Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 06:29:45 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 24, 2015, 06:16:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 24, 2015, 02:14:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 02:03:41 PM
This is what you said. It is clear and ambiguous.

QuoteOK, I'll state it in plain English.  Bolt has been caught, but like the banks a few years back, he's 'too big to fail' so they've been covered up to keep the legend alive.

You are now desperately backtracking, trying to say that you are merely re-wording what was said in the article.

Can you please show us where that, or anything like that, was said in the article?

If that's how you want to look at it there's not a lot I can do about it.  But both literally and metaphorically speaking you pulled that quote out of context to make your point.  I think that others who were perhaps a little more perceptive may have realised what I was doing, but just in case, I cleared it up in my very next post (which you have ignored twice now).  Like I said, none so blind... etc.

I'll take that as a no.   :)

Ah, no.1 in the standard list of GAABoard smart Alec responses.  It's sad to see you reduced to this muppet.

What can I do?

You made an outrageous claim.

You claimed, that this claim, what what was implied in the linked article.

When asked which part of the article suggested what you claimed, you cited 'more perceptive people', and 'none so blind' etc, or in other words you reached for the standard GaaBoard ad hominems, but naturally didn't trouble yourself by answering the question.

I'd answered the question twice previously.  I didn't feel the need to do it for a third time. If you check back I actually answered your question before you asked it. Hence my 'none so blind' remark.

muppet

You referred to this paragraph twice. And the usual 'none so blind' twice.

Are we to believe that Bolt has run considerably faster than all of these men, fuelled only by his favoured diet of chicken nuggets? When you consider the other high-profile Jamaican athletes, such as Veronica Campbell Brown and Sherone Simpson, who have fallen foul of doping rules, coupled with the historically lax approach of Jamaican officials to anti-doping, it all starts to look rather ominous. Is Bolt really the only high-profile Jamaican not to succumb to doping? The fastest man in the history of humankind, who trains with dopers, races against known dopers and has been linked with a notorious Mexican chemist. Surely not!

I don't read that as stating that Bolt was caught and that there is a big cover up.

I read it as suggesting that it is highly unlikely Bolt isn't juicing.

Now again please, for the completely 'blind', where in that paragraph does it clearly point to him being caught and it being covered up, as against the suggestion that it is unlikely that he is the only one not juicing?
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 06:52:18 PM

Are we to believe that Bolt has run considerably faster than all of these men, fuelled only by his favoured diet of chicken nuggets? When you consider the other high-profile Jamaican athletes, such as Veronica Campbell Brown and Sherone Simpson, who have fallen foul of doping rules, coupled with the historically lax approach of Jamaican officials to anti-doping, it all starts to look rather ominous. Is Bolt really the only high-profile Jamaican not to succumb to doping? The fastest man in the history of humankind, who trains with dopers, races against known dopers and has been linked with a notorious Mexican chemist. Surely not!

I don't read that as stating that Bolt was caught and that there is a big cover up.

Now again please, for the completely 'blind', where in that paragraph does it clearly point to him being caught and it being covered up, as against the suggestion that it is unlikely that he is the only one not juicing?

Admit your wrong.  Bolt ia juicing.  Fact!!!

muppet

Quote from: mikehunt on August 24, 2015, 06:57:07 PM

I never said he wasn't.

But since you now said it was a 'fact', you can obviously prove it?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

You can't prove it Mike. I think you're right by the way but unfortunately unless he's caught we can't say it

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 07:02:12 PM

I never said he wasn't.

Obviously.

muppet

Quote from: mikehunt on August 24, 2015, 08:16:47 PM

I never said he wasn't.

Obviously.

You are the author of the GAA Rulebook aren't you?
MWWSI 2017

JimStynes

Listen lads, I'm right and you're all wrong.

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 08:20:00 PM

I never said he wasn't.

Obviously.

Wrong again.

muppet

Quote from: mikehunt on August 24, 2015, 08:43:35 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 08:20:00 PM

I never said he wasn't.

Obviously.

Wrong again.

Is that a 'fact'?
MWWSI 2017

Franko

He's saying that other high profile Jamaican athetes have been caught, which would indicate that they do indeed test, and test enough to catch a few of the dopers (even the high-profile ones).  He then says that this is coupled with Jamaica's histoically lax approach to "anti-doping" - ie. not drug testing.  This is where my opinion came from.

Lance Armstrong's famous "I've never failed a drugs test" line should read "I've never failed a drugs test that you guys know about"

muppet

Quote from: Franko on August 25, 2015, 10:04:27 AM

He's saying that other high profile Jamaican athetes have been caught, which would indicate that they do indeed test, and test enough to catch a few of the dopers (even the high-profile ones).  He then says that this is coupled with Jamaica's histoically lax approach to "anti-doping" - ie. not drug testing.  This is where my opinion came from.

Lance Armstrong's famous "I've never failed a drugs test" line should read "I've never failed a drugs test that you guys know about"

I honestly don't see what you are implying, but you may be right. He may be treating very carefully due to libel laws etc.

The difference with Armstrong and Bolt is that while they were winning, Armstrong's cheating teammates were not failing tests or at least not publicly. Bolt's are.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Admit you're wrong and move on.

Franko

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 11:23:01 AM

I honestly don't see what you are implying, but you may be right. He may be treating very carefully due to libel laws etc.

The difference with Armstrong and Bolt is that while they were winning, Armstrong's cheating teammates were not failing tests or at least not publicly. Bolt's are.

I think you're proving my point here muppet.  If Armstrong's teammates had been cheating and failing tests (like Bolt's) and he was still massively outperforming them, would logic not lead you to conclude that either:

1. Some sort of cover up was going on wrt Armstrong's test results
2. Armstrong was Superman

Boycey

Quote from: Franko on August 25, 2015, 02:16:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 11:23:01 AM

I think you're proving my point here muppet.  If Armstrong's teammates had been cheating and failing tests (like Bolt's) and he was still massively outperforming them, would logic not lead you to conclude that either:

1. Some sort of cover up was going on wrt Armstrong's test results
2. Armstrong was Superman

I've been half following this conversation, did you show yet where he's been caught doping  or did you back your way out of that one??