All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 07, 2014, 09:03:19 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 04, 2014, 12:30:44 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 03, 2014, 11:17:05 PM

Ha ha,  ;D That excuse doesn't actually flatter your players you know Mikey. They were supposedly one of the best teams ever but were too brainless to work out how to play against an Ulster team during a timespan that covered a six year period? You shouldn't be so hard on the Kerry team of that generation Mikey, although the games against Ulster opposition were heart breaking for you, they gave you some good days as well.

What you have to understand Bennyharp is that form is temporary but class is permanent. Just like on this thread  ...you lads have been handed your arse ;)

Kerry football - just like the Kerry lads on this thread, is fond of self praise!

It's a bit like Michelangelo appraising Da Vinci........you kind of have to have it to truly appreciate it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 07, 2014, 09:38:39 PM

Ha ha,  ;D That excuse doesn't actually flatter your players you know Mikey. They were supposedly one of the best teams ever but were too brainless to work out how to play against an Ulster team during a timespan that covered a six year period? You shouldn't be so hard on the Kerry team of that generation Mikey, although the games against Ulster opposition were heart breaking for you, they gave you some good days as well.

What you have to understand Bennyharp is that form is temporary but class is permanent. Just like on this thread  ...you lads have been handed your arse ;)

Kerry football - just like the Kerry lads on this thread, is fond of self praise!

It's a bit like Michelangelo appraising Da Vinci........you kind of have to have it to truly appreciate it.

No, it's like Da Vinci praising Da Vinci but I hope you've given yourself a big pat on the back then. Being such a connoisseur of quality football though, it must wrankle that you are now embracing Ulster football and worse still, that it took over 12 years to master. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and all that.
That was never a square ball!!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 07, 2014, 10:27:00 PM

No, it's like Da Vinci praising Da Vinci but I hope you've given yourself a big pat on the back then. Being such a connoisseur of quality football though, it must wrankle that you are now embracing Ulster football and worse still, that it took over 12 years to master. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and all that.

That's the beauty of it, we never "imitated" Ulster football. We just stopped playing the game by your rules i.e everybody piling forward en masse and then piling back again en masse.We just did what the Dubs didn't do and held men back.

Simple and traditional , but brilliant.

It was so sweet beating Ulster playing with 6 defenders.

I guess we had the last laugh in the end.

BennyCake

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 07, 2014, 10:37:40 PM

That's the beauty of it, we never "imitated" Ulster football. We just stopped playing the game by your rules i.e everybody piling forward en masse and then piling back again en masse.We just did what the Dubs didn't do and held men back.

As my namesake said: 12 years to master.

I've said it before: width of a post. Get off that insecure high horse of yours.

tonto1888

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 07, 2014, 08:14:37 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 07, 2014, 08:38:28 AM

Not at all Id imagine, he, like me, is just wondering what Armagh done to disrespect Kerry.

you said some nasty things about us  :D ..here is one from 2003 (courtesy of the "gaaboard archive" thread)

Armagical
(4/7/03 11:45:40 pm)

The animals on the terraces were baying, the animals on the field were out to graze...

Not once, but twice, Stephen McDonnell had to endure a chorus of boos and disgusting insults from the so called Kerry fans. Twice the best forward in Ireland silenced them.

I lost count of the number of occasions that Kerry "men" were lying prostrate on the ground, on deaths door, only to spring to their feet again following a miraculous recovery. It's amazing the healing powers of a yellow, and especially a red, card shown to an opponent.

To the untrained eye it would have appeared that the Kerry players are very soft - that the merest physical contact is enough to floor them. However to those of us who had just made a 500 mile round trip it was obvious that the Kerry players were deliberately trying to fox the referee into issuing cards. To their shame, they succeeded.

As a life long Armagh supporter I've been to Kerry many times over the years for league games against the illustrious men from the Kingdom. I've always looked forward to these games immensely, partly for the trip and largely to the warm reception always bestowed upon us.

However, my impression of the Kerry fans changed a lot yesterday. I suppose in the past it was easy for Kerry fans to be gracious towards Armagh fans given the counties varying pedigree.

At the start of the match King Prat came and stood in front of us, delighted to have an audience of Armagh fans he quickly turned and said "we give yees that one in September." What an arrogant fool.

He seemed surprised that we Armagh fans were not in agreement. He received a rebuke that was as sharp as it was quick. Some facts were pointed out to him:
1 – The All-Ireland title is not, despite what Kerry fans like him may think, Kerry's to give
2 – Armagh were the only team to remain unbeaten through the whole of the All-Ireland series last year, unlike the Kerry team that was beaten twice.
3 – It was Kerry, not Armagh, that failed to score for almost 30 minutes of the All-Ireland final.

Annoyed that his analysis of final was being challenged, he decided to remind us every few minutes that Kerry have "Tirty Two" All-Irelands. Very mature.

I thought to myself, well he's obviously just a Kerry fanatic and is probably trying to engage in banter (albeit without the delivery of a comic genius) and that Armagh have as fans that are just as bad, and so decided that to ignore him would be the best course.

However, I was left thoroughly saddened by the booing, jeers and insults directed at Stephen McDonnell. To McDonnell's immense credit, he ignored the abuse and continued about his game unaffected.

Fair play to Kerry on the victory, the best team on the day won. Best of luck too for the forthcoming Munster championship. I'm sure it will be as wide open as it is always is, with Kerry having to beat more than just Cork to make to yet another All-Ireland quarter final!

in the interest of full disclosure here is my very considered reply

QuoteJesus you Armagh lads will certainly retain your All Ireland whinging crown whatever about the football crown. Grow up for f**ks sake, it was only a league game and ye are through anyway. Methinks you are going to have a long hard, distressing summer (or maybe that should be short ?) if this kind of thing gets you that animated.

Oh, by the way we have 32 All-Irelands in case you didnt know...he,he

Only 32 All Irelands .... who were those under achievers  ;)

Hmmm. I really dont think you meant to quote me considering I had no idea this board existed in 2003 and I only joined a few years ago. I will accept your apology any time

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 07, 2014, 10:37:40 PM

If you say it enough times, maybe, just maybe, you will begin to believe it and you can sleep easy in your beds........ But nobody else is fooled!

Mike Sheehy

No, I've already told you why our win had nothing to do with "Ulster" football. Study this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sGbwe1m7jkQ#t=3760

the jersey is being passed on before your very eyes...down the generations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B5Anzc68zu8#t=319

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 09, 2014, 10:37:26 PM
No, I've already told you why our win had nothing to do with "Ulster" football. Study this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sGbwe1m7jkQ#t=3760

the jersey is being passed on before your very eyes...down the generations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B5Anzc68zu8#t=319

Keep believing Mikey! Get out the Golden Years video, pour yourself a glass of whiskey and raise a glass to the passing of a once proud footballing county who sold their soul to Ulster. But don't be sad - it's all about the winning! Enjoy the winter......I'm sure your lads are training already.

Mike Sheehy