Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

It's as valid a perspective as any of the harte basher s but is laughable as it's now as sure as Xmas that you will post this. I for one hope that he has a successful final year in charge of Tyrone football. What a great run we all had..

tyroneman

Quote from: rrhf on November 15, 2014, 06:38:28 PM
It's as valid a perspective as any of the harte basher s but is laughable as it's now as sure as Xmas that you will post this. I for one hope that he has a successful final year in charge of Tyrone football. What a great run we all had..

I have no idea what you mean by this.

I don't regularly say much negative about MH and I'm absolutely grateful for everything the greatest manager in our history has done but like every other supporter who attends games rain hail or snow I'm entitled to an opinion. I sincerely hope Harte turns the ship around and would have no problem with him extending another term in office however last year was poor and there is no point saying otherwise.

The point I was making was that he has never been under the same sort of pressure tenure wise as will be next year. We have had bad years before, for various reasons and last year was our worst in a long time but Harte always knew he had the following year(s) to get things right, this time it looks like he must get it right or someone else will probably be in.

It's ridiculous that people are accused of 'Harte bashing' if they suggest anything other than all is rosy in the garden.

Redhand Santa

I think he may have actually been giving me abuse for continually defending him. I agree that he's under the most amount of pressure he's been under since starting or early summer 08. And the team most show serious improvement this year for him to continue. But I do think there is a lack of balance on here when it comes to Harte.

It's a big year for a lot of the players who consistently haven't delivered enough as well.

rrhf

Sorry Tyrone man, it was santa this was aimed at.. Not abuse either.  I think its high time for rational debate on Tyrone future.  however not of the abusive kind. 

Fuzzman

Rational debate is in order indeed without this usual line of how can you question a man who won 3 AI's and several underage ones.
We all change and the game changes. Look at Arsene Wenger for Arsenal. They have been left behind for years now as they stuck with a man that wont change his ways. Ferguson knew when it was time to leave I think.

redzone

the key question who would come in and do as good or better job.i cant think of anyone really.mal orourke maybe, that's it.2 years ago we reached al Ireland semi.this year tell a lot.not as much about micky but more about the players and how much they want to improve.look at the shape Clarke,matty are in.thats the level u have to be at to be winning al Irelands.plenty of skill in the team but some players aren't putting that extra bit in.mickey prob struggled with that,but that's were peter Donnelly will be key

tyroneman

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 17, 2014, 04:38:00 PM
Rational debate is in order indeed without this usual line of how can you question a man who won 3 AI's and several underage ones.
We all change and the game changes. Look at Arsene Wenger for Arsenal. They have been left behind for years now as they stuck with a man that wont change his ways. Ferguson knew when it was time to leave I think.

Success over a ten plus years period has to be considered. So does the quality and performance of players which hasn't been good enough.

My biggest problem with criticism on here is it so often is irrational. In recent days for example people have been suggesting a load of Omagh players should have started last year, before that it was people about Clonoe players and I often have suspicions that they're looking at things with a bias to their own club players. I saw plenty of Tyrone last year and don't believe Ronan O'Neill or Grugan showed enough to be automatic starters. Both our young and will hopefully improve though.

People have accused him of not making changes and sticking to his favourites. Last year he gave loads of opportunities to multiple players but they didn't deliver the goods. Some of the new players like Emmet McKenna I didn't think were ready to start but obviously Harte saw something in him and maybe he'll prove it going forward.

Like many others I'd like to see a more direct style of play. Though many of the successful teams in recent teams are playing a very similar style. Donegal and Kerry were both very defensive and slow build up in the final this year. If anything Tyrone were too attack minded at times.

The u21 performances over the last ten years concern me as much as anything and Harte hasn't been involved at that level. Our players don't seem to be progressing from minor to u21. So many good minors arent making the step at the next grade up.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyroneman on November 19, 2014, 09:15:21 PM
Still no word on a new sponsor?

Was just thinking that myself. Big mistake if they miss out on the Christmas sales as nobody will want to buy a Hunky Dory top.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

Another thing which is unreasonable is that some people here want Harte to let the players play in every club game and criticise him over availability of players while on the other still expect success at county level.

The tyrone players play more club games from April to August than most other top counties such as Donegal and Dublin of even armagh where they played no games for a month before Cavan match last year.

It has cost tyrone with injuries on loads of occasions. I hope they continue to play in line with last year but given what tyrone are competing against its hard to expect them to available for all games. Though either way regular club games are a most, may have to come up with something to involve more games in some form without county players,

Redhand Santa

On a different note does anyone think mark Bradley is worth a call up? Only saw him for the u21s this year and he was decent enough. Was brilliant minor but was so small always had doubts over him making it.

What about swift? Thought he was a decent option at corner back up until leaving.

Only a few weeks until the annual McKenna cup uni row kicks in.

ose 14

is bradley better than oneill mccurry or mcaliskey i doubt it. very small for county ball and hes very one sided but has pace worth a look in mckenna and then hang him upside down on the stairs worked for peter shilton when he was growing. harte will include him as he is a image in his own making harte no fan of big forwards hang up from his own shortness competing with the likes of mcguigan and kerlin back in the 70s. if ure over 5 10 you wont make it up front and especially in the corner.

Tommo2

Quote from: ose 14 on November 19, 2014, 11:08:34 PM
is bradley better than oneill mccurry or mcaliskey i doubt it. very small for county ball and hes very one sided but has pace worth a look in mckenna and then hang him upside down on the stairs worked for peter shilton when he was growing. harte will include him as he is a image in his own making harte no fan of big forwards hang up from his own shortness competing with the likes of mcguigan and kerlin back in the 70s. if ure over 5 10 you wont make it up front and especially in the corner.

Hard to take your comments serious when you say he is one-sided! He has 2 equally good feet and has in the past taken frees with his right foot at club level. Only a player very strong on the perceived weaker foot would consider doing this.

WT4E

Only pours from the optic with one side in McGinns - I think that's what hes on about!

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on November 19, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

::) Aye, O'Neill, Mulligan, Cavlan, Coney are proof of that alright.