Quote from: FermGael on June 09, 2019, 10:39:34 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 09, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
pressure of a 59 and rory folds  ;)

won't be figuring at all nxt week or in portrush, lowry and gmac more suited

Yes that was some fold on the 17th.....
Falling to pieces .....

pressure was off obviously, that's his signature
Four majors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2019, 10:53:57 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 09, 2019, 10:45:59 PM

Falling to pieces .....

Four majors

choke on 18 again

get back to me when he has no 5, we've been waiting a while  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 09, 2019, 10:56:38 PM

Falling to pieces .....

Four majors

choke on 18 again

So if he gets five will that make him more Irish and a better golfer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2019, 11:03:45 PM

Falling to pieces .....

Four majors

choke on 18 again

It will mean he will be realizing his potential.

He has it in him to be a 5-10 major winner. probably has another 5-6 years in his prime, some hopefully he can go on a run.

screenexile

Quote from: Kickham csc on June 10, 2019, 05:20:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2019, 11:03:45 PM

Falling to pieces .....

Four majors

choke on 18 again

It will mean he will be realizing his potential.

He has it in him to be a 5-10 major winner. probably has another 5-6 years in his prime, some hopefully he can go on a run.

You'll get very few who'd argue with that probably McIlroy included.

Remember reading an interview and I think Harrington as much said the same to him!

spoofer

Any tips for US open folks? Who's on form or worth a putting a bit of moolah on heading into it?

trailer

Quote from: spoofer on June 11, 2019, 12:00:49 AM
Any tips for US open folks? Who's on form or worth a putting a bit of moolah on heading into it?

Get your house on RORS. Ireland's greatest ever sportsman is in flying form.

screenexile

Quote from: spoofer on June 11, 2019, 12:00:49 AM

Kuchar and Lowry would be the 2 value bets I think for current form. I got Lowry @ 55/1 last Thursday he's now into 40 which would still be decent value.

McIlroy maybe if he puts in another performance like Sunday but it's not really worth it at 8/1.

Hound

"Course form" far from reliable, but I like it as a guide.

There's a tournament played every year at Pebble Beach, although you only play one of the first 3 rounds on the main Pebble Beach course and then the final round if you make the cut (cut occurs after 3 rounds).

Mickelson (40/1) won it this year (February) - his fifth win Pebble Beach win. T2 last year. He came 8th the last time the US Open was held there in 2010.
Tiger's (10/1) US Open win in Pebble in 2000 is regarded by many as the best golf ever seen. He came 4th in 2010.
GMac (60/1) of course won the US Open there in 2010. He came a very respectable 18th in this year's tournament, and notably he had 2 decent rounds, 68-71, on the main Pebble course
Lowry (40/1) has apparently played the course a lot, but had a 77 on the Pebble course in the Feb tournament and missed the cut. Last year he finished with a 74. But his form now is much better.
Rory (8/1) didn't play the Feb tournament.
Jason Day (25/1) has six Top 10s here, but no wins. 4th this year and T2 last year. Current form a bit dubious maybe.
DJ (8/1) blew up in Pebble in 2010, but unlike then, he's a proven winner now and was another who was T2 last year.

Odds are current PP with 10 places. Boyle's about the same. You'll definitely find better odds if you shop around, but maybe only 6 or 7 places for EW bets.

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on June 11, 2019, 10:22:51 AM
"Course form" far from reliable, but I like it as a guide.

There's a tournament played every year at Pebble Beach, although you only play one of the first 3 rounds on the main Pebble Beach course and then the final round if you make the cut (cut occurs after 3 rounds).

Mickelson (40/1) won it this year (February) - his fifth win Pebble Beach win. T2 last year. He came 8th the last time the US Open was held there in 2010.
Tiger's (10/1) US Open win in Pebble in 2000 is regarded by many as the best golf ever seen. He came 4th in 2010.
GMac (60/1) of course won the US Open there in 2010. He came a very respectable 18th in this year's tournament, and notably he had 2 decent rounds, 68-71, on the main Pebble course
Lowry (40/1) has apparently played the course a lot, but had a 77 on the Pebble course in the Feb tournament and missed the cut. Last year he finished with a 74. But his form now is much better.
Rory (8/1) didn't play the Feb tournament.
Jason Day (25/1) has six Top 10s here, but no wins. 4th this year and T2 last year. Current form a bit dubious maybe.
DJ (8/1) blew up in Pebble in 2010, but unlike then, he's a proven winner now and was another who was T2 last year.

Odds are current PP with 10 places. Boyle's about the same. You'll definitely find better odds if you shop around, but maybe only 6 or 7 places for EW bets.

Good stats but not sure about the bit in bold. . . I personally think he blew it @ the PGA again!

DJ seems to get a by ball from most golf commentators who like to beat Rory with the fact that he's only won 4 Majors and not the Masters but arguably DJ's solitary major so far is an indictment on his mental ability... along with that I think Lowry lost that Open more than DJ winning it!

trailer

19 People have won more than 4 majors in history. Only 2 of them are still playing. What Rory has achieved is incredible - still mid career. Those who say he has not won enough have little to no understanding of elite sport or indeed elite golf.

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2019, 01:37:06 PM
19 People have won more than 4 majors in history. Only 2 of them are still playing. What Rory has achieved is incredible - still mid career. Those who say he has not won enough have little to no understanding of elite sport or indeed elite golf.

I will generally back McIlroy on most things but he most definitely has not won enough.

When was the last time he played as well as he did on Sunday?? There are too many gaps in his career without wins when on form he is the best about he should be on form more often!

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on June 11, 2019, 01:43:46 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2019, 01:37:06 PM

I will generally back McIlroy on most things but he most definitely has not won enough.

When was the last time he played as well as he did on Sunday?? There are too many gaps in his career without wins when on form he is the best about he should be on form more often!

I take your point. For his talent he maybe hasn't won enough but it's worth to point out that these tournaments are not easy to win and that's why Tiger and Nicklaus stand out so much. Comparing Rory to them isn't fair as they're simply freaks. FYI Nicklaus came 2nd in more majors than he won so he arguably didn't fulfil his potential!

JPGJOHNNYG

McIlroy hasn't lived up to his potential. He may still get there but the clock is ticking. Consider he had 4 majors in 2014 to fast forward to today and he still has 4 is disappointing. On his day no-one can touch him. If he end up with 8-10 that would be about right.