American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Eagles and the Bungles drew  :D

AZOffaly

7-3 Baby, 7-3. The Giants heading to Phoenix next weekend, which may well be 7-4, but the Cards are getting close to winning the NFC Worst for the first time.

magpie seanie

Abject stuff from da Bears and a real head scratcher. How could they stop the Titans on the ground a week before but be totally ran over by the Packers? On the other side of the ball Orton wasn't at his best and inexplicably they stopped runnig the ball when they were having some success there. The Rams next week should offer a chance to steady the ship but the much vaunted and highly paid Bears D is in chaos. It seems the best man they had was Ron Rivera.

thejuice

I see Brandon Jacobs is out this weekend, Jamie Dukes and Rod Woodson giving the game to the Cards on NFLTA today as well.

Thinking about staying up for the Ohio-Pennsylvania game. Its always a hard fought game even if the Steelers are probably going to tear them a new ocho
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Steelers look really good to me. What time will it be over at?

thejuice

probably 4:30am, Ill probably go straight to bed after work and get up at 1:30am.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

The Giants game will be a reality check for the Cardinals. It will either be a wake up call, thinking they are better than they are at 7-3, or a real boost in terms of preparing for the playoffs. If they could pull off a win against the 9-1 Giants it would be a great statement, and would probably mean winning the division after 11 games, which is a real rarity in the NFL, even by NFC Worst standards. The Cardinals have two problems as far as being a serious, serious team. The first is they need balance in the offence. It's brilliant having Breaston, Boldin and MacGearailt at wide receiver, with Urban chipping in as well, and Arrington and Hightower as threats from check down passing plays, but the running game will need to be able to pound out hard yards against good pass defences.

The second, and biggest problem, is on defence. They are aggressive and mad keen to hit the QB, which is great, but they give up an awful lot of big plays, especially in the air, and you cannot give teams 40+ yard TD passes too often. With their aggression they tend to leave a lot of 1 on 1 matchups on the outside with cornerbacks, and they get burned a lot. If the pressure game is not causing bad throws, bad things happen to the Cards.

I'll be picking the Giants in Pick 'em, but I'd love to be wrong.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 20, 2008, 03:53:12 PM
Steelers look really good to me. What time will it be over at?

That will be over at about 4.45. Usually about 3 hours for a regular season game.

magpie seanie

Mmmmm. A bit too late methinks. The Juice's plan is a good one but can't see myself getting to sleep if I hit the cot at 6 ish. A good option if there was a game i was REALLY mad to see.

thejuice

Its hard to faze Eli Manning though. (wouldnt have said that 3 years ago) He has to be sacked and stopping the Gaints running game will be no mean feat, I myself would dissagree with Dukes and Woodson. I think the Giants DL will find it easier to get to Warner than the vice versa

magickingdom

anyone know about getting tickets for the ny jets on the day out at meadowlands? i'm trying to get tickets for the jets/bills game on dec 14 but there are only crap tickets online. just wondering would there be any tickets for sale outside the ground on the day or is that a no no at nfl games...

Gabriel_Hurl

My brother was able to get them handy enough when they played Arizona at the start of October - might be a bit tougher now that they are in the thick of the playoff hunt

magickingdom

thanks gab, i think thats what i'll try. going to the game with my brother but tickets online are all high up at this stage

Oraisteach

Well, here's hoping the Ohio State University sticks it to that team up north today, with snow up to my oxters.

magickingdom

see ohio st v michigan got voted best rivalry in the states lately (think it was usa today). there will be over 100,000 people at it