All Ireland U20 2019

Started by omagh_gael, July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

I don't think Tyrone u20's have been beat this year. This age group won the first u17 All Ireland and they have the son of God playing. Hopefully cork underestimate them

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: redhandefender on July 23, 2019, 02:01:16 PM
I don't think Tyrone u20's have been beat this year. This age group won the first u17 All Ireland and they have the son of God playing. Hopefully cork underestimate them

Or vice versa.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 23, 2019, 12:30:14 PM
Galway U-20 football manager Pádraic Joyce & his selectors have named their starting team for Saturday's All-Ireland U20 football semi-final vs Dublin in Longford (5pm)

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)

2. Ross Mahon (Corofin)

3. Sean Mulkerrin (Capt) (Oileáin Árann)

4. Eoin McFadden (Salthill Knocknacarra)

5. Liam Boyle (Kilkerrin/Clonberne)

6. Ciaran Potter (Annaghdown)

7. Jack Kirrane (Milltown)

8. Matthias Barrett (Cumann Peile Naomh Anna)

9. Brian Harlowe (St Michael's)

10. Matthew Tierney (Oughterard)

11. Darragh Silke (Corofin)

12. Tony Gill (Corofin)

13. Padraig Costello (Dunmore MacHales)

14. Liam Costello (Milltown)

15. Rory Cunningham (St. Brendan's)

Does the inclusion of Gill at 12 suggest that Galway might be going a bit more defensive for this game, any time I've seen him play it's been in defence.

Angelo

Next year's team is the one that won the U17 title.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Ah jaysus!

galwayman

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 23, 2019, 02:24:17 PM
Galway U-20 football manager Pádraic Joyce & his selectors have named their starting team for Saturday's All-Ireland U20 football semi-final vs Dublin in Longford (5pm)

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)

2. Ross Mahon (Corofin)

12. Tony Gill (Corofin)

Does the inclusion of Gill at 12 suggest that Galway might be going a bit more defensive for this game, any time I've seen him play it's been in defence.
Hard to know. Saying that he's replacing Gavin Burke who played corner back for the Galway minors.
He's also quite a stylish footballer so maybe he'll be able to adapt to playing further up the pitch.
It's a nice triple header on Sat.

galwayman

10 of that starting team started against Dublin in the pre season John Kerins tournament.

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on July 23, 2019, 06:41:36 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 23, 2019, 02:24:17 PM

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)

2. Ross Mahon (Corofin)

12. Tony Gill (Corofin)

Hard to know. Saying that he's replacing Gavin Burke who played corner back for the Galway minors.
He's also quite a stylish footballer so maybe he'll be able to adapt to playing further up the pitch.
It's a nice triple header on Sat.

That's true and Gavin was playing a deeper role rather than the centre forward position, spent a lot of time around midfield and half back in the couple of games I saw. I thought Conor Newell might get the nod to start after his display in the Connacht final, good option to have himself and Gavin Burke to bring in though.

Blowitupref

Great start for Dublin 5 minutes gone 1-1 to no score ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Another goal for Ciaran Archer. 2-1 to no score ahead now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Galway goal a fine finish. Dublin 2-1 Galway 1-2  18 minutes played.

Blowitupref

skeog

Has anyone the link to get TG4.ie in Tyrone. i keep getting message that its not available.Thanks.

Blowitupref

Good start to the 2nd half for Galway just a 1 point game now. Dublin 2-6 Galway 1-8. 40 mins played.

Blowitupref

Galway leveled it up but three points in a row for Dublin since then.  2-9 to 1-9  with 10 minutes to play.