Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Has anyone asked AI to do the draw?

blanketattack

Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 10:16:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2023, 09:41:44 PM
Kerry guaranteed Ulster opposition and Cork and Mayo likely to face Ulster opposition.
No - it still depends on the order they come out tomorrow.  The 'can't play' clause is not a certainty. Otherwise the draw could go on for a long time!!!
Kerry have a 50% chance of playing Tyrone and 50% chance of playing Monaghan and 0% each of Cork and Mayo.
That seems like a certainty to face Ulster to me!

Cork and Mayo both have a 75% chance of playing either Derry or Armagh and a 25% chance of playing Dublin.

Sometimes thread titles aren't very accurate, but this one has hit the nail on the head!

restorepride

Quote from: blanketattack on June 25, 2023, 11:03:38 PM
Kerry guaranteed Ulster opposition and Cork and Mayo likely to face Ulster opposition.
No - it still depends on the order they come out tomorrow.  The 'can't play' clause is not a certainty. Otherwise the draw could go on for a long time!!!
Kerry have a 50% chance of playing Tyrone and 50% chance of playing Monaghan and 0% each of Cork and Mayo.

Cork and Mayo both have a 75% chance of playing either Derry or Armagh and a 25% chance of playing Dublin.

Sometimes thread titles aren't very accurate, but this one has hit the nail on the head!
There is no pairing that definitely can't happen. An dtuigeann tú?

AustinPowers

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2023, 10:33:59 PM
Has anyone asked AI to do the draw?

Paul the Octopus  is doing it

David McKeown

Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 11:24:40 PM

I thought the line about where possible only meant that if there was no alternative to having a team face an opponent they had already played then they would avoid such a pairing. That scenario being highly unlikely at this stage but before today was theoretically possible at semi final stage
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

iorras

Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 11:24:40 PM

There is, Galway cant play any of Armagh, Kerry, Dublin or Derry in the quarter final. Fact.

Jell 0 Biafra

Why couldn't Kerry get Dublin?

From the Bunker

Hard to believe it will be all over on July 30th!

armaghniac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 26, 2023, 12:12:43 AM

Why couldn't Kerry get Dublin?

Kerry and Dublin are in the same pot, both reached the QFs directly by topping their group.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

Thanks for the clarification.

square_ball

No one cares about this RTE scandal. Just get on with the feckin draw.

Schkite

Kerry v Tyrone
Armagh v Monaghan
Derry v Cork
Dublin v Mayo

square_ball

But everyone on Twitter said that Derry and Tyrone was a certainty!!

Some good fixtures there. Derry probably got the best draw.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2023, 02:39:11 PM
Could be talking out my arse but I think if Galway win today I think Armagh will be drawn first as we can only meet Cork/Mon. Similarly if Mayo win today Kerry will be drawn first as they'll only have 2 options and the others still have 3 options. The second draw on a similar principle or random draw from the initially qualified Quarter finalists - if all options are equal.  Haven't read this anywhere was just thinking it would be logical.
Ahem wildweasel

marty34

Mc Carthy says there may be a draw for the semi-finals.

Bit mad that.