All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 25, 2014, 11:34:25 PM
Quoteyou could forgive them for missing the touch off the keeper, but i really dont know how they didnt see the defender putting it out  :-\

Cos Kerry are given every opportunity to win...simple as. Every other team needs to beat the 15 in green and gold as well as the officials.   Kerry will never get a man set off regardless...which is why they made this AIF instead of Mayo.    Its all a complete joke...not that its any fault of the Kerry players themselves.

While Enright should have walked twice in that first half and Cormac Reilly rode us royally ( see that for writing from a Mayo man too!!! ;D) the real reason we lost out to Kerry was we didn't close out the game the first day ( 5 points up on 65 mins) then we missed a glorious goal chance in the first half of extra time in the replay to put us 5 points up. Those are the small margins under our control that cost us this year but hopefully we will be back in the next couple of years to make up for them. Well done Kerry though as sweet an All Ireland won for many years I would say.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 26, 2014, 03:05:47 PM
One of the greatest pleasures of the last few days has been sitting back and reading the whining from (some of) the Nordies.

Its like finishing a wonderful meal and the host keeps coming back and shoving dessert in front of you !

I'm fit to burst at this stage lads  ;D

Has there been many Nordies slagging Kerry?? Even Donegal are giving them the plaudits. There's more Dubs giving out about ye!

J OGorman

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2014, 03:57:59 PM
One of the greatest pleasures of the last few days has been sitting back and reading the whining from (some of) the Nordies.

Its like finishing a wonderful meal and the host keeps coming back and shoving dessert in front of you !

Has there been many Nordies slagging Kerry?? Even Donegal are giving them the plaudits. There's more Dubs giving out about ye!

???

screenexile

Quote from: J OGorman on September 26, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

???

Sure I was just quoting the language the man himself used!

J OGorman

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2014, 04:15:31 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 26, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

???

Sure I was just quoting the language the man himself used!

lets get him!

Mike Sheehy

more of it......

QuoteJOE BROLLY will incur even more wrath from Kerry after his latest inflammatory comments about their All-Ireland success.

The RTE pundit is particularly scathing in his column for Ulster GAA newspaper 'Gaelic Life' this week."If Tyrone introduced puke football then Kerry were the little girl in 'The Exorcist' whose head revolves as she machine-guns the walls with a torrent of vomit," Brolly says."The 2014 All-Ireland final duly enters the annals as the worst final ever. The first quarter of the second half was afterwards described by Kieran Donaghy as 'feeling like about three years'," he adds.
"If it felt like that for one of the players, spare a thought for the rest of us."He argues that Jimmy McGuinness' "monster is already sweeping through club football".Now that it has the endorsement of the Kingdom, that process will accelerate."They will celebrate in Kerry but, for the first time ever, no one else will," Brolly alleges."We could all share in the previous 36 wins, dreaming of being those boys some day ourselves: Jacko, Micko, Pat, Maurice and The Gooch.Travesty"But no one wants any part of Sunday's joyless, ugly travesty. So well done Kerry, but you can get off your high horse now."Maybe it's only puke football if someone else is playing it," he concludes.Kerry star Donaghy had a lash at Brolly in the immediate aftermath last Sunday for a previous column he had written saying the Kingdom's 'production line' had dried up.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerry-spewed-a-torrent-of-vomit-football-joe-brolly-30616858.html

mlcollins

In fairness most of the bitter posts have come from the Dubs, if one peruses all the gaa forums and the most predominantly ulster county with a gripe is Antrim, hilarious, if they came from a successful county they would bring hubris to another level , the Donegal supporters have shown class.

imtommygunn

What forums?? On here??

I don't know (m)any antrim supporters who've lost any sleep over it!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 26, 2014, 04:29:45 PM
more of it......

QuoteJOE BROLLY will incur even more wrath from Kerry after his latest inflammatory comments about their All-Ireland success.

The RTE pundit is particularly scathing in his column for Ulster GAA newspaper 'Gaelic Life' this week."If Tyrone introduced puke football then Kerry were the little girl in 'The Exorcist' whose head revolves as she machine-guns the walls with a torrent of vomit," Brolly says."The 2014 All-Ireland final duly enters the annals as the worst final ever. The first quarter of the second half was afterwards described by Kieran Donaghy as 'feeling like about three years'," he adds.
"If it felt like that for one of the players, spare a thought for the rest of us."He argues that Jimmy McGuinness' "monster is already sweeping through club football".Now that it has the endorsement of the Kingdom, that process will accelerate."They will celebrate in Kerry but, for the first time ever, no one else will," Brolly alleges."We could all share in the previous 36 wins, dreaming of being those boys some day ourselves: Jacko, Micko, Pat, Maurice and The Gooch.Travesty"But no one wants any part of Sunday's joyless, ugly travesty. So well done Kerry, but you can get off your high horse now."Maybe it's only puke football if someone else is playing it," he concludes.Kerry star Donaghy had a lash at Brolly in the immediate aftermath last Sunday for a previous column he had written saying the Kingdom's 'production line' had dried up.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerry-spewed-a-torrent-of-vomit-football-joe-brolly-30616858.html

Ah Mike I am shocked that any Kerryman would read what Brolly has to say. Sure he only has one All Ireland medal :D. There is still a few Mayo men walking around today with two All Ireland medal's in their back pocket!! ;D ;D

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mlcollins on September 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM
In fairness most of the bitter posts have come from the Dubs, if one peruses all the gaa forums and the most predominantly ulster county with a gripe is Antrim, hilarious, if they came from a successful county they would bring hubris to another level , the Donegal supporters have shown class.

Donegal are sound, when they beat us in 2012 they were sound about it as well so its not a winning v losing thing with them.

mlcollins

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2014, 04:54:23 PM
What forums?? On here??

Obviously when I stated forums, it was plural, I was inferring to hoganstand in particular and it is very evident from the various threads there that a disproportionate amount of Antrim posters have some issues with Kerry football, maybe you might carry out a bit of research before you decide to comment.

imtommygunn

Quote from: mlcollins on September 26, 2014, 05:15:58 PM
What forums?? On here??

Obviously when I stated forums, it was plural, I inferring to hoganstand in particular and it is very evident from the various threads there that a disproportionate amount of Antrim posters have some issues with Kerry football, maybe you might carry out a bit of research before you decide to comment.

:o The s on the end did give the plural away. Maybe responses like that rub people up the wrong way and that's why  some might generalise and dislike Kerry. I'll be sure to check the whole internet next time someone posts a comment like yours ???

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mlcollins on September 26, 2014, 05:15:58 PM
What forums?? On here??

Obviously when I stated forums, it was plural, I was inferring to hoganstand in particular and it is very evident from the various threads there that a disproportionate amount of Antrim posters have some issues with Kerry football, maybe you might carry out a bit of research before you decide to comment.

Hardstation is an unfunny dickhead for sure. His comments about Declan O'Sullivan were a disgrace. Not sure if there are too many other Antrim posters on here though.

mlcollins

Not here for sure but in other forums definitely and I know they are of no relevance to this forum but I was attempting to give the mean value attitude of the Antrim poster from an overall perspective.