TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Corofin have nearly been caught several times in Galway over the last few years, but I'd say their motivation is lacking this year with no All-Ireland

They are six points down and it's into injury time, they're surely beaten

Blowitupref

Galway semi final result. Mountbellew/Moylough 2-13 Corofin 0-12. Corofin first county club defeat for 8 years.   Famous victory for Mountbellew/Moylough who was 6/1 to win that game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on September 27, 2020, 05:47:14 PM
Corofin have nearly been caught several times in Galway over the last few years, but I'd say their motivation is lacking this year with no All-Ireland

They've been the best about for a long time now...

Worrying about an All Ireland isn't on teams minds while still trying to win your county title.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think that's the first time I have ever seen md Macauley kick the ball.

Some hammering  for a fI also and ballyboden would beat most teams about.

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2020, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 27, 2020, 05:47:14 PM

They've been the best about for a long time now...

Worrying about an All Ireland isn't on teams minds while still trying to win your county title.
Corofin's currency is All-Irelands, not county titles, it's like Kerry winning Munster, Dublin winning Leinster or PSG winning the French league

Different story for other teams

Especially Ballymun because Dublin is always a hard title to win

But Ballymun will also have a lingering sense of unfulfilment from this title because there's no All-Ireland - and on that form they would have been very strong favourites to win it out

Milltown Row2

So if there's no All Ireland in your head then your county title is your all Ireland surely?

That's one of the biggest shocks, by your reckoning Ballyhale should have just rolled over today, as their current currency is All Ireland's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2020, 06:03:06 PM
So if there's no All Ireland in your head then your county title is your all Ireland surely?

That's one of the biggest shocks, by your reckoning Ballyhale should have just rolled over today, as their current currency is All Ireland's
I doubt Corofin will lose that much sleep over it to be honest

If the only prize you really want is not on offer, it must be a bit of an appetite killer

If there was an All-Ireland after this I very much doubt they'd have been beaten today

Whereas for Mountbellew to beat Corofin is an end in itself, a bit like that team who beat Crossmaglen a few years ago, Cullyhanna I think

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2020, 06:03:06 PM

Ballyhale were excellent today. Eoin Reid hurling very well at centre half-back. They have some talent coming through.  When you think they've lost Mick Fennelly and Adrian Mullan, yet, after a slow start, they've routed Dicksboro.

Like everyone saying, it's a great pity there's no provincial competition.

Milltown Row2

Colin fennelly is just the worst fullforward you'd ever want to meet, wins ball and just wants to turn and go towards goal!

But had they lost today they wouldn't have lost any sleep over it  ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2020, 06:48:02 PM
Colin fennelly is just the worst fullforward you'd ever want to meet, wins ball and just wants to turn and go towards goal!

I highly doubt they would have

There are plenty of defending All-Ireland inter-county champions who haven't looked that bothered after losing their title

A facile win in a county final with that being the end of the road for the year is hardly going to down as one of the more memorable wins in Ballyhale's history

Reminds me a bit of Kilkenny teams picking up facile Leinster titles in empty stadiums with their supporters already gone home to beat the traffic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on September 27, 2020, 06:52:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2020, 06:48:02 PM

I highly doubt they would have

There are plenty of defending All-Ireland inter-county champions who haven't looked that bothered after losing their title

A facile win in a county final with that being the end of the road for the year is hardly going to down as one of the more memorable wins in Ballyhale's history

Won any county titles yourself? And said to yourself, feck that I'm waiting on Croke Park!

GalwayBayBoy

Corofin just didn't have it today. They were actually well beaten in the end even though you always think they will come back from any situation. You couldn't say it was coming either as they were hammering everyone this year up to today. Even in the first half they looked comfortable enough without pulling up any trees.

Makes for a novel final anyway. Mountbellew haven't won it since 86 and Moycullen have never won it.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 27, 2020, 07:29:32 PM
Corofin just didn't have it today. They were actually well beaten in the end even though you always think they will come back from any situation. You couldn't say it was coming either as they were hammering everyone this year up to today. Even in the first half they looked comfortable enough without pulling up any trees.

Makes for a novel final anyway. Mountbellew haven't won it since 86 and Moycullen have never won it.
No disrespect to Corofin but that type of stat is good for Galway club football.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

FermGael

Massive shock in the Fermanagh SFC final.
Ederney bridged a gap of over 50 years to win.

Beat Derrygonnelly on a score line of 2-8 to 1-6.
39 year old Marty McGrath was man of the match

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on September 27, 2020, 08:38:41 PM
Massive shock in the Fermanagh SFC final.
Ederney bridged a gap of over 50 years to win.

Beat Derrygonnelly on a score line of 2-8 to 1-6.
39 year old Marty McGrath was man of the match

That's a shock, great to see Marty McGrath still bursting up and down the pitch!