Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:03:58 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on December 21, 2016, 06:36:15 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 21, 2016, 05:48:52 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on December 21, 2016, 04:29:11 PM
Comedy gold from Joe

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-dictator-jim-mcguinness-is-one-to-talk-about-respect-31266683.html

Spot on though. Call it as it is.

The stuff about free speech is just ludicrous when he's sending off solicitors' letters - Free speech as a concept is all about letting people say whatever they what no matter how offensive/wrong you find it.

"I disprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

There you go.

One standard for Joe, one for everyone else.

Not quite - there's quite a difference between free speech and broadcasting utter lies which I'm guessing is the reason the independent and conlon made the apology.

Good man Joe.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

I don't understand the Sindo sometimes. Some of their stuff has a kernel of a good point at the middle of it, but by the time you've gotten even halfway through the article you've had to sit through so much personalized abuse and insults that you can barely stomach getting to the end. Like yer man calling the national flag a "rag" and his own national anthem a "dirge" before he even completed the first paragraph. It's like they're not interested in persuading anyone to adopt their point of view. They'd rather insult everyone who might disagree with them and butter up their existing self-loathing anti-Irish Irish readership. Bizarre.

tonto1888

Quote from: you take er! on December 22, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 21, 2016, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: you take er! on December 21, 2016, 04:19:21 PM

PS I find your profile name as interesting as the club you include in that profile and perhaps explains the stance you are taking here - just a thought

Got the Rangers bit right ;)

His profile name is that of a Loyalist terror group & the club he names inthat profile does not exist. Less a Gael, more of a troll I fear. Explains a lot

He is a WUM. If anyone thinks otherwise they need their head checked

muppet

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 23, 2016, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: you take er! on December 22, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 21, 2016, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: you take er! on December 21, 2016, 04:19:21 PM

PS I find your profile name as interesting as the club you include in that profile and perhaps explains the stance you are taking here - just a thought

Got the Rangers bit right ;)

His profile name is that of a Loyalist terror group & the club he names inthat profile does not exist. Less a Gael, more of a troll I fear. Explains a lot

He is a WUM. If anyone thinks otherwise they need their head checked

I wouldn't overestimate him.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

tyroneman

Joe giving Enda another shoeing in the paper.......

Sandy Hill

Quote from: tyroneman on January 02, 2017, 11:30:03 AM
Joe giving Enda another shoeing in the paper.......

Is there a history between these two?
"Stercus accidit"

Jinxy

Would McNulty have marked Brolly at any stage?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DuffleKing

If Joe had any self awareness in the space his ego occupies he should be embarrassed by this carry on.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jinxy on January 02, 2017, 04:37:27 PM
Would McNulty have marked Brolly at any stage?

I would say late 90s there would have been a good chance. Brolly definitely played 98 and mcnulty would have been there or thereabouts then.

JimStynes

Had Joe criticised the CPA yet? Surely he will find something wrong.

5 Sams

Quote from: JimStynes on January 11, 2017, 10:10:42 PM
Had Joe criticised the CPA yet? Surely he will find something wrong.

Quite the opposite..

Joe Brolly ‏@JoeBrolly1993  Jan 9
Joe Brolly Retweeted Jerome Quinn
This is something we all need to support.Joe Brolly added,

Jerome Quinn @JeromeQuinn
Video: Leading #GAA figures speak at today's historic Club Players Association launch in Dublin https://youtu.be/J4Yvfwp5x0c  #FixtheFixtures
The Aristocrat Years

DuffleKing

Endorsed the GPA at the start too

screenexile

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 12, 2017, 01:02:30 PM

Endorsed the GPA at the start too

I think most agreed that GPA was a good idea at the time when it was about getting fair mileage and decent gear and sustenance for County Players but it's turned into a behemoth!!!

€6.2m a year?? That's obscene, especially when we can't see what they're paying their support staff and what exactly this money is going on!

Also the player injury scheme across the board is getting out of hand and I'm sure €6.2m a year would go a long way to helping the smaller clubs out who have suffered a few cruciates in the last few years!

bennydorano

Would their accounts not be publicly accessible?

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on January 13, 2017, 09:26:54 AM
Would their accounts not be publicly accessible?

I was told their accounts are included in the overall GAA accounts and that it is very generic and doesn't go into much detail at all!