Who would have thought - Ian Paisley - Sri Lanka & The Maldives

Started by Owen Brannigan, September 07, 2017, 10:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

That seems to be him & in spite of the name, he appears to be a rather good friend & associate of the DUP.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Seany on January 20, 2019, 05:31:06 PM
I really don't want him to resign. He's such comedic value. An enemy within for the DUP that they can do nothing with. It's such a source of entertainment for us all that the son of the total bigot who founded the DUP because the UUP wasn't sectarian enough is now a total embarrassment for the mini bigots that the party spawned.
Couldnt disagree with that. Throw in the fact that he has enough support from the Paisleyites within the DUP to spook the leadership and the fact that if he was ousted it could allow Jim Allister to become MP, he's much more valuable where he is. 
Careful now

playwiththewind1st

Timothy Gaston of the TUV only got 3,200 votes in the last General Election & he was eliminated on the 3rd count in the Assembly election.  Allister has enough votes to get himself a seat in Stormont, but that's about it.

RedHand88

Why is he even invited you speak at an event honouring the good Friday agreement?
What does he say? Yes, we were the ones who opposed it throughout and stood outside blowing whistles and shouting no surrender??

take_yer_points

Ian reckons he was only invited to speak at the event 2 days before it happened. The Irish news has emails from a few weeks beforehand listing him as a speaker and another one informing all ttendees that they'll cover economy flights. He tells that many lies I'd say he believes himself at this stage

TabClear

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 23, 2019, 08:58:07 AM
Ian reckons he was only invited to speak at the event 2 days before it happened. The Irish news has emails from a few weeks beforehand listing him as a speaker and another one informing all ttendees that they'll cover economy flights. He tells that many lies I'd say he believes himself at this stage

You are giving him too much credit. I believe that about the likes of Trump, worryingly I think he actually does believe all the bullshit he spouts and thinks he knows better. I think Ian Og is just your typical,arrogant DUP representative who throws out any excuse and doesnt care how people react. 

Orior

Apparently it was so cold in Ballymena this morning that Ian Og had to put his hands in his own pockets.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jeepers Creepers

Spotlight on BBC 1 NI tonight uncovering more behind Ian 'wish you were here' Paisley. Check out the Ian Paisley MP (parody) twitter account for a laugh as well.

imtommygunn

screenexile

Does he get another ban from Parliament or does he have to resign??

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2019, 10:57:19 PM
Does he get another ban from Parliament or does he have to resign??

Anywhere else resigns but here.....

playwiththewind1st

Indeed & yet he still brass necks it & stays in his job.