Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: aqua_allsorts on September 12, 2019, 04:41:27 PM
Quote from: kickitin on September 12, 2019, 04:37:03 PM
another big weekend of championship action coming up. Can't see any surprises bar maybe the rock giving glenelly a run and possibly galbally getting past a strong aghyaran team with big names like johnny connolly said to be coming back into the starting 15.

Believe it or not kickitin.

I've also heard from a very reliable source about aghyaran that this Connolly lad seems to be flying in training. Galbally won't be expecting this curveball I'd presume?

'Flying in training'   Cringeworthy cliche !!!

Moonshine

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on September 12, 2019, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
Quote from: Moonshine on September 11, 2019, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 11, 2019, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on September 11, 2019, 08:36:36 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 11, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 11, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on September 11, 2019, 01:52:29 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 11, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look

Oguz didn't make the Errigal team v Eglish. Suppose it wouldn't be the first time an Errigal sub made the county panel

In fairness Errigal subs are other better footballers than the starting 15 in most other clubs!

If that was the case then they would have a few oneill cups the past few years?
Shocking statement regarding a brutal club.

Brutal club  :) :) :) clearly clueless. Produced one of the greatest footballers  to play the game. Regularly compete at the highest grade unlike your club.  If derrylaughin is even your club?. And il add the only club to take home senior ulster club. And tyrone have had some great winners.

You my friend need to float away out into lough neagh coming out with a statement like that. Brutal club.

Who wants to take that one....

Is canavan not?

Moonshine, is errigal ciaran going to live of the fact cavanan played for them forever? no doubt he was a great player.
also dont act like cavanan was the only great forward tyrone had, catch a grip.
as someone else has stated too, Errigal ciaran wasnt even a club when cavanan was in his teens - brutal club.
your quick to defend errigal i see, you a Ballygawley, Beragh, Eskra, Aughnacloy, seskinore or augher man

If you read the comment in full instead of picking out bits that suit you, you might of seen I said he was one off a lot of good footballers. I agree many a good forward played for tyrone Frank mc mcguigan, brian mc mcguigan, mulligan, o neill, dooher. I was merely pointing out he carried tyrone early 90s until early 00s. Just like Frank sr did.

What is your reason for it been a brutal club?
Have they beat washing bay alot?
Won too much?
Or is it the current county manager from their club? Which I agree before you cry new manager needed

awh moonshine good to have you back. Define 'carry', what did we win when he was 'carrying' us. Thats not a dig, i think he was the best forward Tyrone has ever produced and one of the greatest, but your statement is invalid is all im saying.
Brutal club - theyve won f**k all lately bar the league last year (who remembers the league winners). they think there above everyone when in reality the are the most ordinary, underachieving club there is.

I didnt realise I had to point it out to you more obviously . Well in 95 for example every game tyrone played to all ireland final he was fighting a lonely battle.

An underachieving club is a brutal club.   :) :) .. Yeah I agree they have won frig all lately bar 2 leagues that everyone would swap for an o'Neill cup. Until last year coalisland won nothing for years. Trillick few years before that won nothing  for good while.. every club goes through that.. look at your own when was last time o neill cup was brought back their?

Localexpert

Quote from: Moonshine on September 12, 2019, 07:40:40 PM
Next bunch of players that will be looked at will be the Tyrone U20s this year, likes of Conal Grimes, Canavan, Conor Quinn, Antoin Fox someone like Joe Oguz might even get a look

Oguz didn't make the Errigal team v Eglish. Suppose it wouldn't be the first time an Errigal sub made the county panel

In fairness Errigal subs are other better footballers than the starting 15 in most other clubs!

Brutal club  :) :) :) clearly clueless. Produced one of the greatest footballers  to play the game. Regularly compete at the highest grade unlike your club.  If derrylaughin is even your club?. And il add the only club to take home senior ulster club. And tyrone have had some great winners.

You my friend need to float away out into lough neagh coming out with a statement like that. Brutal club.

Is canavan not?

Moonshine, is errigal ciaran going to live of the fact cavanan played for them forever? no doubt he was a great player.
as someone else has stated too, Errigal ciaran wasnt even a club when cavanan was in his teens - brutal club.
your quick to defend errigal i see, you a Ballygawley, Beragh, Eskra, Aughnacloy, seskinore or augher man

If you read the comment in full instead of picking out bits that suit you, you might of seen I said he was one off a lot of good footballers. I agree many a good forward played for tyrone Frank mc mcguigan, brian mc mcguigan, mulligan, o neill, dooher. I was merely pointing out he carried tyrone early 90s until early 00s. Just like Frank sr did.

Won too much?
Or is it the current county manager from their club? Which I agree before you cry new manager needed

awh moonshine good to have you back. Define 'carry', what did we win when he was 'carrying' us. Thats not a dig, i think he was the best forward Tyrone has ever produced and one of the greatest, but your statement is invalid is all im saying.
Brutal club - theyve won f**k all lately bar the league last year (who remembers the league winners). they think there above everyone when in reality the are the most ordinary, underachieving club there is.

I didnt realise I had to point it out to you more obviously . Well in 95 for example every game tyrone played to all ireland final he was fighting a lonely battle.

An underachieving club is a brutal club.   :) :) .. Yeah I agree they have won frig all lately bar 2 leagues that everyone would swap for an o'Neill cup. Until last year coalisland won nothing for years. Trillick few years before that won nothing  for good while.. every club goes through that.. look at your own when was last time o neill cup was brought back their?

What has coalisland got to do with your argument?
And in case you forgot they have played in 4 finals in the last 12 years winning 2 so either you're a complete idiot or you dont follow club football once your big parish team is out.

Ps the two wins we've had this decade we beat your big ballygawley parish team en route and your manager gave us 3-1 odds last year  ;D

kickitin

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 12, 2019, 09:58:15 PM
Gortin defeated Moortown tonight in their IFC Round 1 replay, 1-11 to 1-10. Moortown were six points down going into the last quarter before starting a comeback, but it wasn't enough & Gortin held on. They now face Greencastle in a derby quarter-final clash.

moortown threw it away the first day and will be kicking themselves. looking forward now to the derby match between gortin and greencastle where young mcaleer will find it tough to find scores whilst being marshalled by ronan hollywood who didn't give cloghers danger forward a sniff in healy park.

aqua_allsorts

Quote from: kickitin on September 12, 2019, 10:56:30 PM
Gortin defeated Moortown tonight in their IFC Round 1 replay, 1-11 to 1-10. Moortown were six points down going into the last quarter before starting a comeback, but it wasn't enough & Gortin held on. They now face Greencastle in a derby quarter-final clash.

moortown threw it away the first day and will be kicking themselves. looking forward now to the derby match between gortin and greencastle where young mcaleer will find it tough to find scores whilst being marshalled by ronan hollywood who didn't give cloghers danger forward a sniff in healy park.

Ronan Hollywood's da, welcome to the board.

aqua_allsorts

Quote from: Onionbag_82 on September 12, 2019, 11:41:12 PM
Quote from: aqua_allsorts on September 12, 2019, 11:25:44 PM
Quote from: kickitin on September 12, 2019, 10:56:30 PM

Ronan Hollywood's da, welcome to the board.

Hollywood a quality back yes no doubt about that but surely with other attacking options from midfield and deeper as well as youth such as c. brolly and a young mcswiggan, gortin should have enough to get over the line?

Would agree here onion bag.

Mcswiggan has a solid game first day out v Moortown kicking 2 lovely points. Keenan and McGarvey were very good in round the middle for Gortin.

Brian McLernon also worth a mention, excellent game vs Gortin in Edendork. Huge pity for Moortown they didn't have brother Conan at their disposal. Fall out between player and club I believe?

Moonshine

Quote from: Localexpert on September 12, 2019, 10:36:33 PM

Is canavan not?

Won too much?

And in case you forgot they have played in 4 finals in the last 12 years winning 2 so either you're a complete idiot or you dont follow club football once your big parish team is out.

Ps the two wins we've had this decade we beat your big ballygawley parish team en route and your manager gave us 3-1 odds last year  ;D

I have no argument against coalisland I was merely pointing out that other teams have not won much and are they classed as brutal clubs to another post. But as you have brought a few points up......

Lol 4 finals in last 12 years, Errigal have been in 7 finals in 19 years winning 4 extend coalisland final and win appearance to that and it stays at 4:2 ratio, so I dont really get your point in mentioning that?? One of your most recent Finals was one of the biggest hammerings in nearly 40 years go back to one of them other finals you mentioned it was a 10 point drubbing.

I suppose the turning point for you was when your parish boundaries extended to brackaville and killyman to name a few? The purchase of big mcgahan in one of the January
windows  helped you get over line in last years final...

I'd say paddy power was even giving 3/1 last year.. but hey if it's any consolation your favourites this year let's see how you deal with that and potentially a rampant trillick team running at you. Let's hope the thuggery stays to a minimum though as the spit gate saga in athletic grounds last year was embarrassing but not suprising and the antics you got up to on sparky bradley few years back when he tore you to shreds was pathetic.

Tintown rattler

Quote from: Moonshine on September 13, 2019, 07:45:48 AM

Is canavan not?

Won too much?

I have no argument against coalisland I was merely pointing out that other teams have not won much and are they classed as brutal clubs to another post. But as you have brought a few points up......

Lol 4 finals in last 12 years, Errigal have been in 7 finals in 19 years winning 4 extend coalisland final and win appearance to that and it stays at 4:2 ratio, so I dont really get your point in mentioning that?? One of your most recent Finals was one of the biggest hammerings in nearly 40 years go back to one of them other finals you mentioned it was a 10 point drubbing.

I suppose the turning point for you was when your parish boundaries extended to brackaville and killyman to name a few? The purchase of big mcgahan in one of the January

I'd say paddy power was even giving 3/1 last year.. but hey if it's any consolation your favourites this year let's see how you deal with that and potentially a rampant trillick team running at you. Let's hope the thuggery stays to a minimum though as the spit gate saga in athletic grounds last year was embarrassing but not suprising and the antics you got up to on sparky bradley few years back when he tore you to shreds was pathetic.

Oh no local expert has caught another one ! Errigal not happy with tiffy giving out the big odds.

In fairness to errigal they haven't tried to be dirty in years. Last man tried it was Petey Harte in Annagher and we all know what happened him there. Daddy came
Over the wire too to defend him.... but nothing wrong with that when it's errigal doing it

Localexpert

Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 13, 2019, 10:10:39 AM

Is canavan not?

Won too much?

Oh no local expert has caught another one ! Errigal not happy with tiffy giving out the big odds.

In fairness to errigal they haven't tried to be dirty in years. Last man tried it was Petey Harte in Annagher and we all know what happened him there. Daddy came
Over the wire too to defend him.... but nothing wrong with that when it's errigal doing it

Like shooting fish in a barrel moonshine isn't near wise! Jesus the nephew took on the wrong man that day ....

The_Slug

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 13, 2019, 11:41:33 AM
Eskra v Errigal - Eskra
Drumragh v Kildress - Kildress
Killeeshil v Brockagh - Killeeshil
Glenelly v Rock - Rock

Be extremely surprised if the above doesnt happen tonight

topofthesoil my man, you know the championship can always fire up a few shocks. I give Drumragh and Brocagh the most likely to cause the upset

Goals_Will_Come

Predictions for this weekend then:
Junior:
Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock

Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes
Gortin V Greencastle

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 13, 2019, 11:57:53 AM
Junior:
Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock

Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes
Gortin V Greencastle

Eskra
Drumragh
Kileeshil
Rock

Pomeroy
Galbally
Owen Roes
Gortin

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 13, 2019, 12:00:10 PM
Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory - Draw
Galbally V Aghyaran - Draw

Urney V Owen Roes - Owen Roes
Gortin V Greencastle - Greencastle

County Board be delighted

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 13, 2019, 11:59:33 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 13, 2019, 11:57:53 AM
Junior:
Eskra V Errigal 3rds
Drumragh V Kildress
Kileeshil V Brockagh
Glenelly V Rock

Intermediate:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory
Galbally V Aghyaran
Urney V Owen Roes
Gortin V Greencastle

Eskra
Drumragh
Kildress
Rock

Pomeroy
Galbally
Owen Roes
Gortin

Drumragh and Kildress both to win - can't see that happening 😉

Moonshine

Quote from: Localexpert on September 13, 2019, 10:48:19 AM
Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 13, 2019, 10:10:39 AM

Is canavan not?

Won too much?

Like shooting fish in a barrel moonshine isn't near wise! Jesus the nephew took on the wrong man that day ....

What's it like to reply to yourself tintown/local expert?

And would it not be use that took the bait replying to a comment about teams not doing well.. I know you may have the IQ of a tadpole lads/lad but grow up. Talking about fighting on a pitch very brave you lot are..