The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

13 runners from 30 for one trainer .

High end NH racing is gone to be a f**king joke..... a monopoly of elliott and willie.

Mallow much more entertaining today for the normal man in street

Avondhu star

Quote from: Orchard park on April 02, 2018, 06:59:11 PM
13 runners from 30 for one trainer .

High end NH racing is gone to be a f**king joke..... a monopoly of elliott and willie.

Mallow much more entertaining today for the normal man in street
Indeed. Handy little winner there today for Adrian Maguire and son Finian.

Mallow will always be Mallow not Cork racecourse and the Junction will always be the Junction and not Tipperary
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Orchard park

Adrian had one placed also.....a great horseman like his brother in law but an awful battle to survive

Elite NH is gone like the flat classics

Avondhu star

Quote from: Orchard park on April 02, 2018, 07:15:26 PM
Adrian had one placed also.....a great horseman like his brother in law but an awful battle to survive

Elite NH is gone like the flat classics
There may be some chance when the economy is picking up and small trainers can make a bit from point to points and maybe selling on some animal with potential but if things go down paying training fees will be well down people's priority

Milltown Row2

Any picks? Went for I just know

Looking an each way one on Shantou flyer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Had a fiver on tiger roll, simply because of davy russell, he's some man for one man. Another couple of strides and davy mullins would've had it, some finish.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 14, 2018, 05:55:43 PM
Had a fiver on tiger roll, simply because of davy russell, he's some man for one man. Another couple of strides and davy mullins would've had it, some finish.

Mad horse! 16 hands only, smallest horse ever to win?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Mrs Playwiththewind drew Tiger Roll in her office sweep. Put a tenner on it at lunchtime  for her. Collected the winnings....she gave me my  tenner back. That's  a hard lesson learned.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on April 14, 2018, 07:43:30 PM
Mrs Playwiththewind drew Tiger Roll in her office sweep. Put a tenner on it at lunchtime  for her. Collected the winnings....she gave me my  tenner back. That's  a hard lesson learned.

Shafted!!

beer baron

Punchestown should be a bit of craic. Be good to see how Sharjah goes in the Novice hurdle at a big price and finally gets decent ground, i'd say he's going to run a nice race.
Joeys 2 in the handicap hurdle HousesofParliament and Ivanovic Gorbatov i think are handicapped on bad ground form at this stage and could also run nice on the ground if it is as good as i hear it could be.
The Champion chase is a deadly race, don't think i could have a bet at all just sit back and enjoy  :D

SHEEDY

what the hell was paul townend thinking? crazy finish.

https://youtu.be/L-4Gu38Mi6U
nil satis nisi optimum

Mickey Linden

Any explanation for this yet? Crazy stuff

Avondhu star

Second race situation becoming very prevalent. Mullinsfavourite 11/10 beaten 20 lengthy Mullins outsider. Other race Mullins and Elliott had six runners each. Both great trainers but puntersbeing turned off

Therealdonald

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 09:41:00 PM
Second race situation becoming very prevalent. Mullinsfavourite 11/10 beaten 20 lengthy Mullins outsider. Other race Mullins and Elliott had six runners each. Both great trainers but puntersbeing turned off

There was a difference in 500 in attendance which can be attributed to the weather. Unless you've another stat to back up the fact that punters are being turned off? Everyone goes to see a horse win, whether it was a 20/1 outsider or not, maybe Draconien just had his day today. What a load of dung about trainers, Dublin are dominating GAA, is the All Ireland Final attendance down???

Hound

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 24, 2018, 09:25:39 PM
Any explanation for this yet? Crazy stuff

Stewards Report:

"Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the stewards were of the opinion that P. Townend was in breach of rule 214 in that he had ridden dangerously and, having considered his record in this regard, the stewards suspended him for 21 racedays and ordered that he forfeit his riding fee."

Can't find any comment yet from Townend or Mullins