All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2016, 11:51:08 AM
Heard it all now, 14000 returns.

About 26,000 tickets go around the country to the non competing Counties so I'm fairly sure clubs are getting a lot more than 2 tickets each. From what I know there's a lot more Mayo people involved around the Country then Dubs and there's certainly a lot Mayo people involved in clubs around the world then Dubs, this is one reason why they might have got their hands on more tickets then the Dubs.

Some delegates have access to far too many tickets which leads to tickets been handed out the wrong type of people. I have no idea why someone thinks it fair for a delegate to have somewhere between 15-20 tickets.

Mayo club delegates to County Board receive two tickets. Same is true for principal club officers unless they take additional ticketets from the club tickets.

Keepthefaith93

I have 2 tickets for the replay on Sat but have 2 boys aged 6 and 4. Would there be any chance that the youngest would be allowed to sit on my knee?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 27, 2016, 12:33:26 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2016, 11:51:08 AM
Heard it all now, 14000 returns.

About 26,000 tickets go around the country to the non competing Counties so I'm fairly sure clubs are getting a lot more than 2 tickets each. From what I know there's a lot more Mayo people involved around the Country then Dubs and there's certainly a lot Mayo people involved in clubs around the world then Dubs, this is one reason why they might have got their hands on more tickets then the Dubs.

Some delegates have access to far too many tickets which leads to tickets been handed out the wrong type of people. I have no idea why someone thinks it fair for a delegate to have somewhere between 15-20 tickets.

Mayo club delegates to County Board receive two tickets. Same is true for principal club officers unless they take additional ticketets from the club tickets.

Apologies I was a bit unclear, I meant provincial council officers.

Hound

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 27, 2016, 12:50:07 PM
I have 2 tickets for the replay on Sat but have 2 boys aged 6 and 4. Would there be any chance that the youngest would be allowed to sit on my knee?
The official line is "Absolutely not"

Probably not tested a whole lot, given so few sell-outs and kids tickets so cheap.

I tried it and got away with it for premium seats in NFL finals a number of years ago (the year it was Armagh v Wexford in A and Monaghan v Meath in B). I'd 4 prem tickets, and there were 4 adults and 1 small child.
There was a big rigmarole before they finally relented and I was told in no uncertain terms not to try it ever again.  And I won't!

westbound

Your problem will be at the turnstile. Nobody (not even kids) is allowed in without a ticket! that's the official line (and it's fairly strictly implemented from what I can see).

IF (and I'd be amazed if you did) but IF you got the 4 year old in without a ticket you probably wouldn't get 'much' hassle from the stewards unless the lad on your lap was obstructing the view of somebody beside or behind you.

The Bearded One

Depends on the individual at the turnstile. I went through the last day and the young girl was looking at her phone, don't know if she even scanned the ticket properly. There might have been 3 of us going through and I don't think she would have passed any remarks.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Canalman

Seems even worse here for tickets in Dublin for the replay. Honestly, don't know a single person who has one yet bar the two Mayo girls in the job who have them without breaking a sweat.

rosnarun

Quote from: westbound on September 27, 2016, 02:56:55 PM

Your problem will be at the turnstile. Nobody (not even kids) is allowed in without a ticket! that's the official line (and it's fairly strictly implemented from what I can see).

IF (and I'd be amazed if you did) but IF you got the 4 year old in without a ticket you probably wouldn't get 'much' hassle from the stewards unless the lad on your lap was obstructing the view of somebody beside or behind you.

do you have a big Coat?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

westbound

Quote from: rosnarun on September 28, 2016, 10:51:07 AM
Quote from: westbound on September 27, 2016, 02:56:55 PM

do you have a big Coat?

Or a decent sized rucksack!!! ;)

The Aristocrat

Word on the street is all extra tickets from the minors went to Mayo, GAA want them to win big time.

Rossfan

I hear Mayowestros got 45,000 tickets (incl 10k Hill 16) and Dublin 17,000 (3k Hill)
The Mayowestros stand tickets cost €40 and the Dublin ones €60.
Any more urban myths? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2016, 05:09:41 PM
I hear Mayowestros got 45,000 tickets (incl 10k Hill 16) and Dublin 17,000 (3k Hill)
The Mayowestros stand tickets cost €40 and the Dublin ones €60.
Any more urban myths? :D
Lee Keegan printed 20,000 tickets while holding on to young Diarmuid for Mrs Connolly. #ThingsLeedid

Mayo4Sam

Looks a lot easier this time.
I found it funny dubs crying about mayo people only selling tickets to other mayo people. I'd sooner tear the ticket up than give it to a dub
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2016, 04:34:46 PM
Word on the street is all extra tickets from the minors went to Mayo, GAA want them to win big time.

Well suck it up - about time ye were out-numbered in Croker and got a bit of your own medicine! :P

cuconnacht

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2016, 07:28:16 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 28, 2016, 04:34:46 PM

Well suck it up - about time ye were out-numbered in Croker and got a bit of your own medicine! :P
Too true.
FTB;you stuck up a plan of CP seats somewhere,is there any for anyother worldwide stadia ?