Mayo v Armagh- Round 3 Qualifier

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 24, 2019, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Very enjoyable game; well done to both teams. Mayo for sure got some very soft frees. Lovely to see all the Feile groups there. Made a lovely atmosphere. Told my young fella at the start that watching Jamie Clarke is always a good experience and Jamie didn't make me eat my words - just class.

Angelo

Deegan has been at it for years now.

It must take great restraint from players sometimes as he is laughing in your face as he screws you at every turn.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: StephenC on June 29, 2019, 10:42:29 PM
Very enjoyable game; well done to both teams. Mayo for sure got some very soft frees. Lovely to see all the Feile groups there. Made a lovely atmosphere. Told my young fella at the start that watching Jamie Clarke is always a good experience and Jamie didn't make me eat my words - just class.

Thought Clarke was desperate in 1st half and brilliant in 2nd

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2019, 10:56:22 PM

I agree with you on this one. He had a stinker first half

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 29, 2019, 09:24:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2019, 08:35:09 PM
Shields a liability, least he's not diving today I suppose.

First part is true however he doesn't dive
Harsh. Man made silly mistakes today but he's been one of Armaghs most reliable players for a brave while now. And he is most certainly not a diver.

Rossfan

Armagh left that one behind them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Over the Bar

Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2019, 10:56:22 PM

A precocious talent but has made a county career reputation of running up blind alleys!

sidelineball

Quote from: naka on June 29, 2019, 09:01:34 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on June 29, 2019, 08:36:16 PM
Armagh absolutely love the late hard fist into the player disguised as a tackle after the foul has already been called. The management team were experts at it too. Is wasn't picked up off the grass
Why don't you f**k off
If you gamble nothing to day constructive
Stay off the board
That was a decent game two fair teams
We left it in the pitch
Disappointing

I'm talking facts. Look out for it, next year obviously.

whitey

For Cillian O Connors last free, anyone see the stamp on McLoughlin after he was fouled

Very sneaky and lucky for Armagh that lad didn't get a red card

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2019, 09:09:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 29, 2019, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2019, 08:56:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 29, 2019, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 29, 2019, 08:38:39 PM
Armagh will probably have some major regrets here.

Two goal chances in 2nd half. One saved off the post and one over the bar.
You think? Mayo can thank their lucky stars that they came through that game by the skin of their teeth.

Maybe! Maybe they are just postponing the inevitable. Then again Cork, Cavan, Galway and Meath await. Nothing there to send shivers down ones spine!

That was the real test. Galway and Cavan are tricky assignments but I'd expect Mayo to get past Cork or Meath fairly handy although you never know with Mayo.

I expect Mayo's next game to be a part of a double header in Croke Park. Mayo love playing in Croke Park and Headquarters will want them to get to the Super 8's. We were a big loss to revenue last year! And revenue is badly needed to keep funding Project Dublin GAA.

Westlife are playing in Croke Park next weekend. So probably looking at

Mayo v Galway - Hyde Park
Mayo v Cavan or Meath -  Tullamore or Portlaoise
Mayo v Cork - Limerick

Rossfan

Sky talking about a "double header" next weekend.
Then again they did 2 games at different venues today.
Laois v Cork could be played at any Tipperary Club ground.
Clare wont need much capacity either and Galways aren't  noted for attending Qualifier games.
Tyrones are staying away in numbers this year so Cavan and the Rhubarbarians will be  keeping the €€€s coming in.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Harold Disgracey

Just home from Castlebar. Initial thoughts, we left that one behind us and Deegan is a clown, a joke of a ref at this stage.

The pints in the Mitchels club beforehand were nice.

The best of luck to Mayo in the next round.

Gold

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2019, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 29, 2019, 08:45:46 PM
Huge regrets from Armagh.

Combination of missed chances and some poor decision making. Deegan was certainly worth 4 or 5 points to Mayo, he was much quicker to blow for frees for Mayo, seemed to consistently give Mayo players 3 or 4 more seconds to release the ball than Armagh. Why does Grimley not take the frees for Armagh? He's far better more reliable at them than O'Neill.

Big win for Mayo though, should make the Super 8s now. They really flagged near the end though and the mounting injuries are a huge cause of concern for them.

Deegan (and most referees) do this! The higher up the food chain, the easier the frees.

Totally agree. Robbed Armagh.

Armagh much easier on the eye, gutted for them
Coen good for Mayo
Cant believe Moran was taken off
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

under the bar