Tommy Walsh - Kerry

Started by Jinxy, July 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 30, 2014, 01:50:09 PM
How did this turn into such an abortion of a thread? :(

Baiscally it started to go wrong about here

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 25, 2014, 08:12:24 PM
I always thought Tommy Walsh was a bit over hyped back in 2008/9 and wasn't convinced that he was really top drawer. By next year it will be 6/7 years and a raft of fairly serious injuries later and I would be a surprised if he is a major addition to that Kerry team. If I was a Kerry fan, I'd be more interested in integrating players from the AI winning minor squad than harping back to a lad who has hardly kicked a Gaelic ball in anger in a long time.

Typical begrudging Nordie having a go at our Tommy.

Then when they get it back they start crying about it.

These Nordies just don't like it up 'em

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2014, 01:42:09 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 30, 2014, 12:37:27 PM
Ok, I'll bite, you don't view Canavan, Mc Guigan, Canavagh, Tohill, Scullion, Linden, Murphy, Mc Conville, Mc Hugh as natural footballers?

They MIGHT have been good footballers but it is impossible to tell when they are sacrificed to the system.

Michael Murphy is a great player but he has ended up playing corner back at times ffs. It is ridiculous.

You lads will be thanking us in the years to come because we have , essentially, saved football again. By beating the
system at it's most negative we have now forced Ulster "tae think again" as the song goes. You will have to do more than simply trying to stop the other team playing.

Of course, Ulster may respond by going even more negative. Not sure how that is possible but if anyone can find a more negative way it is Ulster  ::) Hopefully that won't happen  as it will be a tragedy for any decent footballers in the province.

What systems did you disapprove off in the 90s??

The early 90's was more about the very poor standard rather than systems as such. The likes of Brolly , for example, was completely overrated on the basis of a soft All-Ireland.

foxcommander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:56:27 PM
Ok, I'll bite, you don't view Canavan, Mc Guigan, Canavagh, Tohill, Scullion, Linden, Murphy, Mc Conville, Mc Hugh as natural footballers?

They MIGHT have been good footballers but it is impossible to tell when they are sacrificed to the system.

Michael Murphy is a great player but he has ended up playing corner back at times ffs. It is ridiculous.

You lads will be thanking us in the years to come because we have , essentially, saved football again. By beating the
system at it's most negative we have now forced Ulster "tae think again" as the song goes. You will have to do more than simply trying to stop the other team playing.

Of course, Ulster may respond by going even more negative. Not sure how that is possible but if anyone can find a more negative way it is Ulster  ::) Hopefully that won't happen  as it will be a tragedy for any decent footballers in the province.

The early 90's was more about the very poor standard rather than systems as such. The likes of Brolly , for example, was completely overrated on the basis of a soft All-Ireland.

Yep, the Down, Derry and Donegal teams in the early 90's were pansies.  ::)
Easy all-Irelands in those days. Didn't even have to go through a back door or nothing.

Funnily enough Kerry disappeared in those years.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J OGorman

the board has officially been taken over with the inane trollish rants of gobeens like Sheehy. Polluted and pretty much not worth it. Pity

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: foxcommander on September 30, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

Yep, the Down, Derry and Donegal teams in the early 90's were pansies.  ::)
Easy all-Irelands in those days. Didn't even have to go through a back door or nothing.

Funnily enough Kerry disappeared in those years.

That's why they were soft All Irelands.

Do try and keep up.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: J OGorman on September 30, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

the board has officially been taken over with the inane trollish rants of gobeens like Sheehy. Polluted and pretty much not worth it. Pity

What ? Just because I criticized Joe Brolly...? You Derry lads are super sensitive.
Brolly has been "trolling" Kerry for years so he deserves it.

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 30, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

What ? Just because I criticized Joe Brolly...? You Derry lads are super sensitive.
Brolly has been "trolling" Kerry for years so he deserves it.

Nothing to do with Brolly... I agree he was over-rated. Soft All Ireland? I don't think so we beat the 3 years previous All Ireland Champions on our way to that victory as well as a Dublin Team who won it 2 years after!!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 30, 2014, 01:50:09 PM
How did this turn into such an abortion of a thread? :(

Baiscally it started to go wrong about here

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 25, 2014, 08:12:24 PM
I always thought Tommy Walsh was a bit over hyped back in 2008/9 and wasn't convinced that he was really top drawer. By next year it will be 6/7 years and a raft of fairly serious injuries later and I would be a surprised if he is a major addition to that Kerry team. If I was a Kerry fan, I'd be more interested in integrating players from the AI winning minor squad than harping back to a lad who has hardly kicked a Gaelic ball in anger in a long time.

Typical begrudging Nordie having a go at our Tommy.

Then when they get it back they start crying about it.

These Nordies just don't like it up 'em

Someone dared suggest that Tommy just may not be absolutely brilliant and that was enough to light old Mikey's fuse. His anti Nordies rant keep me amused such is the despair, regarding 02, 03, 05 and 08, that still rages inside. It's even funnier now that his county has adopted our so called system.
That was never a square ball!!

whiskeysteve

why believe he's even from Kerry? he's the deputy troll on gaaboard after Fearon and not to be taken seriously
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 30, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
regarding 02, 03, 05 and 08, .

In fairness, Armagh would not have been as negative as your shower. At least they made an attempt to play football( as primitive as it was). It is also gas to see a Tyrone man claiming Armagh's title.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 30, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
regarding 02, 03, 05 and 08, .

In fairness, Armagh would not have been as negative as your shower. At least they made an attempt to play football( as primitive as it was). It is also gas to see a Tyrone man claiming Armagh's title.

You were the one who bought the whole of Ulster in to the discussion with your crazy stats, so I thought I'd humour you. Primitive as the football may have been in your eyes Mikey - you may as well get used to it, it's here to stay in the Kingdom.
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Tommy's coming home.

Where did that 5 years go to ?. Tadgh came home and got his medal in double quick time. Tommy will be hoping to do the same.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tommy-walsh-confirms-hes-quitting-sydney-swans-to-return-to-allireland-champions-kerry-30628997.html

Jinxy

Joe McMahon will be happy.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Jinxy on October 01, 2014, 10:51:27 AM

Joe McMahon will be happy.

That picture sums up how Tyrone played at that time. Thugs.