Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AggiesTillDeath8

LD are no longer the title force they once were, I believe the Fermanagh man, O'Flaherty, is no longer with them, Nugent is also a big loss. C. Murray's comeback is a big plus but he may not be right for most of the league.

Belfast GAA man

Not often I say this but that's good fixture decision to have a big game on Saturday afternoon and the rest on Sunday giving supporters a chance to see more than one game. Good if this becomes the norm

BigBallWeeBall

Maybe it's only to allow all the Belfast wives to hit the bottle tomorrow

imtommygunn

1 point win for ld. interesting result though only 1st league game so hard to read too much into it.

Belfast GAA man

Was at it . Cunningham's frees outstanding

Saffrongael

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on March 30, 2019, 04:40:38 PM
Maybe it's only to allow all the Belfast wives to hit the bottle tomorrow

I assume it's because St Johns are having a big do in the Europa tonight
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Good win for NE today and great start by the Gorts the stand out results today

inabsentia

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 31, 2019, 07:18:45 PM
Good win for NE today and great start by the Gorts the stand out results today

Gorts playing near the full match a man down. Surely times up on the escape act for Teresa's this year?

Caesar

St Teresa's getting hammered by Gort Na Mona doesn't bode well for them. Still very early days but that could be a big two points come the end off the season.

Time may also be up for Clooney Gaels. They have narrowly avoided relegation for a few years now, and with a focus on hurling and very little coming through the underage ranks, it appears only a matter of time before they make the drop.

Fair play to both Gort Na Mona and St Brigids who picked up impressive wins on the opening day.

toby47

Mark Sweeney will be a big miss off the Antrim panel.

BrendanAntrim

Big miss indeed, Mark's commitment levels over recent years beyond reproach. But really its not hard to understand, from two games into the league the footballers faced training multiple times per week with promotion off the agenda and a championship match v Tyrone to come. I am sure it was not an appealing prospect.

bannside

Mark was well respected within the squad and had developed into an excellent player, indeed one of Antrims main men. His decision to leave the panel was largely due to his increasing work commitments in Dublin where it wasn't easy to pull out of work three or four times a week at 5pm to get ahead of the traffic in time for training. He owes Antrim nothing and I'm sure the door is always open for his return should he decide to go back to the well one more time next year.

On the other foot, isn't it a good job not everyone adopted the same attitude towards having nothing else to play for!!!! Fair play to the rest who did decide to shoulder on.

Belfast GAA man

Is gaelfast a county wide project now ? I see they r running an Easter camp in Dunloy. Nothing against North Antrim and Southwest getting funding but this spreading out of resources doesn't look like a Belfast project where the chronic need has been identified. Are they just claiming existing initiatives with this Dunloy Easter camp...

Na Glinntí Glasa

to be honest i hadnt heard of this camp until i seen your post. Its not something we were advertising through our own club as we didnt have a previous easter camp.

id say they are just using our indoor facilities up till the 1pm time as theres a double Div1 fixture that day in our pitch against Cushendall so they wont be on the pitches.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 09, 2019, 05:22:43 PM
Is gaelfast a county wide project now ? I see they r running an Easter camp in Dunloy. Nothing against North Antrim and Southwest getting funding but this spreading out of resources doesn't look like a Belfast project where the chronic need has been identified. Are they just claiming existing initiatives with this Dunloy Easter camp...

And nothing in Cherryvale.  ;)

Might have to remind Dr Paul that this isn't purely an Antrim initiative next time I see him.