8. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
9. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
13. Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
14. Brian Reape - Bohola Moy Davitts
15. Conor Diskin - Claremorris

Midfield not great , Vaughan not proven in that position . OAP subs bench very worrying ,Aido fitness levels expected to be ridiculously low , Boyler will be at fault for a goal ,Higgins will be roasted best days are behind him . Reape and diskin could be chewed up in the intense battle expected sat night but will need the experience.

You never know on the night but I have a bad feeLing ros will sneak this one as they are in great shape .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on January 24, 2019, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 23, 2019, 10:11:52 PM
Mayo team to play Roscommon

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels(C)

Midfield not great , Vaughan not proven in that position . OAP subs bench very worrying ,Aido fitness levels expected to be ridiculously low , Boyler will be at fault for a goal ,Higgins will be roasted best days are behind him . Reape and diskin could be chewed up in the intense battle expected sat night but will need the experience.

You never know on the night but I have a bad feeLing ros will sneak this one as they are in great shape .

I'd say truthfully Larry you are expecting Mayo to wrap up this contest against a patched up Roscommon team by half time.

larryin89

Truthfully I wouldn't back Mayo nor against them.  There is a bit of the unknown to mayo on two levels can our battle hardened seasoned lads produce one more good year like 16/17 and how our newbies take to the real stuff . I suspect we could be negative on both but who really knows till the action starts,  sure someone like Evan Regan might start bursting the net sat night out of nowhere but all we can form our opinion on is form and ours has been on a downward spiral since all Ireland final day 2017,let's be honest .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts

You're been lenient on Vaughan in midfield, he has proven himself unable to play there in my opinion. Hopefully Reape and Diskin can prove they're up to county standard. Worried about who'll take the frees, will Hennelly continue to take them?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Randy

Regan gets some amount of chances and has yet to deliver on any stage in my opinion. I hope that this year he finally starts to add some scores to his game.

seafoid

Quote from: Randy on January 24, 2019, 10:50:42 AM
Regan gets some amount of chances and has yet to deliver on any stage in my opinion. I hope that this year he finally starts to add some scores to his game.
Mayo have been short on scoring forwards since 2012 which is very strange
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Maroon Manc

5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts

Your dream full forward line of Regan & Reape!

That team will beat Roscommon. Don't be taking too much notice of the FBD.

I have my doubt whether we'll ever see the best of Keegan, his athleticism is a big part of his game and he's had 2 very serious injuries in the last 18 months.

Mayo have an issue at full back but Harrison may solve that, looks like midfield is going to a bit of a problem though. Reape & Diskin might shoot the lights out and that might change your negativity.

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2019, 06:04:35 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 23, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2019, 03:57:33 PM
Is Mickey Graham double jobbing at the moment ?

Yes and Anthony Cunningham double jobbed with Garrycastle and Galway senior hurlers in 2012 and led both to All Ireland finals. If Mickey can get the same type of desire,commitment and work rate out of Cavan as he did Mullinalaghta they should stay up in Div one against the odds.
He is a very good manager. That is a big plus for Cavan
I think Mayo might be vulnerable

I think a refreshed and very experienced Mayo could well go deep into the season this year, given the vacuum of any real decent teams out there, save you-know-who.
I think Galway will be very vulnerable this year; they won't have a full squad to pick from until late in the league and the manager's caution and limitations will ultimately fetter the team again I greatly fear.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 24, 2019, 11:56:53 AM

5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts

Your dream full forward line of Regan & Reape!

That team will beat Roscommon. Don't be taking too much notice of the FBD.

I have my doubt whether we'll ever see the best of Keegan, his athleticism is a big part of his game and he's had 2 very serious injuries in the last 18 months.

Mayo have an issue at full back but Harrison may solve that, looks like midfield is going to a bit of a problem though. Reape & Diskin might shoot the lights out and that might change your negativity.
I would be worrying about Cavan if I was you maroon mac, rhubarbs and rossie will look after their own corner, Cavan have turned ye over the last few times ye have played them and I would give them a fighting chance Sunday.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2019, 11:16:42 AM
Quote from: Randy on January 24, 2019, 10:50:42 AM
Mayo have been short on scoring forwards since 2012 which is very strange
Mayo were never noted for natural scoring forwards as far back as I can remember. There were a few okay but they were few and some were mighty good but by comparison with other position from goal out to midfield, fro goal out to midfield they were incredibly scarce.
Horan overcame that to a large extent by altering the way the team played as a unit and with everyone expected to muck in and, but for a truly bizarre run of poxy luck, they'd have a couple of All Irelands by now.
Dunno what James will come up with this year but I place a lot of confidence in him- after all what he did after the carnage in Longford back in 2010 was nothing short of a miracle.
This year it appears all the old hands are ready for another go and I don't think Horan would have gone back of he didnt see some spark still left in his reliables. We've been writing the whole lot of them off for years now and they still haven't shown any signs of having had enough.
Short term is hard to call and I dunno what will happen versus the sheep shaggers next week as it's early days yet. But the likes of Diskin, Plunkeet and Reape are showing early promise. On the downside, there are a few others who have been neither on nor off the team for a couple of seasons now and for them, it's surely make yer mind up time.
Regan is one and Conor Loftus is another- both showed they have great potential but both are iffy where reliability is concerned. The likes of Crowe, Coen, Kirby and Nally are a few of the others and you could include Fergal Boland as well. This could be their year and even if half of them step up to the mark, we could be motoring again.
Keep the faith!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on January 24, 2019, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2019, 06:04:35 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 23, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2019, 03:57:33 PM
Is Mickey Graham double jobbing at the moment ?

Yes and Anthony Cunningham double jobbed with Garrycastle and Galway senior hurlers in 2012 and led both to All Ireland finals. If Mickey can get the same type of desire,commitment and work rate out of Cavan as he did Mullinalaghta they should stay up in Div one against the odds.
He is a very good manager. That is a big plus for Cavan
I think Mayo might be vulnerable

I think a refreshed and very experienced Mayo could well go deep into the season this year, given the vacuum of any real decent teams out there, save you-know-who.
I think Galway will be very vulnerable this year; they won't have a full squad to pick from until late in the league and the manager's caution and limitations will ultimately fetter the team again I greatly fear.
Pretty standard end of January Mouview there ;).
I think they kicked or maybe hand passed on a bit last year. Cavan didn't but then again they have a good manager now
I was surprised at how easily teams rolled over in front of the maroon juggernaut last year in D1

Aaron Boone

Kerry and Mayo have flirted with relegation the last 3 years, so one should go through the trapdoor this year. Tyrone have been more yo-yo this decade, used to be a sound bet for 8 or 10 points every year.

seafoid

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 24, 2019, 07:12:46 PM
Kerry and Mayo have flirted with relegation the last 3 years, so one should go through the trapdoor this year. Tyrone have been more yo-yo this decade, used to be a sound bet for 8 or 10 points every year.
I was thinking along those lines as well

From the Bunker

Saturday night will tell a lot about how Mayo are fixed for relegation. I think the three Connacht teams will struggle in Division One.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2019, 11:03:29 AM

Saturday night will tell a lot about how Mayo are fixed for relegation. I think the three Connacht teams will struggle in Division One.
Last year there was a clear split between the strong teams and the weak ones. Almost every match between a strong team and a weak one was won by the strong team
Dubs, Galway, Tyrone and Monaghan ended up in the AI SF

Kerry were weak and didn't make it out of the super 8. Mayo didn't even get that far. Kildare did well to make the last 8 . Donegal improved somewhat

So it depends how much Kerry and Mayo have improved and whether Ros and Cavan can kick on