Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Just seen this on Twitter

QuoteRuud Gullit co-commentating on Arsenal vs Chelsea game for Bein Sports just said that he's heard that Van Gaal will resign in next 24 hours

Maroon Manc

Appalling yesterday, didn't even come close to creating a chance. He lost me after the Bournemouth game and ever since then the results have been woeful. At least earlier on in the season we were still creating chances and keeping clean sheets and had 27 points from our first 13 games but we've only 10 points from our last 10 games, thats easily the worst run I can remember. We should be in the title race, even City & Arsenal are averaging less than 2 points per game.

He should be sacked but but really haven't a clue what will happen, won't be surprised if they waited until we couldn't qualify for the CL although another home performance like that in the next few home and he'd have to go as the majority of match going fans have turned on him. Then there's the Cup match against Derby on Friday night, LVG will get plenty of abuse if we were to go out given we'll have 6,000 at it.

laoislad

Quote from: Bensars on January 24, 2016, 06:54:24 PM

QuoteRuud Gullit co-commentating on Arsenal vs Chelsea game for Bein Sports just said that he's heard that Van Gaal will resign in next 24 hours
Ah no please stay LVG....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2016, 07:33:52 PM

Ah no please stay LVG....

Moyes in

Cunny Funt

When he wanted to resign some weeks ago he wasn't allowed. It now sounds like no one will stand in his way this time.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 24, 2016, 07:51:26 PM

When he wanted to resign some weeks ago he wasn't allowed. It now sounds like no one will stand in his way this time.

I'd say he was hoping to be sacked before the fans turned against him. Getting sacked is worth a lot of money. He has 16 months left on his contract and that is worth a lot of money. On the other hand he'd leave with nothing if he resigned. I'd say Derby on Friday will have a big bearing!

Boycey

Gullitt is about as much in the know as I am... But ultimately LVG is a dead man walking it seems to be a matter of when and how rather than if he's gonna go. The big problem is what happens then? Pep seems to be promised to another, there is significant opposition to Jose within the hierarchy at OT so do they take another huge punt on Giggs?? If not who else?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Boycey on January 24, 2016, 09:23:28 PM
Gullitt is about as much in the know as I am... But ultimately LVG is a dead man walking it seems to be a matter of when and how rather than if he's gonna go. The big problem is what happens then? Pep seems to be promised to another, there is significant opposition to Jose within the hierarchy at OT so do they take another huge punt on Giggs?? If not who else?

Why Giggs? What's the attraction to him as a manager? I mean what's the source of optimism? In the end I suppose the best solution is to look inwards. As nobody knows the club better than former players. But who does that anymore? 

rodney trotter

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2016, 09:39:26 PM

Why Giggs? What's the attraction to him as a manager? I mean what's the source of optimism? In the end I suppose the best solution is to look inwards. As nobody knows the club better than former players. But who does that anymore?

Real Madrid, since Zidane is now the manager.

Minder

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2016, 09:44:26 PM

I don't think you want to be following the Madrid template
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 24, 2016, 09:44:26 PM

And Pep!

Maroon Manc

For some ridiculous reasons fans are obsessed with having a manager who has some sort of affiliation with their club, considering our best 2 managers are Sir Matt who played for Liverpool & City and Fergie who made his name at Rangers; I find the whole idea of Giggs even been mentioned as comical. Giggs needs to leave OT and make his name elsewhere.

Megaman

ill be very surprised if LVG is still manager by the end of the week.

From what ive read the only thing keeping him as manager is the incompetent board who cant decide who the next manager should be.

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on January 25, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

From what ive read the only thing keeping him as manager is the incompetent board who cant decide who the next manager should be.

Dont think much blame can be laid at the Board for this one, the cry after Moyes from the fans was for an experienced European manager and with his CV LVG was among the top candidates available at that time.

Also the club obviously dont want to get into a cycle of investment and then change when it isnt working, everyone knows that LVG is a sitting duck now and if he doesnt go before the end of the season he will go in the summer. But who is out there to realistically replace him and guarantee the type of football that the fans are demanding?

Pep looks like a done deal to City.
Maureen plays the same type of negative stuff as LVG

After those two isn't everyone a gamble in some respect or another?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on January 25, 2016, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Megaman on January 25, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

Dont think much blame can be laid at the Board for this one, the cry after Moyes from the fans was for an experienced European manager and with his CV LVG was among the top candidates available at that time.

Also the club obviously dont want to get into a cycle of investment and then change when it isnt working, everyone knows that LVG is a sitting duck now and if he doesnt go before the end of the season he will go in the summer. But who is out there to realistically replace him and guarantee the type of football that the fans are demanding?

Pep looks like a done deal to City.
Maureen plays the same type of negative stuff as LVG

After those two isn't everyone a gamble in some respect or another?

A big problem is Woodward knows nothing about football but the Glazers according to reports hang on his every word and as LVG is Woodwards choice he's reluctant to sack him because he might lose some of his credibility with the Glazers. The owners aren't bothered what style of football we play, that won't be the reason Mourinho won't get the job. Mourinho's teams are not as bad to watch as what we've had to put up with the last 18 months.

LVG was only going to be here for 3 years so the board should surely have been planning his replacement, it looks like Pep was never under serious consideration otherwise they'd have moved on him along time ago because they were well aware City have been in talks for years with his representatives.

My first choice was always Klopp, I wonder will he live to regret taking the Liverpool job;  Given the squad he's inherited and he doesn't have the same resources he'd have have at United to get it right. If Klopp was still out of a job I'd have expected United to offer him the job.