Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:36:42 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:25:18 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:17:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:13:02 PM
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

Play the ball not the man

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

You know what outrages all free staters? Tell me have I selective outrage too. Curious as to your assessment of this free stater.

I find it odd that a SF MLA making a crass social media post about the Kingsmill massacre, intended or unintended, is something that draws more outrage from the Free Staters than the injustices that have the fingerpints of the Free State establishement parties all over them of late. These are also topical issues such as the Mary Boyle case and the Stardust families. Yet none of those posters could muster any disgust about the role of the parties in that thread.

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:40:18 PM
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

You know what outrages all free staters? Tell me have I selective outrage too. Curious as to your assessment of this free stater.

I find it odd that a SF MLA making a crass social media post about the Kingsmill massacre, intended or unintended, is something that draws more outrage from the Free Staters than the injustices that have the fingerpints of the Free State establishement parties all over them of late. These are also topical issues such as the Mary Boyle case and the Stardust families. Yet none of those posters could muster any disgust about the role of the parties in that thread.

None of them? Are you sure about that or is it that just another wild generalisation?

phpearse

I have been buying Kingsmills 50/50 bread for years now and only when this faux outrage happened did I put the connection together. In fact, it is the only bread we have in the house. Take a quick look through his Facebook posts and there is a recent photo of him with a bottle of water on his head saying he can't find his water and he spent the past year posting photos of himself calling into various shops around the country looking for 99 ice creams and sprinkles! The only intention here was to post another silly photo of himself with something on his head in another shop in some part of the country. If he had posted a photo with a packet of Jaffa cakes on his head, the DUP/unionists would have taken offence. For some reason his posts that stuff in between travelling to Westminster, Brussels and Dublin.

At least wee Duff will have something else to talk now about rather than the goal he scored against Auger in the Championship in Beragh all those years ago.

currychip

McElduff is a disgrace.  He knew exactly what he was doing.  But you still deflect.

quote author=Il Bomber Destro link=topic=15128.msg1766830#msg1766830 date=1515364818]

[/quote]

Snapchap

Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Except that he DOES have a track record of posting pictures of his shopping on his head.

What he does NOT have a track record in is mocking victims.

As someone who knows the man, I can assure you he would not have it in him to have done it deliberately. It was just another example of him making stupid f@$king videos thinking he is funny. I know him to be a good and decent man and I am a SF supporter but I do have to say that I believe his constant photos/videos of him putting things on his head and his COUNTLESS stupid f&@king videos about ice cream sprinkles make him hard to take seriously as an elected representative.

So to sum up: Was his video a deliberate attempt to offend victims? Not even a remote possibility.

Was the video another unfortunately timed episode of him acting like a child instead of a politician to be taken seriously? Yep.

Dougal Maguire

Again good points. I wasn't aware that he had a habit of dong this. I did see a thing about him having to sneak past the DUP offices in Stormont to get to the sweets machine but I didn't know about the other stuff. In that case I would be inclined to agree that this was not directed at the Kingsmill atrocity
Careful now

Wildweasel74

Free State? who the f**k keeps calling it that, never when am out to i ever heard that word, but for some reason its used on here on a regular basis to rattle someone from down south, maybe these people are older than me but i never heard that term since the late `80s, i have no problem, calling up here the North or Northern Ireland, and the other way, down south, Ireland, the republic, but the free state? some people will always live in the past.

As for Barry he has to go, for stupidity if anything

T Fearon

Barry is to meet SF leaders tomorrow.Here's hoping he doesn't turn up in an O'Neills jersey eating a McDonald's takeaway

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Snapchap on January 07, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Except that he DOES have a track record of posting pictures of his shopping on his head.

What he does NOT have a track record in is mocking victims.

As someone who knows the man, I can assure you he would not have it in him to have done it deliberately. It was just another example of him making stupid f@$king videos thinking he is funny. I know him to be a good and decent man and I am a SF supporter but I do have to say that I believe his constant photos/videos of him putting things on his head and his COUNTLESS stupid f&@king videos about ice cream sprinkles make him hard to take seriously as an elected representative.

So to sum up: Was his video a deliberate attempt to offend victims? Not even a remote possibility.

Was the video another unfortunately timed episode of him acting like a child instead of a politician to be taken seriously? Yep.

i'd like to know the dates of these previous pictures, i think we can work out then if this was planned or not  ;)

Therealdonald

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:05:16 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 09:45:12 PM
An obvious drop of the ball by Barry McElduff. He should have thought more.but it wasnt malicious. Just typical bandwagon jumpers down in the Free State.

I'm a republican from so called free state so you shove that comment up yet hole ya dopey bollox.

Should have been more specific... typical blue shirt bandwagon jumpers down in the free state.

trileacman

f**k you shinnerbots are awful f**king precious about criticism directed towards your halfwit overlords.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2018, 11:32:28 PM
Barry is to meet SF leaders tomorrow.Here's hoping he doesn't turn up in an O'Neills jersey eating a McDonald's takeaway
He is gone past his sell by date now so all that is needed is some way to move him offside
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

"Mr McElduff told the Belfast Telegraph: "I genuinely had no idea of the brand name of the bread I was purchasing. It was late at night in the store and there were only a few loaves left on the shelves.

"I had no sense that it was a Kingsmill loaf, it could easily have been Hovis. I checked the date of the loaf but nothing else."

He insisted he had no idea it was the anniversary of the massacre."

He always balances bread on his head to check for toastiness
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

When the SDLP were top dog they had quality through the ranks. The Shinners do not. I wonder why. Hmmm
McElduff is probably a great bunch of lads but would he cut the mustard in any other party (except Fianna Fail) ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:40:18 PM

None of them? Are you sure about that or is it that just another wild generalisation?

I had two threads on here recently on topical issues in the Mary Boyle and Stardust cases. There was no uptake from the usual Free Staters who will be hand wringing and giving their usual Screaming Mary impressions when a spec of dirt lands of FF.

You won't have to go back to far on the General Discussion forum to find them and offer your opinion, that's if you want to?