DUP Rubbish through the letter box

Started by fred the red, April 17, 2009, 09:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Despite living in a predominately nationalist area, i have recently received dup pamphlets looking me to 'ensure the voice of Ulster is a (sic) unionist one'.

Is there anyway in stopping this waste from landing in my letterbox?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

firstsub

Quote from: ziggysego on April 17, 2009, 09:48:40 PM
Post it back to them.

And don't forget no stamp, so they have to pay for it

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Boolerhead Mel

I got a Willie McCrea leaflet the other day. It was about the size of a takeaway menu-yet he managed to have 11 photos of himself on it. Vain F**ker 

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on April 18, 2009, 07:21:04 AM
I got a Willie McCrea leaflet the other day. It was about the size of a takeaway menu-yet he managed to have 11 photos of himself on it. Vain F**ker 

Your lucky there wasn't a CD promo included in it!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

deiseach

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on April 18, 2009, 09:55:04 AM

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: deiseach on April 18, 2009, 10:42:35 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on April 18, 2009, 09:55:04 AM

Including previously "unseen" footage of Sammy Wilson running about in the raw in the south of France....LoL
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Canalman

Wouldn't get too worked up about it lads. I presume you also get fast food menus etc through the door. As for me, I generally read all the political pamphlets that come through the letterbox. Can be very informative for local issues.

Maguire01

Some people are very easily upset! Does that mean that as a Nationalist, i shouldn't receive election pamphlets from the Nationalist parties because I live in a predominantly Unionist area?

Put it in the bin, end of story.

deiseach

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2009, 11:47:20 AM
Some people are very easily upset! Does that mean that as a Nationalist, i shouldn't receive election pamphlets from the Nationalist parties because I live in a predominantly Unionist area?

True enough. But it is surprising that the DUP, a political party that saw off the colossus that was the UUP, is so wasteful with their pamphlets. The Shinners, for example, are smart enough not to go near my father's house because they know he'd release the hounds. Is this another example of the peace 'dividend', with Northern parties being so flush with cash that they don't have to be discriminating?

Hardy

I got a Willie McCrea leaflet the other day. It was about the size of a takeaway menu

Why the hell is Willie McCrea writing to people about the size of a takeaway menu?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
I got a Willie McCrea leaflet the other day. It was about the size of a takeaway menu

Why the hell is Willie McCrea writing to people about the size of a takeaway menu?

We all know the size of his flute after his forestry shenanigans so I suppose he has to talk about something else. :D

carribbear

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2009, 11:47:20 AM

After you read it thoroughly first no doubt.