Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

There needs to be better control of jihadi mosques as well. And an end to wars of choice in the Middle East . I was watching a video of Netanyahu telling a Congress committee in 02  that he would guarantee that an attack on Saddam would bring peace and prosperity to the region. All the warmongers have to be neutralised.

Keepthefaith93

Charging Tony Blair & George W. with war crimes for their illegal war would be as good a place as any to start with in sorting this mess out.

thebuzz

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 09:50:33 AM
The authorities did a fantastic job with the Euros and now this

If they had wanted to commit an atrocity during the Euros they would have done so. They just chose not to. How could the authorities stop something like this?

The Iceman

Quote from: thebuzz on July 15, 2016, 04:10:23 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 09:50:33 AM
The authorities did a fantastic job with the Euros and now this

If they had wanted to commit an atrocity during the Euros they would have done so. They just chose not to. How could the authorities stop something like this?
There's no way to combat guerilla warfare. The IRA proved that over the decades and they were a very small unit.  ISIS is a massive outfit. We're all on the losing side of a war right now....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

whiskeysteve

I don't think you can compare this to guerrilla warfare elsewhere. You could wipe ISIS off the map in the middle east and have this happen again. You are fighting deranged individuals who pick up murderous intent from YouTube etc and have no thought for self preservation at all. 'Organisations' just claim them as brethren after. There is no command structure to destroy or negotiate with. Very scary times.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

LeoMc

Quote from: screenexile on July 15, 2016, 10:18:52 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 15, 2016, 10:14:36 AM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 15, 2016, 09:50:06 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 15, 2016, 09:32:43 AM
Any actual evidence it was Islamist extremists?

What else could it have been?
An unstable individual with an axe to grind.

There have been many mass-killings around the world not related to Islamic terrorists. I'm not suggesting it isn't an Islamic attack. I was just asking if there was any official statement on it.

Hollande's statement said that "All of France is under an Islamist terrorist threat"
I think that he and we are all guilty of a poor choice of terminology here. They identify themselves as fighting for Islam. Most of thecIslamic world does not. From my limited knowledge they mainly follow the Wahhabi ideology. If they were referred to them as Wahabs or whatever it begins to differentiate them from the majority of the Muslim and perhaps stops the ghettoization of true Muslims.

Eamonnca1

You might be right, Leo. Isn't Wahabbism a Saudi export?

LeoMc

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 15, 2016, 07:08:32 PM
You might be right, Leo. Isn't Wahabbism a Saudi export?
Yep, funded to the tune of Billions but Said royal family to close to west to be called out on it.

They need to be identified and isolated, not allowed to hide behind the 1.2 billion real Muslims.
A side benefit of differentiating them is it may reduce the vilification of real Muslims which can push the more vulnerable into the arms if those who would radicalise them.

omagh_gael

What's the chances of some right wing nut, armed to the teeth, storming a mosque or some Muslim 'target' seeking retribution?

It was only a few weeks before the Euros that a French guy was detained on the Ukrainian border with an arsenal that could sustain a small army.

The Iceman

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 15, 2016, 07:23:23 PM
What's the chances of some right wing nut, armed to the teeth, storming a mosque or some Muslim 'target' seeking retribution?

It was only a few weeks before the Euros that a French guy was detained on the Ukrainian border with an arsenal that could sustain a small army.
theres some talk of it over here omagh-gael I've certainly seen comments and heard whispers of taking America back.  People mentioning post WWII tactics that were applied to the Germans and Japanese in America might work on muslims....
theres a lot of very capable, very proud, armed and angry folks out there...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on July 15, 2016, 07:30:08 PM

theres some talk of it over here omagh-gael I've certainly seen comments and heard whispers of taking America back.  People mentioning post WWII tactics that were applied to the Germans and Japanese in America might work on muslims....

The question is, are they stupid enough to murder innocent people?
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

Quote from: The Iceman on July 15, 2016, 07:30:08 PM

Just what the situation needs, a load of irate armed to the tooth Yanks

seafoid

French intelligence is byzantine

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/francois-hollande-faces-political-backlash-nice-attack
Former president Nicolas Sarkozy, leader of Les Républicains, also responded to the attacks with a call for a security crackdown. In an interview with Le Figaro in June, Sarkozy called for all jihadi prisoners to be kept in solitary confinement, the creation of a prison intelligence agency and electronic surveillance of prison cells.
He also called for any foreigner connected with terrorist activities or networks to be deported immediately, and for the establishment of de-radicalisation centres for convicted individuals. He said "prison was for the punishment for the horrors that have been committed", but added that terrorists should not be released until they have been through a programme that leads to them being certified as no longer a threat to society.

Minder

Read a bit earlier and they haven't been able to link this fella yet to any terrorist watch lists and he seems to have been a disgruntled boy, just split up with the wife etc
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"