Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

I know Barry and have found him to be very helpful in the past but this was just plain stupid and unfortunately West Tyrone is going to loose a hard working MP and a man who has stood up for the nationalist people.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
bomber,

do you think Mcelduff is blame free or a complete tool ???

forget diversionary answers

I commented on this a few pages back.

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 12:56:11 PM
It doesn't look good and you can understand the anger the Kingsmill families will feel but the opportunistic way the usual elements have jumped on the offended bus is nauseating.

Only McElduff will know whether it was an accident or not. If he's sincere in his apologies and the families can accept that then a line should be drawn under it.

Ultimately it will be the victims and their families who should be listened to on this, if they feel he is sincere and it was an honest mistake then a line should be drawn under it. If not, then it's hard to see how he can keep his position.

Only McElduff will know what his motivations were.

Orchard park

fair enough

there has been so many posts since I didnt cop that responser

bennydorano

It's a bad sign when ur best defence is that ur a gobshite.

Il Bomber Destro

I wonder are those who defended RTE in their crass sketch on Mickey Harte in the aftermath of his daughter's death going to apply their same standards here.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2018, 09:43:45 PM
I don't believe Mc Elduff did this deliberately.What was there to be gained from doing so? It's just he fancies himself as a bit of a comedian,which he never will be.

It was a godsend for Unionist politicians in terms of point scoring though.
On balance Tony I would agree with you. I'm struck though at how stupid he has been, if he didn't get the connection he should have. I am also struck by the hypocrisy of both Unionist and SDLP politicians and the fact that as the Daithi McKay incident also shows the Shinners are expected to set a much higher bar than other political parties. There are numerous examples of similarly insensitive words and actions by unionists.

AQMP

Quote from: Snapchap on January 07, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Except that he DOES have a track record of posting pictures of his shopping on his head.

What he does NOT have a track record in is mocking victims.

As someone who knows the man, I can assure you he would not have it in him to have done it deliberately. It was just another example of him making stupid f@$king videos thinking he is funny. I know him to be a good and decent man and I am a SF supporter but I do have to say that I believe his constant photos/videos of him putting things on his head and his COUNTLESS stupid f&@king videos about ice cream sprinkles make him hard to take seriously as an elected representative.

So to sum up: Was his video a deliberate attempt to offend victims? Not even a remote possibility.

Was the video another unfortunately timed episode of him acting like a child instead of a politician to be taken seriously? Yep.

Looks like he's a bigger f**king eejit than I thought he was!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Snapchap on January 07, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Except that he DOES have a track record of posting pictures of his shopping on his head.

What he does NOT have a track record in is mocking victims.

As someone who knows the man, I can assure you he would not have it in him to have done it deliberately. It was just another example of him making stupid f@$king videos thinking he is funny. I know him to be a good and decent man and I am a SF supporter but I do have to say that I believe his constant photos/videos of him putting things on his head and his COUNTLESS stupid f&@king videos about ice cream sprinkles make him hard to take seriously as an elected representative.

So to sum up: Was his video a deliberate attempt to offend victims? Not even a remote possibility.

Was the video another unfortunately timed episode of him acting like a child instead of a politician to be taken seriously? Yep.

I would have to agree with this post.

Ridiculously stupid- Yep
intentionally offensive- I dont think so

It is a bizarre coincidence though

The videos are all cringe worthy and I would rather any elected politician acted with a bit more sense, raher than playing the class clown.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Applesisapples

As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 08, 2018, 10:21:54 AM
As a northern nationalist can I ask my fellow NN's on here to stop using the quasi unionist term free state, an entity that no longer exists. further comment on Barry McElduff, he is a tool and not funny, his posts on twitter which sometimes I get when they are re tweeted are not funny in the slightest.

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

Why?

The Free State's attitude to Northern Nationalist for 100 years has been of one of abandonment and conceited judgement of the actions of nationalists in defending themselves in a violent loyalist state with British sponsored terrorism, all the while turning a blind eye to the corruption and disgusting behaviour by their own establishment parties . A bit like SF are in politics spectrum, we always have to act to a higher set of principles to everyone else. f**k that.
SF should cop on and stop moaning about having always to act to a higher set of principles than everyone else. It's a joke.
BTW Bomber you never condemned the 1641 massacres in Ballymacash cash and carry so how can you point the finger at southerners ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2018, 10:48:23 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

Why?

SF should cop on and stop moaning about having always to act to a higher set of principles than everyone else. It's a joke.
BTW Bomber you never condemned the 1641 massacres in Ballymacash cash and carry so how can you point the finger at southerners ?

But they have to.

Have any of the Free Staters ever reviled in horror at what they did to the Protestants down in Dunmanway in Cork?

Rossfan

Free Staters are all now dead.
Has Bombast taken over the mantle of the most brain washed Shinnerbot on GAAboard?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 11:02:23 AM
Has Bombast taken over the mantle of the most brain washed Shinnerbot on GAAboard?

Coming from a brain washed Free Stater, I'll take that as a compliment.

Tubberman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 11:05:36 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

Coming from a brain washed Free Stater, I'll take that as a compliment.

What's a Free Stater?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."