Ulster Final Donegal V Monaghan

Started by J70, June 30, 2013, 05:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

MOR seems to follow the pattern and names a team but changes it before the day itself.

I hope this isn't the case, particularly for Malone who was named the first day, spent the best part of the week getting patted on the back after his injuries this year and then learned on Friday that not only was he not starting, but he wasn't getting togged out either. He'd be a worth a place V Donegal, an all action player, can win ball and play ball, has eye for a score and is a cocky type of player that wouldn't be phased by much or who he was playing.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Bingo on July 18, 2013, 12:16:28 PM
MOR seems to follow the pattern and names a team but changes it before the day itself.

I hope this isn't the case, particularly for Malone who was named the first day, spent the best part of the week getting patted on the back after his injuries this year and then learned on Friday that not only was he not starting, but he wasn't getting togged out either. He'd be a worth a place V Donegal, an all action player, can win ball and play ball, has eye for a score and is a cocky type of player that wouldn't be phased by much or who he was playing.

Yeah, on reflection there may be a few fakes in there, but as you say I hope Malone isn't one of them.

Maguire01

I'd be happy enough with that team. Good to see Gollogly in from the start - his work often goes unnoticed. Being able to call Freeman, Doogan and Clerkin from the bench is a nice position to be in too.

RMDrive

I presume we'll be ...

Durkan
McGrath, N McGee, E McGee
Declan Walsh, McGlynn, Thompson
Kavanagh, Bradley
McHugh, McLoone, David Walsh
McFadden, Murphy, McBrearty

Lacey to come on after 45 minutes to steady the ship.

RMDrive

Quote from: RMDrive on July 18, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
I presume we'll be ...

Durkan
Kavanagh, Bradley

Lacey named to start  :D
Durcan;
McGrath, N McGee, E McGee;
Thompson, Lacey, McGlynn;
Kavanagh, Bradley;
McHugh, McLoone, David Walsh;
McBrearty, Murphy, McFadden.
McLoone, David Walsh; McBrearty, Murphy, McFadden.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: RMDrive on July 18, 2013, 10:08:37 PM
I presume we'll be ...

Durkan
Kavanagh, Bradley

Durcan;
Kavanagh, Bradley;

McGuinness's next tactical masterplan is to start with 20 players!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RMDrive

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 18, 2013, 10:15:01 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on July 18, 2013, 10:08:37 PM
I presume we'll be ...

Durkan
Kavanagh, Bradley

Durcan;
Kavanagh, Bradley;

McGuinness's next tactical masterplan is to start with 20 players!

He's going to kill me when he finds out that I let the cat out of the bag  :-[

GrandMasterFlash

Donegal unanimous on Championship Matters, if that matters?

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: timmyot501 on July 18, 2013, 11:12:25 AM
I think McAdam has had his moments this year.  Was doing ok against antrim until the second yellow and played some good league games at different times. Wasn't his bext day against cavan but he wasn't alone.  I would switch him and darren hughes if Dick is defo out.

This is the thing though.. Giving whats waiting for us on Sunday, what sort of preparation was the league?.. Very little id say.. (Bar the Cavan and Fermanagh game maybe, which were a shambles and a good battle respectively!) anyone of a number of players could have played CHB for the remainder of the league and got by looking decent.. Id huge weight on performances in the Antrim and Cavan Ulster games due to the defensive nature of them.. Antrim were like a Junior clubs effort at "the system", Cavan an intermediate, and now its the designers turn themselves.. He had 2 or 3 touches of the ball in 60 odd minutes and the only one of note was running blindly into bodies and getting turned over..  Not good enough.. I was reading your man emmet ryans tactical piece after the game. (btw Emmett, I don't know how from an analyst point of view, it was sad to see Cavan lose. Surely Conors point taking was much more joyful than watching an average defensive system?). Anyway, he was showing where Cavan were getting their early scores from and he highlighted the open spaces at the edge of our D. Well I know who id be looking to sort that out, and it didn't happen!.. There's no room for shirking on Sunday and I hope strong words have been said and action will be taken quickly if the fight isn't there..

The game.. Nervous as be-damned about it!!.. Glad to see Malone in with Jinxy, 2 fellas with the right attitude. Id try and get Doogan in there too.. Cant argue with Chris getting the nod but I don't think it will take much heat off Conor.. I heard that Donegal have had 5 wides in 2 games, I think were at about 27 maybe?.. Scary thought.. Everything we hit has to go over, and giving away silly frees isn't an option..

Anyway, all the best lads, I hope to God yoseu get the provincial medal that some of you have spent a lifetime fighting for and we've spent 25 years waiting on!!.. UPMONAGHANSAYSWE!!!

(Watching that video of Rory reminded me of his glory days.. MoM display against Kerry in 07 and in Ballybofey in 08.. Id love to have him in our corner on Sunday!.. )

cluaineois

Our local Gaelscoil will be operating a car park on the roslea road beside the pitch. It is about 100 meters from the entrance to the pitch and will be supervised all day. We have a donegal priomhoide so it is probably a neutral venue.
once your a clone your never alone

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: cluaineois on July 20, 2013, 02:42:38 PM
Our local Gaelscoil will be operating a car park on the roslea road beside the pitch. It is about 100 meters from the entrance to the pitch and will be supervised all day. We have a donegal priomhoide so it is probably a neutral venue.

Who will occupy the Cavan carpark?  ;)

Wildweasel74

cant believe we are only on 7 pages here, shows likely the amount of tyrone and armagh posters on the site, one of them teams in the final and we be about pg25 by now. Expect Donegal to do their first 3 in a  row, but tonights games show you can take no-one for granted, rugged game but the majority of better players are in the Donegal team, Unless Paul Finaly and a few others have monster games its hard to see any other outcome

lawnseed

i'm sticking with monaghan for this one. they have a good manager for a change. a lot of good footballers. theyre a wee bit rumbly as a team but if or when they click they'll blitz Donegal. I thought Donegal looked a little jaded in their last couple of games imo. it will be a 'real meat grinder' from the word go. clerkin to get the line after 10mins on the pitch if hes lucky
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Wildweasel74

Shamrock Shore