Previous topic - Next topic

fearsiuil

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2018, 02:46:40 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 08, 2018, 01:41:21 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2018, 01:24:33 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 08, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
Galway by two in a low scoring game

That seems like the prediction of an extremely optimistic Galway supporter as opposed to someone with your username  ???

Or just an honest prediction? Or is there some script that I have to say Dublin will win because I have a Mayo username? 🤷🏻‍♀️

No and I hope you are correct in your prediction. Just a bit surprised as plenty in Mayo are hoping for only one thing from Saturday and it is not a narrow Galway victory!
I'm surprised that you should think Mayo won't support the heron chokers. For decades both counties have happily bet the crap out of each other but when one is knocked out of the running, the majority of its followers will row in behind the other one.
Been changing a bit in recent times with more pulling and dragging in all top games now as opposed to man-on-man marking years ago leading to more grounds for fans to be drawn in. Stories of certain Tuam pubs celebrating when Dubs beat Mayo last year, the 3 billboards outside Castlebar this year added to online bullsh1t takes their toll with people taking the extreme as normal.

It used to be all Connacht backing their own....obviously bar the Rossies.

Orchard park

Quote from: fearsiuil on August 08, 2018, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2018, 02:46:40 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 08, 2018, 01:41:21 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2018, 01:24:33 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 08, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
Galway by two in a low scoring game

That seems like the prediction of an extremely optimistic Galway supporter as opposed to someone with your username  ???

Or just an honest prediction? Or is there some script that I have to say Dublin will win because I have a Mayo username? 🤷🏻‍♀️

No and I hope you are correct in your prediction. Just a bit surprised as plenty in Mayo are hoping for only one thing from Saturday and it is not a narrow Galway victory!
I'm surprised that you should think Mayo won't support the heron chokers. For decades both counties have happily bet the crap out of each other but when one is knocked out of the running, the majority of its followers will row in behind the other one.
Been changing a bit in recent times with more pulling and dragging in all top games now as opposed to man-on-man marking years ago leading to more grounds for fans to be drawn in. Stories of certain Tuam pubs celebrating when Dubs beat Mayo last year, the 3 billboards outside Castlebar this year added to online bullsh1t takes their toll with people taking the extreme as normal.

It used to be all Connacht backing their own....obviously bar the Rossies.

What's that shite about  ????

GalwayBayBoy

rosnarun

I really think Galway have taken the wind out of their own sails by last weeks performance ,
when they looked around for leadership none was coming
had they gone for it they would easilt have beaten monaghan but they just don't seem to realize what a great attacking force they are Walsh Comer Branniagn and burke are as good or better than most in the country but Manager kevin  walshe welsh Walsh has them hide bound with fear .
their only hope v Dublin is an very fast open game and a shootout , which has little change of happening,
as a  result it could be humbling for them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
I really think Galway have taken the wind out of their own sails by last weeks performance ,
had they gone for it they would easilt have beaten monaghan but they just don't seem to realize what a great attacking force they are Walsh Comer Branniagn and burke is as good or better than most in the country but Manager kevin  walshe welsh Walsh has them hide bound with fear .
their only hope v Dublin is an very fast open game and a shootout , which has little change of happening,

Corrected that for you.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 08, 2018, 04:12:35 PM
had they gone for it they would easilt have beaten monaghan but they just don't seem to realize what a great attacking force they are Walsh Comer Branniagn and burke is as good or better than most in the country but Manager kevin  walshe welsh Walsh has them hide bound with fear .

Corrected that for you.

Burke has been great. Anyone who can't see what he does doesn't know football IMO. I actually think he's been our best forward during the championship. Walsh very good for the most part. Comer more up and down.

Brannigan was probably our best forward during the league but his shooting especially has gone to pot recently.

Syferus

Corrected that for you.

Burke has outshone Walsh since underage. Where Walsh makes the wrong decision and the Hollywood point attempt Burke has always made the right one. And frankly Comer is a unique sort of forward that I would take before Walsh even if Galway aren't utilising him effectively.

Walsh is a lovely striker of the ball but I still think he hasn't solved the issues with selfish and wasteful play that have always pockmarked his game. Wasn't he the most wasteful forward in D1 by a massive degree this year? A good showing against the best team that's ever played the game would go some way towards alleviating those concerns.

larryin89

It's very interesting to hear how fellow Mayo people feel about Galway  ,it's definitely split . I'm shouting for them but my Aul fella can't stand the sight of all things Galway for example
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2018, 02:53:34 PM
Dublin will win by however many they want to. If they feel like making a statement they'll run away with the match when Galway are forced to come out and attack in the final 20 minutes.
How many in a row will the Dubs win, Syf ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on August 08, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
It's very interesting to hear how fellow Mayo people feel about Galway  ,it's definitely split . I'm shouting for them but my Aul fella can't stand the sight of all things Galway for example

It is for sure. After those signs on the side of the road, I hope their all Ireland drought lasts for eternity.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
Dublin will win by however many they want to. If they feel like making a statement they'll run away with the match when Galway are forced to come out and attack in the final 20 minutes.

They'll win the five in a row unless there is an act of God in the next 12 months.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2018, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2018, 05:31:11 PM

They'll win the five in a row unless there is an act of GO'D on Saturday.

FTFY
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

Last 4 games here is what Galway's main scoring forwards scored in their games.

S Walsh 0-19 (14fs)
D Comer 0-7
I Burke 0-7
E Brannigan  0-2

Hardly the type of scoring from play that will give McMahon,Cooper,McCarthy,O'Sullivan etc sleepiness nights?

Galway's best chance in this game is keeping the Dublin score low and the lower the better if they want to cause a big upset as thats exactly how they have beaten Mayo the last 3 years. Two of those wins Mayo was down to 14 men and their recent wins over Kildare,Kerry they were down to 14 men also so it would probably be no harm to their cause if Dublin was to get one or two sent off this Saturday however 14 man Dublin closed out the league final very well against Galway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 08, 2018, 04:34:02 PM

Corrected that for you.

Burke has been great. Anyone who can't see what he does doesn't know football IMO. I actually think he's been our best forward during the championship. Walsh very good for the most part. Comer more up and down.

Brannigan was probably our best forward during the league but his shooting especially has gone to pot recently.

Hmm, I disagree with our opinion so you know nothing John Snow. I lauded Burke previously for his intelligence but his scoring rate is not good enough to be considered as good as if not better than most in the country. Only Walsh would be in the conversation for top 6 forwards in the country.
#newbridgeornowhere