Most original Irish Bar Names

Started by Fishbat, September 25, 2007, 05:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishbat

Any good ones out there? (not made up)

Personally reckon "The Dogs Bollix" complete with various sets of dogs gonads (plastic) on the wall is, er, the dogs bollix.

"Muddy Farmer"

"Bog" (with resident 2 man traditional band "Dodgy and the Bastard" ....did'nt seem fair to ask which one was the bastard)

"Father Teds"

Bod Mor

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

parttimeexile

There is one in Gran Canaria called The Randy Leprechaun.Absolute shithole but funny name.

ludermor

5 Sams

Quote from: parttimeexile on September 25, 2007, 08:32:35 AM
There is one in Gran Canaria called The Randy Leprechaun.Absolute shithole but funny name.

There's one in Annascaul as well...hard to miss going through the village.

The Aristocrat Years

his holiness nb

"Stoop your Head" in Skerries is a good one, I found out why its named so the hard way!  :-[
Ask me holy bollix

stiffler

The Derryhirk inn in antrim was formerly known as the I Go Inn.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

downredblack

Quote from: his holiness nb on September 25, 2007, 09:22:24 AM
"Stoop your Head" in Skerries is a good one, I found out why its named so the hard way!  :-[

You'll get a quare feed of Crab in there.

hmmm

Filthy McNasty's in London is a good one

IolarCoisCuain

I used to like "The Dew Drop Inn" in Galway, both as a name and as a watering hole. Think it's fallen to progress since though. :(

small white mayoman

there is a bar in inisowhen in Donegal thats called " the rusty nail" allways thought it was a good name and they serve a great pint of plain
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

AZOffaly

The Camán Inn  in Cloghan, Co. Offaly is a clever name I think, and also the Pull Inn in Pullough, Co. Offaly as well, bandit country out there though :D

downredblack

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 25, 2007, 11:46:07 AM
The Camán Inn  in Cloghan, Co. Offaly is a clever name I think, and also the Pull Inn in Pullough, Co. Offaly as well, bandit country out there though :D

I was in a pub in Ferbane I think it was , the seats were ripped out of an aul mini bus ,  it had Harp calendars circa 1977 still on the walls , the barman was about 90 and he wiped the overflow of stout off the glasses with the dirtiest rag you ever seen . Jaysus the pints were lovely .

AZOffaly

When was that downredandblack? I'd say that was a good while ago, or else it wasn't Ferbane. (I'm from Ferbane). 

downredblack

I'd say it was in and around 15yrs ago , I'll not tell ya what I was at down there .