James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: thewobbler on July 19, 2015, 01:28:14 PM
Duffleking, correct me if I'm wrong here, but is it okay to be disrespectful as long as a) it's only a little bit respectful, and b) it involves the UK? But in any other scenarios it'd be out of order?

Sheedy, an anthem playing before a a sporting event is a non story.  Happens across the world every minute of the day. Someone using that non event to make a political statement against the country in which he lives and works, well that actually is a story. Because it's downright disrespectful.

A political statement against the country Who invaded his country and killed many
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: thewobbler on July 19, 2015, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 19, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
I'm laughing at the fcukwits that are making an issue out of this!

I'm sure the non chav English wouldn't actually care he wasn't facing their flag or singing their anthem!

Let's get this clear - you are calling me a fcukwit for asking that someone has a bit of manners?

And then in your next statement you feel empowered enough to make a sweeping judgment about how all English people feel.

Ahem.

Its kind of like karma, maybe the English should've had a bit of manners and not invaded our country and started killing innocent people for fun, and, while were on the subject of manners, remember the golden rule of sharing. Well maybe if there's millions of people dying of starvation in the country next to you then maybe you stop taking their f**king food, the English could have stopped or at least severely lessened the impact of the famine at anytime

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: stew on July 25, 2015, 01:47:28 AM
All I see when watching that is a lad who realizes what is going to go down and does his best to make the best out of an uncomfortable situation, I am sure some of his mates on the team were pissed at him but fair fcuks to him.

There are enough shinners taking the queens shilling, why should McLean not do the same, the man is entitled to make a living and hold political views, as are we all.

Exactly

Mayo4Sam14

Surprised by the amount of Brits on here

Windmill abu

I, like many others grew up in "the six counties" during the troubles when sectarian abuse  in the workplace was rife. Thankfully the vast majority of obstacles preventing Catholics either achieving or maintaining employment have been abolished due to employment legislation.

If James McLean was called in front of his employers representative (Tony Pulis) to be admonished for not standing for GSTQ here, there would be equality campaigners and politicians queueing up to back his decision.

I would seriously doubt if facing the Union Flag is part of his employment contract.

I cannot find during (admittedly limited internet searching)W.B.A. having GSTQ played before overseas preseason tours before.

The more I look at it this seems to have been orchestrated to put McLean under pressure, where the UK employment legislation doesn't apply, for his refusal to wear the blood stained poppy which is almost obligatory while working in the UK.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

BennyHarp

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 25, 2015, 02:29:53 AM
I, like many others grew up in "the six counties" during the troubles when sectarian abuse  in the workplace was rife. Thankfully the vast majority of obstacles preventing Catholics either achieving or maintaining employment have been abolished due to employment legislation.

If James McLean was called in front of his employers representative (Tony Pulis) to be admonished for not standing for GSTQ here, there would be equality campaigners and politicians queueing up to back his decision.

I would seriously doubt if facing the Union Flag is part of his employment contract.

I cannot find during (admittedly limited internet searching)W.B.A. having GSTQ played before overseas preseason tours before.

The more I look at it this seems to have been orchestrated to put McLean under pressure, where the UK employment legislation doesn't apply, for his refusal to wear the blood stained poppy which is almost obligatory while working in the UK.
[/b]

😅 I think we have finally lost the run off ourselves on this thread.......So, the situation as you see it is that WBA spent money on signing a player then orchestrate a scenario when they can put him under pressure with regards to a very sensitive issue relating to Northern Ireland because he wouldn't wear a poppy? Who do you think is behind this? WBA board? Tony Pulis? The Queen? The paranoia doesn't make life any easier! 
That was never a square ball!!

Windmill abu

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 25, 2015, 07:06:17 AM

[/b]

😅 I think we have finally lost the run off ourselves on this thread.......So, the situation as you see it is that WBA spent money on signing a player then orchestrate a scenario when they can put him under pressure with regards to a very sensitive issue relating to Northern Ireland because he wouldn't wear a poppy? Who do you think is behind this? WBA board? Tony Pulis? The Queen? The paranoia doesn't make life any easier!

Unless WBA have a policy/habit of playing GSTQ at their overseas games, then why do it on this occasion when a player with known issues regarding Loyalty to the crown and crown forces is playing.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

T Fearon

I reckon Pulis was simply saying to Mc CLean,"I will shortly be facing relegation once again,I don't need this crap,just face the flag,any flag,when anyone's national anthem is being played,ffs!"

stew

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 25, 2015, 02:10:25 AM
Surprised by the amount of Brits on here

No shit! I am not surprised, disgusted but not surprised.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

You're away with the fairies if you think this was orchestrated to put pressure on McClean...

Hardy

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 25, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 25, 2015, 07:06:17 AM

[/b]

Unless WBA have a policy/habit of playing GSTQ at their overseas games, then why do it on this occasion when a player with known issues regarding Loyalty to the crown and crown forces is playing.

As far as I could see, GSTQ wasn't played by WBA.

thewobbler

Whisht now Hardy. Haven't you realised that a proud Irishman could never possibly step out of line, unless they were goaded or tricked into it by those devious, double-crossing, never-happy-unless-they're-up-to-no-good Brits?