Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Edendork seem to be a bit too reliant on Donaghy and McCurry for scores.

Certainly think Donaghy deserves a run out in the McKenna Cup next season, he has a big frame and can bulk up on that and he knows where the posts are.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

omagh_gael

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 24, 2019, 02:20:29 PM
1   Galbally Pearses                           22
2   Pomeroy Plunketts                        17
3   Loughmacrory St. Teresa's                16
4   Clogher Eire Óg                                16
5   Gortin St Patrick's                        13
6   Augher St Macartan's GFC                12
7   An Caisleán Glas Naoimh Pádraig        11
8   Moortown St Malachy's           11
9   Owen Roe O`Neill's GAC, Leckpatrick10
10   Strabane Sigersons                         10
11   Aghyaran                                         9
12   Beragh Red Knights GAA                 6
13   Cookstown Fr. Rock's GAA                 6
14   Stewartstown Harps                         6
15   Urney St Columba's                         5
16   Newtownstewart St Eugene's         2

Augher St Mac. V Galbally Pear.
Cookstown Fr.. V Strabane Sige.
An Caisleán V Beragh Red Kn.
Loughmacrory V Moortown St M.
Newtownstewar. V Aghyaran
Owen Roe O`Ne. V Urney St Colu.
Pomeroy Plunk V Clogher Eire .
Stewartstown V Gortin St Pat.

Galbally and Pomeroy looking good for Promotion.
Looking like Loughmacrory (who have Galbally still to play), Clogher and Gortin for the play off along with Augher most likely, Greencastle have a tough run in.
Newtonstewart look gone at the bottom, the two teams for the play offs comes between Beragh, Cookstown, Stewartstown and Urney. Beragh without Martin Rodgers look likely to be involved, so one from the other 3 then.

Lough have game in hand over Pomeroy though and if Galbally win the championship they'll be no major focus on the league from them you'd imagine.

redhandefender

I thought last nights game was fantastic from a neutral especially the 2nd half. Mc curry was unmarkable for about 15 mins in 2nd half. But cometh the hour cometh the old guard. Mark donnelly, marty penrose and conor gormley were giants! Tough on edendork but i glad its carrickmore having a crack at errigal.

Marty penrose definitely fouled for 1st goal just a very cute nudge from an experienced head

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: redhandefender on September 25, 2019, 07:36:17 AM
I thought last nights game was fantastic from a neutral especially the 2nd half. Mc curry was unmarkable for about 15 mins in 2nd half. But cometh the hour cometh the old guard. Mark donnelly, marty penrose and conor gormley were giants! Tough on edendork but i glad its carrickmore having a crack at errigal.

Marty penrose definitely fouled for 1st goal just a very cute nudge from an experienced head

Really? Both came on as subs as were hugely ineffectual - Gormley looked like a man shouldn't have been on pitch, he wasn't running freely.

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 09:30:53 AM

Really? Both came on as subs as were hugely ineffectual - Gormley looked like a man shouldn't have been on pitch, he wasn't running freely.

Gormley scored the equaliser and got on the ball a good few times in the last couple of minutes.

SG08

What a silly statement. Gormley scored the equaliser. is that what you call ineffectual?

GetOverTheBar

True, but he sliced one wildly up in the air costing possession going for a score, couldn't really run and he lost the ball over at the far side of pitch wide too under little pressure, believe he also dropped a shot short as well.

Carrickmore were the victors but wouldn't be writing tales of a great last hurrah of the old guard there lads. Barry Daly was much, much more effective than either Gormley or Donnelly if we are being honest. He just wasn't on the pitch at the end.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: SG08 on September 25, 2019, 09:34:11 AM

What a silly statement. Gormley scored the equaliser. is that what you call ineffectual?

There was a poster on here the other day (gaafan2) said that Kieran McGeary, who kicked 3-4 points from play for Pomeroy, was cancelled out of the game vs Loughmacrory.  Thats what you are dealing with in here.

redhandefender

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
True, but he sliced one wildly up in the air costing possession going for a score, couldn't really run and he lost the ball over at the far side of pitch wide too under little pressure, believe he also dropped a shot short as well.

Carrickmore were the victors but wouldn't be writing tales of a great last hurrah of the old guard there lads. Barry Daly was much, much more effective than either Gormley or Donnelly if we are being honest. He just wasn't on the pitch at the end.

I seen it totally different. Gormley made a couple of mistakes when he came on for sure but he was winning ball in the half fwd line at a time when they really need to. He made a couple of excellent wee runs to get the ball so don't know how he wasn't moving freely. He has obviously slowed down at that age.

Donnelly as well picked up the ball and drove straight at edendork a few times. Did Gormley not win the ball at the end and win the free that won it. He nearly had a goal to but fouled just outside.

strange how people can see a game so differently and i'm no fan of carrickmore

Tyrone95

Personally I thought the introduction of Conor was the winning of the game for us. He was clearly not 100% but the know how to win the ball at vital times and his presence alone on the pitch was a massive boost for our lads. I would suspect he may be used in the same way on Sunday (coming off the bench) massive massive task ahead and I'm sure errigal will be going in hot favourties.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: redhandefender on September 25, 2019, 09:56:42 AM

I seen it totally different. Gormley made a couple of mistakes when he came on for sure but he was winning ball in the half fwd line at a time when they really need to. He made a couple of excellent wee runs to get the ball so don't know how he wasn't moving freely. He has obviously slowed down at that age.

Donnelly as well picked up the ball and drove straight at edendork a few times. Did Gormley not win the ball at the end and win the free that won it. He nearly had a goal to but fouled just outside.

That's also true...but I'm sure you'll agree it was no more a foul than I'm an intercounty player.

No agenda v Gormley / Carrickmore. Just thought they had better players on the night to praise for getting over the line, Murray was relentless with his runs. Barry Daly was very effective as I mentioned. Penrose as original poster said was impressive to be fair and balanced.

skeog

Brendan Mc Laughlin had some game imo.Carmen showed some resolve to pull game our of the fire.Why go outside county for coaches when you have Ryan Daly who took on Carmen when no one else wanted it and has improved them no end.

TabClear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 10:00:20 AM

That's also true...but I'm sure you'll agree it was no more a foul than I'm an intercounty player.

No agenda v Gormley / Carrickmore. Just thought they had better players on the night to praise for getting over the line, Murray was relentless with his runs. Barry Daly was very effective as I mentioned. Penrose as original poster said was impressive to be fair and balanced.

A few of the old Tyrone legends seem to be playing much longer now. The players mentioned above must be 39-40? Ciaram Gourley is starting full back for the Rock who are into another junior final. Are any more of the 2003-5 AI winning players still playing regularly?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TabClear on September 25, 2019, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 25, 2019, 10:00:20 AM

A few of the old Tyrone legends seem to be playing much longer now. The players mentioned above must be 39-40? Ciaram Gourley is starting full back for the Rock who are into another junior final. Are any more of the 2003-5 AI winning players still playing regularly?

Davy Harte and John Devine are still in and around the Errigal senior panel.

stalwart

Quote from: skeog on September 25, 2019, 10:05:43 AM
Brendan Mc Laughlin had some game imo.Carmen showed some resolve to pull game our of the fire.Why go outside county for coaches when you have Ryan Daly who took on Carmen when no one else wanted it and has improved them no end.

Where is Tom Gribben from ? ???