17 year old found decapitated and dismembered in gangland feud

Started by Saffrongael, January 15, 2020, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: five points on January 16, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2020, 12:28:51 PM
Decrim use, and go after suppliers.

How can you go after suppliers of something that it legal?

There's a difference between decriminalising the use of drugs and the making the supply illegal.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 16, 2020, 01:49:00 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 16, 2020, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 11:22:37 AM
where is the so called ira in all this
Who do you think killed Alan Ryan?

Think the OP refers to the Provisional IRA as opposed to any particular further break off.
I read 'so called' to be dissies

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 16, 2020, 01:55:18 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 16, 2020, 01:49:00 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 16, 2020, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 11:22:37 AM
where is the so called ira in all this
Who do you think killed Alan Ryan?

Think the OP refers to the Provisional IRA as opposed to any particular further break off.
I read 'so called' to be dissies

In that case they are probably bringing the drugs in via old PIRA smuggling contacts/routes. All too willing to assist in the trade, some might hide behind 'taxation' on dealers but they are still up to their necks in it helping bring it in and collaborating when suits.

Eire90

Guy on radio says is it about time we went to a cashless society to fight the drug problem.

lurganblue

Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 02:16:23 PM
Guy on radio says is it about time we went to a cashless society to fight the drug problem.

I fail to see how that would help. Just as easy to transfer money in multiple different ways

Eire90

Dire Ear

general_lee

Seen the images. They seem to be taken/stolen from an Instagram page. Also a video going about of some young lad covered in blood but I'm led to believe that's from a young fella stabbed few weeks ago unrelated to this feud

Eire90

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 03:57:43 PM
The army should be sent into deal with these feckers

Is this a serious comment? Christ. The army.....I admire your hard line stance but the Irish Army? I've seen more action on my playstation.

johnnycool

Have they enough ear defenders in case there's some action?

gallsman

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on January 16, 2020, 12:11:06 PM
That was a conversation me and a friend had, would the level of gang warfare have went on during the 90's when the IRA were still prevalent in controlling areas?

To dismember someone takes some stomach I would imagine, and things seem to be escalating worse and worse, and unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any feasible solution to this. 

A someone has mentioned, if they legalise drugs to control the flow, the same fellas will profit from some other form of criminality.

That level of gang warfare did go on in the 90s. Ever hear of the INLA? Biggest gangland criminals around in the 90s and they just happened to be armed to the teeth.

Sportacus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 16, 2020, 04:10:26 PM

Is this a serious comment? Christ. The army.....I admire your hard line stance but the Irish Army? I've seen more action on my playstation.
Would love to see you repeat that to a member of the Irish Army Ranger Wing, PlayStation boy.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Sportacus on January 16, 2020, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 16, 2020, 04:10:26 PM

Would love to see you repeat that to a member of the Irish Army Ranger Wing, PlayStation boy.

;D It's ok, I compete against them on a monthly basis. They admit they have a handy number.

Point is, they are simply not trained to take on drug gangs in some kind of Narco-like war.

GalwayBayBoy

Times reporting members of his family have been sent videos/images. Seems like most are fake but Guards seem to believe there may have been genuine videos/images taken of the murder.

Beyond grim.