Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helpline

Last nights game was one of the most open I have seen for ages, Edendork very unlucky not to have done enough to win it, McHugh kept Carmen in it with questionable decisions and then blow the final whistle as soon as they went in front, didn't even play the full 4 additional minutes at the end, even thought their was substitutions and a free to take account off. McHugh should be investigated for match fixing me thinks.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Tyrone95

Quote from: Helpline on September 25, 2019, 11:25:16 AM
Last nights game was one of the most open I have seen for ages, Edendork very unlucky not to have done enough to win it, McHugh kept Carmen in it with questionable decisions and then blow the final whistle as soon as they went in front, didn't even play the full 4 additional minutes at the end, even thought their was substitutions and a free to take account off. McHugh should be investigated for match fixing me thinks.

Pass the sour grapes around when finished thanks  :o

giveherlong

What about Harry Og Conlon- he didn't feature for Edendork in any of their championship games.
Is he injured? He was in around County panels at one stage

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: giveherlong on September 25, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
What about Harry Og Conlon- he didn't feature for Edendork in any of their championship games.

He works abroad. Played in a few games in August.

Under Lights

Quote from: giveherlong on September 25, 2019, 11:28:35 AM

Mark McReynolds also?

Pearse Blue

Edendork played all the football, after going 6 down the 6 points without reply was probably the best 10 minute spell a team has ever had. Just didn't have it in them (experience) to hold out the game. Even when Carmen got the second goal it didn't seem like they were going to win. Edendorks whole back line is suspect except Conor Mallon.

Also, timer wasn't working on the score board (which is a complete joke for a county ground) but I timed it, Ref announced 4 added minutes on 30:35 and Carrickmore equalized on the 31st. The Carrickmore free to win it was awarded on 32:20 and was actually kicked at 33:10 and the ref blew full time straight after the free at 33:40. One more attack should've been granted to Edendork.

Long story short, McHughs a **** and gave Edendork nothing all night.

Errigal will make short work of Carmen, bad outfit overall.   

Tintown rattler

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 25, 2019, 12:50:37 PM
Edendork played all the football, after going 6 down the 6 points without reply was probably the best 10 minute spell a team has ever had. Just didn't have it in them (experience) to hold out the game. Even when Carmen got the second goal it didn't seem like they were going to win. Edendorks whole back line is suspect except Conor Mallon.

Also, timer wasn't working on the score board (which is a complete joke for a county ground) but I timed it, Ref announced 4 added minutes on 30:35 and Carrickmore equalized on the 31st. The Carrickmore free to win it was awarded on 32:20 and was actually kicked at 33:10 and the ref blew full time straight after the free at 33:40. One more attack should've been granted to Edendork.

Damian Barton you should have asked for your wages from edendork up front

Wee Roddy

This made me laugh very loud.
How did Edendork play all the football? And talking of referees were you at last Friday nights drawn game were a ref gave Edendork a chance to even be playing last night?

GlenMan

Your clock must be faulty. I timed it and McHugh played 4:10 injury time. Admittedly I thought he should have given Edendork one more attack and was surprised when he blew when he did.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 25, 2019, 12:56:43 PM

Damian Barton you should have asked for your wages from edendork up front
Ill never get paid this weeks now, but don't worry, me being me, i have myself covered ;)

bogball88

Quote from: TabClear on September 25, 2019, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 10:00:20 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 25, 2019, 09:56:42 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
True, but he sliced one wildly up in the air costing possession going for a score, couldn't really run and he lost the ball over at the far side of pitch wide too under little pressure, believe he also dropped a shot short as well.

Carrickmore were the victors but wouldn't be writing tales of a great last hurrah of the old guard there lads. Barry Daly was much, much more effective than either Gormley or Donnelly if we are being honest. He just wasn't on the pitch at the end.

I seen it totally different. Gormley made a couple of mistakes when he came on for sure but he was winning ball in the half fwd line at a time when they really need to. He made a couple of excellent wee runs to get the ball so don't know how he wasn't moving freely. He has obviously slowed down at that age.

Donnelly as well picked up the ball and drove straight at edendork a few times. Did Gormley not win the ball at the end and win the free that won it. He nearly had a goal to but fouled just outside.

strange how people can see a game so differently and i'm no fan of carrickmore

That's also true...but I'm sure you'll agree it was no more a foul than I'm an intercounty player.

No agenda v Gormley / Carrickmore. Just thought they had better players on the night to praise for getting over the line, Murray was relentless with his runs. Barry Daly was very effective as I mentioned. Penrose as original poster said was impressive to be fair and balanced.

A few of the old Tyrone legends seem to be playing much longer now. The players mentioned above must be 39-40? Ciaram Gourley is starting full back for the Rock who are into another junior final. Are any more of the 2003-5 AI winning players still playing regularly?
Stephen O'Neill was playing up until last year for Clan na Gael. Brian Dooher was playing for their reserves this year

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GlenMan on September 25, 2019, 01:34:41 PM

Your clock must be faulty. I timed it and McHugh played 4:10 injury time. Admittedly I thought he should have given Edendork one more attack and was surprised when he blew when he did.
You must've started it as they came out of the tunnel.. Overheard Errigal management (all 6 of them, decked in errigal gear) walking out the gate said Carmen got out of jail as he blew it up early. No matter what it said on the clock it took them over a minute from when the free was give to the ball went over the bar and he blew straight after, was definitely time for another Edendork attack

mick the master

Sure poor Eamon would hardly been fit for extra time!!😂

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 25, 2019, 01:57:21 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on September 25, 2019, 01:34:41 PM

You must've started it as they came out of the tunnel.. Overheard Errigal management (all 6 of them, decked in errigal gear) walking out the gate said Carmen got out of jail as he blew it up early. No matter what it said on the clock it took them over a minute from when the free was give to the ball went over the bar and he blew straight after, was definitely time for another Edendork attack

Thought Mallon was exceptional last night, black card cud probably have been avoided but hardly put a foot wrong! McCurry obv the stand out player, didn't deserve to be on a losing team! If Edendork had another keeper they would win, from what I saw of Morgan last year out the field he is probably their best player but only for him in goals in the past 2 games then carmen woulda hammered them!

inowbest

There is no doubt Carrickmore got out of jail last night. There is also no doubt that McHugh sided heavily in their favour throughout the match. I don't think anyone can deny that. But they won and that's all that matters.

As for the semi final, this is one that Errigal didn't want. Playing our rivals who have nothing to lose. Bad weather being given for Sunday on an already soggy and wet pitch (and a game on before it for good measure). I am really dreading this game and would not be one bit surprised if Carrickmore got the win. They are riding the crest of a wave, won a match that they probably shouldn't have but that is sometimes the best way to win. I am very nervous about this game.

As for the other one. That will be some tie. Very hard to call a winner in it. I'll slightly go for Coalisland due to the wet soggy pitch expected in Pomeroy. But there'll be nothing between them and could easily go the other way.

Quick question, why did the county board not play these games as a double header in Healy Park and avoid people having to go from Pomeroy to Dungannon?