Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 10, 2019, 03:58:58 PM
Quote from: scout on September 10, 2019, 03:51:21 PM
How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there
A Beragh forward scored 2-2 and couldn't make your list?

ANON2018

Is local expert really an expert and is he even local. Or maybe he is even a she?

rrhf

Or somewhere in between... takes all sorts to be a keyboard warrior.. Don't pigeonhole me!! ;)

The Golden Years

Quote from: aqua_allsorts on September 10, 2019, 05:12:42 PM
How many points did Beragh score from play? I would guess 3points and the 2nd goal came from a penalty.

Only giving my opinion but could you name some of these players, that should be starting Tyrone that are not on the squad?

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

I'd have to agree with DE here.

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael O'Neill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Emmet would need to leave his wing mirrors behind him if he is to step up to county level. 

trailer

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 10:55:50 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 10, 2019, 10:50:28 AM
Do you boys not get tired of registering new usernames everyday?
Honda300
LocalExpert
TheShooter
topofthesoil
aquaallsorts

Ive seen the way you go on in the forum, i would not be surprised in the slightest if 1 or more of them accounts were created by you as a secondary account. so dont be so quick to point the finger and try and divert the blame.
I voice my own views on this, not to listen to nonsense like this from you.

Cool story bro. You must be a real hoot to spend time with.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 11, 2019, 08:45:14 AM
Quote from: aqua_allsorts on September 10, 2019, 05:12:42 PM

Stephen McNally
Sean McNabb
Connor Odonnell
Lee Brennan
Conn Kilpatrick

just a few there

I'd have to agree with DE here.

John Harkin
Eoghan Murray
Michael O'Neill
Emmet McNabb

Above players will all be in with a chance of a McKenna Cup call up for next year in my opinion.

Emmet would need to leave his wing mirrors behind him if he is to step up to county level.
Don't think king mick would agree, too close of a personality to roro sludden and that ship has sailed I think

skeog

The standard of club championship has been dreadful.MH has an unenviable task improving his current panel imo.The names suggested are not county standard bar Lee Brennan.Suggesting adding players from a team just beaten by 17 points beggars disbelief.

Goals_Will_Come

Early days in the championship yet to be declaring players for Tyrone call ups.
Conn Kilpatrick will likely receive a call up.
After that Michael O'neill and Daniel Kerr be worth a look at. Another player worth a look would be Conor Shields from Clogher.
After that it will be the Tyrone U20s that will be looked at and considered.
That others mentioned I would very much doubt, Emmet McNabb very light and not an improvement on McCurry, Canavan or Bradley if he returns.

The_Slug

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 11, 2019, 10:06:06 AM
After that Michael O'neill and Daniel Kerr be worth a look at. Another player worth a look would be Conor Shields from Clogher.
That others mentioned I would very much doubt, Emmet McNabb very light and not an improvement on McCurry, Canavan or Bradley if he returns.

Since MH will undoubtedly be calling more people up, will there be a few men dropped from the panel this time? he doesn't seem to ever drop too many players based on ability, the players usually leave of their own accord or break some rules etc. and get dropped for that

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The_Slug on September 11, 2019, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 11, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

Since MH will undoubtedly be calling more people up, will there be a few men dropped from the panel this time? he doesn't seem to ever drop too many players based on ability, the players usually leave of their own accord or break some rules etc. and get dropped for that

Could do with getting rid of a few that have been there for 2/3 years and made little to no impact to be honest. Obviously aren't going to make it at this stage.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: skeog on September 11, 2019, 09:48:02 AM
The standard of club championship has been dreadful.MH has an unenviable task improving his current panel imo.The names suggested are not county standard bar Lee Brennan.Suggesting adding players from a team just beaten by 17 points beggars disbelief.

Its a quite simple task to improve the squad if you really wanted to but only Harte is too stubborn to do it..

(In my opinion and I'm sure there are more players out there but this is straight off my head)

Players who will improve team immediately:

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe

Then players to add in and work with for future years:

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)
Johnny Harkin (Tattyreigh)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2019, 11:07:48 AM

Its a quite simple task to improve the squad if you really wanted to but only Harte is too stubborn to do it..

(In my opinion and I'm sure there are more players out there but this is straight off my head)

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

If we are being honest, he can't start on a fairly poor Clonoe team. Has fitness issues and from what I've heard has quit Gaelic Football a few times.

It's a pity because he had it all.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 11, 2019, 11:07:48 AM

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe
Mackers - Coalisland
Big Conn - Edendork
Lee Brennan - Trillick

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

How many games has Dan McNulty played for Clonoe over the last few years? He has struggled with injury and only came off the bench on Saturday. To suggest he would improve the Tyrone team immediately is crazy talk. McNally played for Tyrone before and didn't stand out. I think if he he'd been there another few years he could have improved but the time for talking of him as a county player is gone.

TyroneOnlooker

Do you watch any club football??

Michael O'Neil - Ardboe - worth a call up
Mackers - Coalisland - must be at least 31. Great club player but county days are long over
Big Conn - Edendork - worth a call up
Lee Brennan - Trillick - has been on squad and will be next year if he wants
Big Dan McNulty (Wild card but worth it and it could free Matty up if it works) - Clonoe - seriously? doesn't start for clonoe and has constant injury issues

Outside the above there is very little of county standard that aren't already there. Most call ups in next few years will be from last couple of u20 squads and let's be honest, none of those boys are developed enough to make an impact at senior county level

McAleer (Gortin)
Grimes (Loughmacrory)
McNabb (Dromore)

Under Lights

Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look