U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2020, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on March 06, 2020, 09:16:08 PM
Dublin's have won 9 out of the last 12 Leinster U21/U20 titles compared to 7 in the previous 45 years.

They've won 4 All-Irelands in the last 9 years compared to 1 in the previous 46 years.

Just goes to show that the volunteers in Dublin GAA have really upped their game!

We must all try harder!
Best volunteers in the world, apparently

The previous volunteers before 2001 should be ashamed of their efforts

An Watcher

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2020, 10:02:38 PM
The old 1.3 million population probably nothing to do with it.
The few bits I saw of the game they seemed well on top.
Hope we can surprise Galway tomorrow but sadly unlikely.

We should always be competitive with our population. These lads pretty much all have two seasons under their belt playing adult club football in Dublin, which is a super training ground for them. The strategy at minor level to pick the most naturally skillful and help them get bigger and stronger doesn't often reap rewards at minor level but starts to bear fruit at U20. I think some counties pick the naturally big and strong lads at minor and try to make them more skillful.

A pity for the game that Laois saved their worst performance for the final. Not much went right for them after the opening quarter.

Dubs aren't at the class of Kerry in my view, but I'd expect the semi against the Ulster champions to tight.

Gael85

Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2020, 08:10:22 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2020, 10:02:38 PM
The old 1.3 million population probably nothing to do with it.
The few bits I saw of the game they seemed well on top.
Hope we can surprise Galway tomorrow but sadly unlikely.

We should always be competitive with our population. These lads pretty much all have two seasons under their belt playing adult club football in Dublin, which is a super training ground for them. The strategy at minor level to pick the most naturally skillful and help them get bigger and stronger doesn't often reap rewards at minor level but starts to bear fruit at U20. I think some counties pick the naturally big and strong lads at minor and try to make them more skillful.

A pity for the game that Laois saved their worst performance for the final. Not much went right for them after the opening quarter.

Dubs aren't at the class of Kerry in my view, but I'd expect the semi against the Ulster champions to tight.

14 of team eligible next year. Great to see players from the smaller clubs. Agree kerry is the team to beat. Anything further happens is on bonus considering this group of players didn't make a impression at minor 2 years ago.

PMG1

Is the Donegal v Tyrone game on anywhere?

galwayman

Galway 4-8 Ros 0-4 ten mins gone second half.

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Galway 4-13 Roscommon 0-5

Tough on the Rossies. Good Galway side on paper in fairness. They will have a right chance against Kerry.

An Fhairche Abu

Got no right match today at all so the team is very untested going into the semi final against a really good Kerry team.
Cork put it up to Kerry in the first half of the Munster final at least.

Cunny Funt

A big surprise that Galway got it so easy this afternoon but that's underage football sometimes. The poor weather suited Galway better and they really killed Roscommon on every mistake they made which was a lot. Kerry v Galway makes for a intriguing semi final now.

Ulster final result. Tyrone 1-11 Donegal 0-9

Angelo

Good win for Tyrone, the performances in the early rounds weren't too encouraging.

Is Ethan Jordan anything to Roisin?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

omagh_gael

Good day at the office for Tyrone against a side we just about beat on way to winning the u17 AI 3 years ago. A lot of excellent performances with Ethan Jordan getting the motm award, however, I thought Michael Gallagher from Trillick put in a serious shift and never stopped the whole game.

Our midfield came out on top and, alongside our HB line, drove us forward all game. Big difference was Donegal were really slow moving it into attack and played laterally across the 45 over and over again. Antoin Fox done a very good job nullifying their danger man Doherty.

Huge challenge awaits in the Dubs in semi final, however, I think we'll give them a real good rattle.

Rossfan

Wasn't expecting a win yesterday but expected we'd at least have been reasonably competitive.
An inept, disorganised show and of course everything that could go wrong went wrong for us.
Galway looked good but hard to judge on this.
One to erase from the memory and hope it doesn't damage the playing careers of the lads involved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Is it a double header for the semis on St Patrick's day?

When is the final due to be held? The following Saturday?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Angelo on March 08, 2020, 01:51:12 PM
Is it a double header for the semis on St Patrick's day?

When is the final due to be held? The following Saturday?
Yes and as I stated on page 1 of this thread March 28th or 29th for the final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Angelo

I don't like having the semis and final at Croke Park personally.

There's been some cracking games at u20 and u21 level in recent years and the atmosphere will be totally lost in it at Croke Park not to mention the home advantage for the Dubs.