The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Heard that about Benayoun - £4.5 million, sweet jesus.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2007, 11:15:00 AM
Check out the commentry on this highlights of the '06 FA Cup Final..Brilliant ;D ;D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxnqYJYY0o

Maybe its because I watch the Fox Soccer Channel every day and I'm used to these fellas, but what's the big deal? They may have Canadian accents and dialects, but they're not that bad. If it wasn't for them, there'd be almost no soccer coverage on North America television, apart from the legendary Louth man giving us the Champions' League on ESPN2.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2007, 04:47:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2007, 11:15:00 AM
Check out the commentry on this highlights of the '06 FA Cup Final..Brilliant ;D ;D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxnqYJYY0o

Maybe its because I watch the Fox Soccer Channel every day and I'm used to these fellas, but what's the big deal? They may have Canadian accents and dialects, but they're not that bad. If it wasn't for them, there'd be almost no soccer coverage on North America television, apart from the legendary Louth man giving us the Champions' League on ESPN2.

Just some of the phrases they use i find it amusing but maybe it's just me :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

I seen a report yesterday linking Cisse with a 5million pound move to Bolton.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

brokencrossbar1

Cisse in Atletico link
By Graeme Bailey -  Created on 25 Jun 2007

Liverpool are looking to use Djibril Cisse to strike a deal with Atletico Madrid for Fernando Torres, according to sources in Spain.

The French striker spent last season on loan at Marseille and they are keen for him to return to the Stade Velodrome.

However, Liverpool have ruled out any prospect of a new loan - which could hamper Marseille's efforts.

Bolton, who could struggle to hold on to Nicolas Anelka this summer, have also been linked - but Liverpool could have other ideas as they look to bolster their own forward line.

Reports in Spain suggest Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has made contact over Torres and he is ready to offer Cisse and other players to try and land Atletico's captain.

Arsenal and Manchester United are also being tipped to mount bids for the Spanish international, but Liverpool appear to be heading the race at present.

Torres has never shirked in his commitment to the Atletico cause, but the Rojiblancos may be ready to do a deal for the 23-year-old.

The chance to sign Cisse could be tempting for Atletico, who it is claimed have also been offered the chance to sign Luis Garcia - who is on his way back from a serious knee injury.

English reports suggested Peter Crouch could be offered for Torres, but Benitez has already insisted that the England striker is in his long-term plans - unlike Cisse.

Good business if it can be done.

Fr Ted

LIVERPOOL'S hopes of securing a transfer fee for Djibril Cisse received a boost after the player's agent confirmed Bolton Wanderers have entered the race to sign the striker.

Cisse – a £14million capture from Auxerre in 2004 – is still eager to make his loan move at Marseilles permanent, with the French side having secured Champions League football for next term.

However, the flamboyant forward's chances of extending his stay at the club he supported as a boy looked to have diminished with the Ligue One outfit's reluctance to meet the pre-arranged £8m asking price.

Liverpool have told Marseilles, who received £17.5m from Bayern Munich for winger Franck Ribery, they will only accept a permanent deal for Cisse, and will not countenance a further loan.

With the two clubs unable to reach an agreement, it has opened the door for Bolton manager Sammy Lee to pounce.

"It is true that there has been some contact with Bolton," said Cisse's representative Ranko Stojic.

"I have met up with Sammy Lee on one occasion. He impressed me, not just as a coach, but as a person."

Stojic added: "He is a fantastic man. We are meeting Liverpool next week to find out what they want to do."

Bolton are also believed to favour an arrangement similar to the one which took El Hadji Diouf to the Reebok, but Benitez will now be hopeful that Bolton's interest will force the French club's hand, as he looks to bolster his summer war chest.

Marseilles remain confident of negotiating a reduced fee for the France international over the course of the next week.

"About Djibril Cisse, the negotiations should be finished early next week," said their club president Pape Diouf

"We would prefer a loan but Liverpool want a definitive transfer.

"We are in talks about a transfer fee inferior to 12million euros (£8m). I have a lot of hope."

One player Benitez looks certain to resist the temptation to cash in on, however, is keeper Scott Carson – the subject of a £3.5m bid from Aston Villa on Thursday.

The Spaniard yesterday moved to assure the England Under 21 international, who enjoyed a spell on loan at relegated Charlton, that he still has a future at Anfield.

And Benitez has now challenged the former Leeds man to fight for a first-team place with Pepe Reina.

"I was speaking to Scott recently and I told him he will be part of our first team squad next season," Benitez said.

"He must fight with Pepe Reina now for a starting place. We knew when we fought off Chelsea to sign him he was a talented goalkeeper.

"He got some good experience last season and now he is coming back to us."

Meanwhile, Liverpool have confirmed two further pre-season friendlies against Wrexham and Crewe Alexandra.

Benitez's men will travel to Wrexham's Racecourse Ground on July 7 before facing Crewe at Gresty Road on July 14. Both games kick-off at 3pm.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone else getting a bit worried about the lack of signings? It's only about seven weeks till start of new season and so far nothing in terms of World Class players
After Champions League Final i posted that i wasn't overly disapointed as i believed better times were ahead,Im starting to doubt that now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hank Everlast

Im sick of checking the papers every morning waitin to see liverpool sign a top class player as promised and all that we get is links with other players...
Torres would need to be snapped up soon before he goes elsewhere!

girt_giggler

Benitez's market, in general, is the Spanish leagues. They have only just finished their season, so with players obviously away on holiday for a week or 2 its obvious it may take a little while longer than maybe expected.

Patience is all that is required

Hank Everlast

Mack the finger

From the beeb:

Liverpool's hopes of landing top target Fernando Torres hang in the balance as talks continue with Atletico Madrid over the £27m-rated striker.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo says Liverpool have not tabled a bid for the 23-year-old Spain striker.

But BBC Sport understands discussions between the clubs are ongoing and have now reached a crucial stage.

Atletico are reluctant to sell, but Torres is believed to be keen to link up with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Liverpool are reluctant to pay the £27m release clause in Torres' contract, and Benitez does not want to part with midfield man Luis Garcia, who is reported to be interesting Atletico.

Benitez wants to land Torres to provide a spearhead for an assault on the title - and also allow new owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to demonstrate their own financial commitment to his plans.

Torres has been consistently linked with a move to England, particularly with Arsenal and Chelsea, but Liverpool are now at the head of the queue.

If he signs, he will join fellow countrymen Garcia, Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso, as well as boss Benitez.

Atletico had earlier played down Liverpool's interest, with president Cerezo saying: "We've had no offer from Liverpool for Torres. He's on his holiday and resting.

"I repeat that there has been nothing about Torres from any team. We're now working to create a good team for the coming year."

Torres, 23, scored 14 league goals in 36 starts this season as Atletico finished seventh in La Liga.

The Spanish international's Atletico contract runs until 2009.

Torres came up though the youth ranks at Atletico and has been their leading scorer in each of the last five seasons.

corn02

Juts heard a rumour that we have signed him for £25 million, but he is entitled to 10% of a transfer fee and the two clubs are haggling over who should pay it.

Rumour as I say.

AZOffaly

Can't believe Rafa is haggling of Garcia going the other way. In all fairness if they take Garcia we should owe them *more* cash.

stiffler

Without Garcia, Liverpool would not have won the champions league in 2005, hes a player who can spark a bit of magic from midfield,and can also play behind the main striker. I can see why Benitez wants to keep hold of him.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

Garcia gives the ball to the opposition more often than he does to a team mate. I will not argue that he scored a few vital goals in the Champions league, but Liverpool are trying to win the Premiership and he has been worse than poor in that competition. If he is a regular on the team , Liverpool will never win the Premiership.