Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Missed the game as I am over here in Texas chasing total eclipse.

Longford crowd was poor. We are losing our support. Need a grassroots campaign to get supporters back.

That said, I knew we had little hope agin Meath. But to score 3-12 on them has to worry O'Rourke. If we score 3-12 then Dubs could score 400-800 next week.

5 week break to Tailteann - could lose half the panel to God-knows-anything!

Dunneroyal

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 08, 2024, 02:45:46 PMMissed the game as I am over here in Texas chasing total eclipse.

Longford crowd was poor. We are losing our support. Need a grassroots campaign to get supporters back.

That said, I knew we had little hope agin Meath. But to score 3-12 on them has to worry O'Rourke. If we score 3-12 then Dubs could score 400-800 next week.

Meath will get murdered if that is how we play v Dublin. Colm again goin on with the Latin bs. Set a team up properly for gods sake. At this stage I'd take a 20 point loss.
Hon the royal

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 08, 2024, 02:45:46 PMMissed the game as I am over here in Texas chasing total eclipse.

You could have stayed at home....no Sun seen in Longford all day today
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Shamrock Shore

Less a tha Seafoid. That song drove me mental back in the day!

We actually got to marvel at it. Clouds fecked off on time.

Next eclipse that's handy is in Northern Spain on 12 Aug 2026. Won't miss any matches for this.

Dunneroyal

Never before has Dublin been 1/50 to beat Meath. Colm has brought us back so much he's undone the foundations set in place by Andy and would rather give quotes in Latin than actually manage a team properly, he is blessed with some of the best players Meath have produced in over a decade. And is wasting it all. If Meath co board doesn't act at end of championship then is the supporters must vote with our feet.
Hon the royal

seafoid

Quote from: Dunneroyal on April 09, 2024, 08:52:18 AMNever before has Dublin been 1/50 to beat Meath. Colm has brought us back so much he's undone the foundations set in place by Andy and would rather give quotes in Latin than actually manage a team properly, he is blessed with some of the best players Meath have produced in over a decade. And is wasting it all. If Meath co board doesn't act at end of championship then is the supporters must vote with our feet.
I don't understand why Meath bother playing Dublin in Leinster. What is the point ? It isn't  a match . It isn't sport  Why don't they invalidate the match by playing with 16 players and hand the problem over to the Leinster council ? They are in the Sam  Maguire anyway.

Blaming Meath misses the point. How can they win ? They can't . The GAA has destroyed its own competition. 

In 6N, Italy were losers for years but due to the correct structures they made progress and won 2 matches this year. Compare their trajectory to that of the football teams in Leinster. 

I couldn't find another example from elite level sport of a team winning 13 championships in a row . County championships don't count.

imtommygunn

So what are you suggesting? Should there be a leinster championship without dublin or should there be no leinster championshipt?

HiMucker

Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2024, 09:49:42 AM
Quote from: Dunneroyal on April 09, 2024, 08:52:18 AMNever before has Dublin been 1/50 to beat Meath. Colm has brought us back so much he's undone the foundations set in place by Andy and would rather give quotes in Latin than actually manage a team properly, he is blessed with some of the best players Meath have produced in over a decade. And is wasting it all. If Meath co board doesn't act at end of championship then is the supporters must vote with our feet.
I don't understand why Meath bother playing Dublin in Leinster. What is the point ? It isn't  a match . It isn't sport  Why don't they invalidate the match by playing with 16 players and hand the problem over to the Leinster council ? They are in the Sam  Maguire anyway.

Blaming Meath misses the point. How can they win ? They can't . The GAA has destroyed its own competition. 

In 6N, Italy were losers for years but due to the correct structures they made progress and won 2 matches this year. Compare their trajectory to that of the football teams in Leinster. 

I couldn't find another example from elite level sport of a team winning 13 championships in a row . County championships don't count.

Rosenborg won 13 Norwegian league tittles in a row from 1992-2004

imtommygunn

Bayern are on 11 though Harry Kane has put an end to that  ;D

Rossfan

Whatever about Dublin dominating Leinster (they are) surely a County like Meath with its tradition, population and economic advantages should at least be fielding as good or better teams than Monaghan, Ros etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2024, 10:15:15 AMWhatever about Dublin dominating Leinster (they are) surely a Cpunty like Meath with its tradition, population and economic advantages should at least be fielding as goid or better teams than Monaghan, Ros etc.

Dublins fault.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2024, 10:15:15 AMWhatever about Dublin dominating Leinster (they are) surely a Cpunty like Meath with its tradition, population and economic advantages should at least be fielding as goid or better teams than Monaghan, Ros etc.

Exactly - they have had the league and the back door and now the new championship (assuming they are in it). Kildare are like that too. The leinster championship ends with only one game a year - there's loads more games.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 09, 2024, 09:59:33 AMSo what are you suggesting? Should there be a leinster championship without dublin or should there be no leinster championshipt?

It's broken so either it's dumped or it's fixed.

Dublin is out of control . The system worked as long as Dublin was disorganised. Sports often have this problem of a big population centre or financial centre that is disproportionate to the rest.  In Rugby it's England and France. The solution is to give the 6 teams the same money allocation, not to give England and France the money raised in their countries. 

I don't know exactly how US sport works in detail but they value competition very highly and have drafts to even out teams.

Something is going to have to be done with Dublin but until people demand change nothing will change. This is about power.

"Policies in motion tend to stay in motion ; to change the trajectory of a deeply embedded set of initiatives requires the application of political forces of equal motion "
Steve Walt

full moon

Am I correct in saying Meath gave up home advantage as management want to play this game in Croke Park? I think that is not the correct move if so. Also that the game is on RTE?

The Dublin funding disparity and complete domination needs to be faced head on, unfortunately the likes of RTE, Leinster council and even Croke Park HQ are all on the Dublin train and refuse to tackle this issue head on. Not surprising when most of RTE and Croke Park HQ are involved in Dublin GAA clubs.

It's probably a wider issue in the country though, the complete domination of Dublin as the economy of the island and rest left to fend for the scraps, and being run into the ground. As the current government are finding out they looked the other way for too long.