Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Orchard park

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:28:13 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.

what a sweeping generalisation.....

you might go back to the 1950s and see who was on the border campaign, at the time almost all republican freedom fighters were from south of the then 30 year old plus imposed partition / border......

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 11:23:40 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:28:13 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.

what a sweeping generalisation.....

you might go back to the 1950s and see who was on the border campaign, at the time almost all republican freedom fighters were from south of the then 30 year old plus imposed partition / border......

A sweeping generalisation it may be but it would apply to the vast majority of the Free State population. The elected governments completely abandoned Northern nationalists.

Orchard park

elected governments yes I agree, but I know so many who gave years of their prime in the 1950s in the belief that they could reunite the 32 counties that it shouldnt be airbrushed from any discussion on the subject,

would you agree Northern Nationalists took a long time to get organised and attempt to remove the occupiers

TabClear

Quote from: stephenite on January 08, 2018, 11:13:39 AM
Why does he put things on his head?

Because he is a politician in Northern Ireland and being a halfwit appears to be a prerequisite for that position.

That being said, people who have dealt with him would say that he is one of the better local politicians  in terms of getting things done in the local area. Its a pity he felt the need to constantly post his moronic videos. And I do not mean the latest one.  Whether he did it deliberately or not only he knows although it is a remarkable set of coincidences if he didnt, but regardless, his previous "publications" were pointless, idiotic nonsense as well. Not something you would expect from an elected representative.

Judging by the Sinn Fein statement he is gone after he meets the leadership this afternoon.

Orchard park

with you on that

the whole buffoonery on social media should be a red flag that an incident like the last one was only around the corner even if no malice was intended.

was he hiding the day brains were handed out ??

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 11:45:14 AM
elected governments yes I agree, but I know so many who gave years of their prime in the 1950s in the belief that they could reunite the 32 counties that it shouldnt be airbrushed from any discussion on the subject,

would you agree Northern Nationalists took a long time to get organised and attempt to remove the occupiers

There are people from the 26 who have done, do and will continute to do an awful lot for northern nationalists but they are a very small minority and I think they would echo my views on their own state and the indifference it has given to the plight of Northern Nationalist.

If I was from the Free State then I would feel great shame about how the state has abandoned northern nationalists over the years. They seem to go on the offensive when it comes with dealing with that shame though which is even sadder.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 11:57:23 AM

There are people from the 26 who have done, do and will continute to do an awful lot for northern nationalists but they are a very small minority and I think they would echo my views on their own state and the indifference it has given to the plight of Northern Nationalist.

If I was from the Free State then I would feel great shame about how the state has abandoned northern nationalists over the years. They seem to go on the offensive when it comes with dealing with that shame though which is even sadder.
So why do you want to rejoin with these people who treated you so callously ?

Rossfan

Nobody under 80 is "from the Free State (sic)".
This thread is about Sinn Féin  and has come to life because of Mr McElduff and his crass/stupid/buffoon behaviour.
Bombast then launches onto his favourite rants trying to deflect from his favourite party's village eejit/nasty cnut.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Bomber

did Northern nationalists do enough pre the late 1960s to break free ?????

Tubberman

You're permanently on the offensive so by your own logic, you must be a tragic case at this stage!
It's a strange tactic I must admit - trying to insult your countrymen into sharing your views...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Orchard park

those conceptually he wants to be one with !!!!!!

Rossfan

People like Bombast would turn an awful lot of 26 Co Voters into No voters if/when the Unity referendum takes place.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Bomber; the republican who calls down south the free state!!! With people like you ranting and raving about things down south from 40yrs ago, wonder do you condemn half the crap happened up here in the same time period all for looking to rejoin your so called free staters!

Square Ball

Only one person knows whether or not the video was intentional or not. I think his hours are numbered
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid