Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: Ed Hardy on December 22, 2018, 04:02:32 PM
I thought Havern played a national league game or 2. Could be wrong tho. Any word of Laverty from Saul or Guinness from Carryduff,  are they with their universities for McKenna cup? Thought they might be in with a shout of a call up.
Laverty was a sub on the UUJ team, as well as Lorcan Harney starting for them. Guiness should be on the Queens team and would be good to see those 3 make the panel for the national league if they perform well for their Unis

snoopdog

Have kilcoos brannigans ruled themselves out of Down selection altogether?

Last Caress

Ed Hardy

Irish News says, there has been speculation that Daryl & Aaron Branagan could join the panel. Here's hoping it's true, would be a big boost consider the amount of players away or unavailable for whatever reasons.

Lotto

Quote from: Ed Hardy on December 28, 2018, 03:58:03 PM
Irish News says, there has been speculation that Daryl & Aaron Branagan could join the panel. Here's hoping it's true, would be a big boost consider the amount of players away or unavailable for whatever reasons.

Probably the same hack who had Mickey Cunningham back from the States to play and not a word of truth in it.  I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting on them to commit.

umpire

The Down's team named in today's Irish News

Rory Burns
S.Murnin, R. Wells, R. McAleenan;
R. Brady, B. McArdle, R. Johnson;
A. McClements, D. McCartney;
D. McKibbin, C. Poland, C. Francis;
J.Johnson, P. Havern, R. Mason

Subs
J. Parr,
N. Donnelly, K. McClorey, S. Annett,
C. McGrady, P. Devlin,  D. McClements
C Quinn, C. Harney, D. McCabe

Good luck to Down

Smurfy123

Lots of new faces for tomorrow. The Down social media team must be sleeping again. Not a single word of the match. If we can unearth a few from this team along with the more established players like Mooney McKernan O Hare Harrison O Hagen Donnelly Turley Reid should do ok

Mourne Rover

It is encouraging that Tally has started his term of office by naming not only his starting team but his bench 48 hours before the throw-in. Many of his predecessors delayed their selections and sent out a message of uncertainty. The line-up is experimental, as you would expect for a pre-season competition, but it is capable of giving us some decent options for the league.

downjim

Great to see former championship winner Frank Dawson back along the sideline in div 1 next year. Could he be the man to take a sleeping giant to the promised land.

Smurfy123

Where woukd frank be going to?
Pleasantly surprised by today's performance in Breffni Park. Some good performances from a lot of players and I made it 11/12 debuts handed out today along with the returning Jerome Johnstone and Pat Havern. Great to see Ryan Johnstone back on the pitch. Shooting was the problem today as like last year. The handpass rule is so bad.

KeyboardWarrior645

Dawson along with Mark Doran at the town. Another club

Last Caress

Dawson for the town.  Good luck.

downjim

Will Benny be giving Robbie Coulter a chance next week

Smurfy123

Lol clownjim
Mayobridge were the most exciting team i seen in this years championship it's a pity they don't have a keeper though.
Will Dawson bring much to the Town except for a massive wage bill. Can't wait until this years league to start with so many big names along the lines. Anyone know when the league fixtures are out?
CPN trying our best to get Ciaran McCartan back it would be some boost

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 30, 2018, 07:42:46 PM
Where woukd frank be going to?
Pleasantly surprised by today's performance in Breffni Park. Some good performances from a lot of players and I made it 11/12 debuts handed out today along with the returning Jerome Johnstone and Pat Havern. Great to see Ryan Johnstone back on the pitch. Shooting was the problem today as like last year. The handpass rule is so bad.

Just wondering smurfy if Down were as defensively set up yesterday as I have heard?