Irish First

Started by Keepthefaith93, March 05, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: hardstation on March 05, 2015, 11:26:34 PM

George shot Lennie.

mice use google. men rely on their wits.

you pussy.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: hardstation on March 05, 2015, 11:36:32 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 05, 2015, 11:32:19 PM

George shot Lennie.

mice use google. men rely on wit.

you pussy.
Kind of wish you had a motivational poster to go with that profound quote.

Real deep.

It is payback for your extremely unfunny comments about real people in the past.dickhead.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: hardstation on March 05, 2015, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 05, 2015, 11:46:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 05, 2015, 11:36:32 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 05, 2015, 11:32:19 PM

George shot Lennie.

mice use google. men rely on wit.

you pussy.
Kind of wish you had a motivational poster to go with that profound quote.

Real deep.

It is payback for your extremely unfunny comments about real people in the past.d**khead.
Payback really is a bitch.
As a proud Antrim man are you still following the fortunes of the Tyrone club Derrytresk ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2015, 12:08:40 AM
Yes. I was in Derrytresk just over a week ago. Great people.

Are you still bad mouthing Declan O'Sullivan to get on their good side ?

charlieTully

Why is religion forced on kids at GCSE level. my son picking his now and it's mandatory?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2015, 12:15:06 AM
He's one deplorable individual. Always the victim. Yuck!

bad form  ::)

so do you still want to force Irish on unionists ? what are you going to do if they refuse to cooperate ?

armaghniac

The issue here is that for unionists and their many fellow travellers, any attempt to stop them engaging in cultural extermination is interpreted as an "attack". It is like asking a burglar to stop robbing houses and live like everyone else, and for them to claim that you were attacking their "culture".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2015, 01:09:45 AM
The issue here is that for unionists and their many fellow travellers, any attempt to stop them engaging in cultural extermination is interpreted as an "attack". It is like asking a burglar to stop robbing houses and live like everyone else, and for them to claim that you were attacking their "culture".

honestly, these days, do you really feel culturally threatened by unionists ?

Everybody knows that they are on the defensive. Why rub it in? It is just history repeating itself.

rise above it.

armaghniac

"Rise above it"

This is the kind of slippery language that implies that being Irish is a mere act of revenge on British Empire. We don't have to touch the forelock and there is no shame in being Irish in Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: charlieTully on March 06, 2015, 12:30:37 AM
Why is religion forced on kids at GCSE level. my son picking his now and it's mandatory?

Wouldn't have a problem with that if it were an actual course on world religions and the philosophies behind them. Problem with the GCSE curriculum I got pushed into doing was it was all about the taig church, and all other belief systems were either misrepresented or given lip service. I'd prefer it if RE were replaced by a broader subject called philosophy which would include some of the stuff now studied in RE, but put in a clearer context.

Eamonnca1

Sorry for derailing the thread in the last post, it's a bit tedious when every thread becomes the same old discussion about religion.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments on this thread about how Irish tends to be abused in the north. Sinn Fein seem to be hell bent on weaponizing the language, which does it a disservice and ultimately alienates the unionists even more, which is the opposite of what we should be doing if we want to bring them under the umbrella of a united Ireland. 

rrhf

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 06, 2015, 01:17:36 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2015, 01:09:45 AM

honestly, these days, do you really feel culturally threatened by unionists ?

Everybody knows that they are on the defensive. Why rub it in? It is just history repeating itself.

rise above it.
could Sheepy be right here   in his eyes is irish a firm of ethnic cleansing. Heaven forbid!

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 06, 2015, 03:15:59 AM
Sorry for derailing the thread in the last post, it's a bit tedious when every thread becomes the same old discussion about religion.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments on this thread about how Irish tends to be abused in the north. Sinn Fein seem to be hell bent on weaponizing the language, which does it a disservice and ultimately alienates the unionists even more, which is the opposite of what we should be doing if we want to bring them under the umbrella of a united Ireland.

Spot on.