The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 02, 2020, 12:32:03 AM
Why does it matter whether DeGea wasn't going to be able to make the save?

Because there is nothing to support that he was interfering with the play. DeGea did not react in any way to Sigurdsson's being there.

Jell 0 Biafra

He lifted his leg over the ball to let it go past. That's interfering with play, and blocking degea's view, regardless of whether he could have saved it or not

J70

He didn't lift his feet over the ball. He pulled them out of the way, and it is utterly ridiculous to claim that blocked DeGea's view. And even if we're generous and say it even partially blocked it, it would be irrelevent. DeGea was moving towards the opposite side of the goal and literally physically reacted to the deflection off Maguire as the exact same time as Sigurdsson pulled his feet back. Sigurdsson might as well have been invisible for all the impact he had on what happened. There is no way that that can logically be deemed interfering with play.

United got very lucky IMO.

Jell 0 Biafra

I don't think it's at all ridiculous to say that a guy on the deck a couple of yards from you, between you and the ball, is blocking your view.  That said, between your posts and a look at the current offside rule, you've convinced me that the goal should have stood.

johnnycool

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 02, 2020, 02:44:28 AM
I don't think it's at all ridiculous to say that a guy on the deck a couple of yards from you, between you and the ball, is blocking your view.  That said, between your posts and a look at the current offside rule, you've convinced me that the goal should have stood.

I thought DeGea was standing up so how in under of god could someone lying on the ground be blocking his view?

IF Sigurdsson was blocking his view then why did DeGea move to his right as DCL shot, telepathy?

poor decision by VAR as the on field decision was a goal with no clear and obvious mistake made by the referee.

From an Everton perspective Pickford could be looking for a new club come the summer. Hard to see Ancelotti sticking by him considering the number of brain farts he's had of recent..

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnnycool on March 02, 2020, 11:25:02 AM

I thought DeGea was standing up so how in under of god could someone lying on the ground be blocking his view?

IF Sigurdsson was blocking his view then why did DeGea move to his right as DCL shot, telepathy?

poor decision by VAR as the on field decision was a goal with no clear and obvious mistake made by the referee.

From an Everton perspective Pickford could be looking for a new club come the summer. Hard to see Ancelotti sticking by him considering the number of brain farts he's had of recent..

Recent brain farts? Pickford is a dreadful goalkeeper. He has played 135 league games and only had 34 clean sheets and conceded over 200 goals. That's only premier league alone. That's ridiculous for a so called top class keeper. I know you need to factor in the defence in front of him but the reality is he is dogs shit.

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 02, 2020, 11:34:45 AM

Recent brain farts? Pickford is a dreadful goalkeeper. He has played 135 league games and only had 34 clean sheets and conceded over 200 goals. That's only premier league alone. That's ridiculous for a so called top class keeper. I know you need to factor in the defence in front of him but the reality is he is dogs shit.

He saves plenty of "worldies" as my wee lad talks about, but lets in far too many regulation saves.

Main Street

Sigurdsson was brought down in the box with a late scything tackle, was there a case for a penalty?
Other than that, I thought De Gea was fortunate with the offside call, he hadn't the remotest chance of saving the ball with Sigurdsson out of that picture.
And that scything tackle which felled him was the direct cause of him being on the ground

imtommygunn

I have to say I do think it was the right call to disallow that goal. Pickford made a great save second half. As someone said good at the spectacular but not so much the bread and butter ones.

Calvert-llewin on some scoring run. The funny part of it is he looks so clumsy yet still manages to keep scoring (albeit that was a bit of a freak one)

manfromdelmonte

Everton...
First club to have a player punished retrospectively for diving . No other club has been punished despite weekly diving and simulation.

First club to have a penalty incorrectly awarded against them via VAR

First club to have an own-goal ruled out for offside by VAR

First club to have a manager red-carded

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 02, 2020, 09:42:05 PM
Everton...
First club to have a player punished retrospectively for diving . No other club has been punished despite weekly diving and simulation.

First club to have a penalty incorrectly awarded against them via VAR

First club to have an own-goal ruled out for offside by VAR

First club to have a manager red-carded

The club of firsts ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

J70

I remember Everton played United shortly after that Jagielka match.

Similar sort of shot went in. Of course, the human feline DeGea flew across the goal and reached it and pulled off an unbelievable stop!