconsin, an urgent message on the letterhead of the local Catholic diocese's newspaper was sent to FBI director J. Edgar Hoover. It warned that "Presley is a definite danger to the security of the United States. ... [His] actions and motions were such as to rouse the sexual passions of teenaged youth. ... After the show, more than 1,000 teenagers tried to gang into Presley's room at the auditorium. ... Indications of the harm Presley did just in La Crosse were the two high school girls ... whose abdomen and thigh had Presley's autograph."

No wides

Congrats Trump - looks like Brexit least of our worries!

Keepthefaith93

Agreee 100%

armaghniac

it is easy to make trite comparisons. While I'm not sure I would have voted for them, Nixon and Bush Sr were competent politicians, Reagan had been Governor of California. I'd say they all had more policies than Trump.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

It's not like the president has any power. They are just puppets.

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyCake on November 09, 2016, 10:07:55 AM

President of USA doesn't have any power?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Medic

That's true!! I'd rather not have a dumbass in one of the world's most powerful offices!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2016, 10:00:46 AM

it is easy to make trite comparisons. While I'm not sure I would have voted for them, Nixon and Bush Sr were competent politicians, Reagan had been Governor of California. I'd say they all had more policies than Trump.

Nixon was kicked out ffs, as for Bush sr he used it for his own purposes...

This campaign was dirty on both sides, like Brexit, lets see what unfolds before making wild accusations as i dont see Trump carrying out half the things he said, as he'll follow suit, like the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Tubberman on November 09, 2016, 10:47:14 AM

Yes. It's all a facade. The real nutbars are behind the scenes

Kickham csc

Quote from: BennyCake on November 09, 2016, 11:17:11 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on November 09, 2016, 10:47:14 AM

Yes. It's all a facade. The real nutbars are behind the scenes

The American system is set up with check and balances in place precisely for this scenario, to ensure a President can't go nuts. Congress and the republican party will control him via the senate and congress.

The scary thing from an American point of view is the third branch of power, the legislative branch... trump will now be naming definitely one if not two / three supreme court judges, which will impact interpretations of law / the constitution. This is the big result from last night. America was on the cusp of having a liberal majority on the supreme court for the first time in 50 years, and it could have been cemented in for about 20 years.

Also, Obamacare is now gone, so Obama's legacy is shot