FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Boycey on December 01, 2018, 09:53:15 PM
Just saw on the news that the eagerly awaited Euro20 draw is on tomorrow. That eagerly awaited I didn't even know it was on  :)

The 4 and 5-star hotels doing a roaring trade tonight.

Baile Brigín 2

Just saw on the news that the eagerly awaited Euro20 draw is on tomorrow. That eagerly awaited I didn't even know it was on  :)
Hard to miss if you were in Dublin

Itchy

Now that was funny, drawn to group of death with Netherlands and Germany but dodge a bullet as 3 host can't be in same group. Then poor old north get into group of death!

Itchy

Ireland, Switzerland, Denmark, Georgia, Gibraltar

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Itchy on December 02, 2018, 11:36:55 AM
Now that was funny, drawn to group of death with Netherlands and Germany but dodge a bullet as 3 host can't be in same group. Then poor old north get into group of death!
Im actually crying with laughter here. The face on O'Neill.

Boycey

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 02, 2018, 11:35:15 AM

Right enough the country starts and ends in Dublin.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Boycey on December 02, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 02, 2018, 11:35:15 AM

Right enough the country starts and ends in Dublin.
It does, but its not exactly been hidden.

From the Bunker

Not as good a draw as it looks. We are going to struggle with any international setup at the moment. But still better than Group C. Was hoping we'd get into a 6 team group. We need extra competitive games against bottom of the barrel teams to help improve confidence in winning games and they are the easier games to properly cap players with mixed international options.

seafoid

This discussion should be in the Meath folder really

« speaking later to RTÉ Sport, Denmark assistant manager Jon Dahl Tomasson says Ireland will have "a  spirit" under McCarthy but noted that "at the end of the day it's the same players who will be playing." »

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

We had the rub of the green in that draw. The north must be sick.

Cunny Funt

A play off for 3rd in the group? as i would expect Switzerland, Denmark to finish ahead of Ireland in the group.

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2018, 05:29:05 PM
A play off for 3rd in the group? as i would expect Switzerland, Denmark to finish ahead of Ireland in the group.

Denmark are no big shakes. Three 0-0 results this last year, two when Ireland were playing absolute dung. Ireland should be aiming for that 2nd spot.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on December 02, 2018, 05:36:12 PM

Denmark are no big shakes. Three 0-0 results this last year, two when Ireland were playing absolute dung. Ireland should be aiming for that 2nd spot.

This Irish side are dung and i don't see that changing much under McCarthy

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2018, 05:39:11 PM

Yeah but what does three nil-nils say about Denmark?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 02, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2018, 05:39:11 PM

Yeah but what does three nil-nils say about Denmark?
That even at our lowest ebb we were hard to beat.